Leafs fans: are you cheering for wins or losses?

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
its like asking if u want matthews, or one of the finns or not...theres only one answer here, something really wrong with u if u think otherwise

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
As long as we can get one of, Matthews, Chychrun, Jones or Tkatchuk i'll be happy!

Really? Jones would seem like a pretty underwhelming pick early on. I feel like there's a good chance he'd still be around for the Pittsburgh pick (assuming they make the playoffs).

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
In my heart I'm cheering for wins, in my head losses.

I'm a ****ing mess when I watch games. I cheer for goals when we get them and then quickly think, oh no, I want Austin Mathews, hopefully we don't get too many goals.

I'm pretty excited that after this season (if we get another great year of drafting) I can finally have my heart and head cheering for wins... we should have enough depth in the prospect pool at that point to be very good a few years out.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Both.

I really don't care. I'm tired of waiting for them to be even a decent team and I have other things to do.

I do like that the team effort is so much better than the group that mailed it in the last half of last year. That was embarrassing.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Both.

I really don't care. I'm tired of waiting for them to be even a decent team and I have other things to do.

I do like that the team effort is so much better than the group that mailed it in the last half of last year. That was embarrassing.

But that's what most fans wanted, I can remember many times players got ripped for ruining the tank.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Last year's team sucked any enjoyment out of watching them I had. So I'm not watching this year and probably won't until they they rid themselves of a few more core guys.
So I'm hoping they finish low and get a top draft pick

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Don't really "cheer" per se.

I prefer the Leafs win against Montreal, Ottawa, Boston and any teams battling Pitt for the wild card this year.

I prefer they lose against everyone else to improve their draft position.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If you aren't one of Reimer, Gardiner, Rielly, Kadri, JVR, Lievo or Leo you bet I'll rip you a new one for ruining the tank.

So don't dump on a guy because he is a team player giving the fans what they want. The guys that tanked last year and maybe this year are your allies, re-sign them all.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I've been cheering for wins since the start of the season, tanking should only happen in mid to late February, until then you're in the playoff race even if you're 10 or more points out. In about 1 month I'll let you know which way I'll cheer, but for at least the next month all leaf fans should cheer wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad