Proposal: Leafs-Ducks

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think it’s pretty good.

leaf fans in the other 3 threads should be comfortable Rakell won’t hit .75 cause he’s a dime a dozen, overrated, 40 point player who is on a decline at least that’s what I’ve heard
I mean a 60+ point pace is no small feat but he should get that, especially going to a team like the leafs versus the Ducks.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I feel like your leaf fans are going to have a meltdown reading that, easy yes from Anaheim

let me balance it out

Rakell at 50%
For
Amirov
2021 2nd
2022 3rd (conditional 2nd if Rakell hits 60 points)

Amirov
Conditional 2021 2nd (becomes 1st if Leafs make conference finals ie pick falls in the 29-32 range)
Conditional 2022 2nd (drops to a 4th if conditions are met for giving up 2021 1st)

for

Rakell 50% retained

Reactions: Getz2noone

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Why does anyone try Leafs and anyone trades??
The only thing people offer is Kerfoot and their prospects are the best in the world thus worth every good player

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The only thing people offer is Kerfoot and their prospects are the best in the world thus worth every good player
The only thing people offer is Kerfoot and their prospects are the best in the world thus worth every good player[/QUOTEy]
Unfortunately a lot of times it’s leaf fans making the thread

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
While value may be close according to some. I can’t see how the Leafs afford to dump a good number of players/prospects for just a year and a half.

Second we screw our selves regarding protecting players for the expansion draft. I honestly believe we will use an 8 player protection to keep our big 4 and our top 4 D.

I like both players but given the ramifications no thanks.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Rakell at 50% for Amirov + 2nd (becomes a 1st if Rakell scores at a .75 PPG or higher)

I feel like your leaf fans are going to have a meltdown reading that, easy yes from Anaheim

let me balance it out

Rakell at 50%
For
Amirov
2021 2nd
2022 3rd (conditional 2nd if Rakell hits 60 points)

i really dont wanna trade Amirov but this is probably the most realistic deal. although i wouldnt go as far to have a conditional 1st, if it turns into Amirov and a 1st it becomes a bad deal.

only condition i would do on a 1st is based off playoff success, not ppg. so i could at least stomach losing the 1st lol.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i really dont wanna trade Amirov but this is probably the most realistic deal. although i wouldnt go as far to have a conditional 1st, if it turns into Amirov and a 1st it becomes a bad deal.

only condition i would do on a 1st is based off playoff success, not ppg. so i could at least stomach losing the 1st lol.

I tend to agree, amirov + 1st is a bit high, but if you swap 1st to 2nd and throw cup appearance to make it into a 1st. Or some variation of what I said .... using a middle round pick or lesser prospect to make up the gap between a 30th pick and a 60th pick

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I tend to agree, amirov + 1st is a bit high, but if you swap 1st to 2nd and throw cup appearance to make it into a 1st. Or some variation of what I said .... using a middle round pick or lesser prospect to make up the gap between a 30th pick and a 60th pick
yeah a cup finals would be a good condition. 1 because of the deal granted us success, and the 1st would be pretty late. unless it was a next years 1st which would be a lotto ticket.

i would do like, Amirov and a 2nd with that condition, or a 1st outright with 2 guys like Hallander/Abramov kinda like the Muzzin deal.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

I understand what you're saying but is it really a loss if you have Rakell scoring 60+ points?

Getznoone's proposal might make more sense where its Amirov and a 2nd and an extra 2nd if Rakell does really well or playoff success?

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I understand what you're saying but is it really a loss if you have Rakell scoring 60+ points?

Getznoone's proposal might make more sense where its Amirov and a 2nd and an extra 2nd if Rakell does really well or playoff success?
yeah, trading Amirov and a 1st for someone who hits 60 points is a bad deal. i like the extra 2nd based off playoff success better.

quite frankly i would be surprised if Rakell didnt hit 60 points in a full 82 games with our offense. i would honestly expect it lol.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
yeah, trading Amirov and a 1st for someone who hits 60 points is a bad deal. i like the extra 2nd based off playoff success better.

quite frankly i would be surprised if Rakell didnt hit 60 points in a full 82 games with our offense. i would honestly expect it lol.
Yeah true, I'd expect the same.

A conditional pick protects the leafs in the event he gets injured or just can't find chemistry.

Reactions: CatchyTune

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
i wouldnt trade Sandin alone for Rakell

Rakell at 50% retained and Terry. And you think Dubas can get these guys and the retention for two nobody prospects and a low 1st in a lousy draft no one can properly scout? Ummm....

so you assume the Ducks GM is as stupid as that proposal? You’ll need to part with somethings valuable for that package. What is presented by the OP is garbage and magic beans for two legit NHL players. One with 50% retention.

Last edited:

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Rakell at 50% retained and Terry. And you think Dubas can get these guys and the retention for two nobody prospects and a low 1st in a lousy draft no one can properly scout? Ummm....

so you assume the Ducks GM is as stupid as that proposal? You’ll need to part with somethings valuable for that package. What is presented by the OP is garbage and magic beans for two legit NHL players. One with 50% retention.

So would you take Nick Merkley, Nathan Schnarr, Kevin Bahl 1st and 3rd for Rakell @ 50%

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

i dont really give a shit about Terry. i said i wouldnt trade Sandin for Rakell, which i wouldnt.

the only "nobody prospect" is Kivihalme, i dont know why he listed him. but the other 3 are legit.

if you follow how NHL trades work, selling teams trade NHL players for futures, or as you like to call them, "magic beans".

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Robertson for Rakell (with max retention). Anything less than that and GM Bob Murray hangs up the phone on Dubas.
With other teams bidding for Rakell, Colorado could offer Newhook for Rakell. Edmonton could offer Bear + other stuff.
Newhook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amirov + Lillygren(or Engvall) + 31st overall pick in a weak & cloudy draft

Reactions: Leonardo87

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Robertson for Rakell (with max retention). Anything less than that and GM Bob Murray hangs up the phone on Dubas.
With other teams bidding for Rakell, Colorado could offer Newhook for Rakell. Edmonton could offer Bear + other stuff.
Newhook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amirov + Lillygren(or Engvall) + 31st overall pick in a weak & cloudy draft
Wtf? I doubt Colorado is offering up newhook or the leafs robertson

not that leafs offer liljegren amirov and a 1st but we take that 100% if it was an offer

Reactions: KyGuy9

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
i dont really give a shit about Terry. i said i wouldnt trade Sandin for Rakell, which i wouldnt.

the only "nobody prospect" is Kivihalme, i dont know why he listed him. but the other 3 are legit.

if you follow how NHL trades work, selling teams trade NHL players for futures, or as you like to call them, "magic beans".
Legit? Hardly. Sustainable ice time in NHL is a maybe for all three.

terry just shredded the Avs. He’s got some high end skills.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
So would you take Nick Merkley, Nathan Schnarr, Kevin Bahl 1st and 3rd for Rakell @ 50%
rakell isnt a pending ufa like hall and the leafs would get him for 2 playoff runs and at 1.9 mil.... that's terrible value for rakell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad