Proposal: Leafs-Ducks

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Rakell 50% and Terry for

1st, 3rd, Abramov/Hallander and Kivihalme/Topi Niemela

Similar value as the Muzzin trade as they both have same length on their contracts and i added Terry as some media has mentioned he maybe moved and the ducks are at the contract limit so i believe the trade would need contract for contract.

Reactions: Getz2noone

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Terry availability was a bad rumor. I don’t see a fit for him in Toronto regardless.

Simplify the trade to Rakell for 1st + prospect.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
I like Niemela, so I'd be hesitant to involve him in any trade. He hold more value to the Leafs than to outside organizations

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell 50% and Terry for

Similar value as the Muzzin trade as they both have same length on their contracts and i added Terry as some media has mentioned he maybe moved and the ducks are at the contract limit so i believe the trade would need contract for contract.
I think that’s in the ball park. Don’t ducks have to still take back a vessy or engvall for it to work?

make the 3rd a conditional 2nd round pick on Rakell production since most leaf fans think he is a dime a dozen/average overrated forward.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
I think that’s in the ball park. Don’t ducks have to still take back a vessy or engvall for it to work?

make the 3rd a conditional 2nd round pick on Rakell production since most leaf fans think he is a dime a dozen/average overrated forward.

We can just waive Vessy if needed as the Ducks are at the contract limit so and the Leafs still have two open i believe. I feel Rakell would do well in the leafs top six and PP. I would only only make it a conditional 2022 (we have no third this year) if he went 30/30 next season.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We can just waive Vessy if needed as the Ducks are at the contract limit so and the Leafs still have two open i believe. I feel Rakell would do well in the leafs top six and PP. I would only only make it a conditional 2022 (we have no third this year) if he went 30/30 next season.
Oh I meant cap wise can leafs fit him in this year as is? Well I guess at 50%
I’m cool with the 30/30 condition I think he’d hit that fairly easily pending injuryb

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Rakell 50% and Terry for

Not enough. Change prospect to Sandin.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I really like Rakell's game, value seems pretty close. Not sure how ducks fans feel. I know people were mentioning Amirov/Sandin in another thread, he just isn't worth that + a 1st IMO.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Rakell 50% and Terry for

yes i would do that but its not happening for cap reasons where is the money going out to fit those players in the lineup, has to money in money out as they have 0 space availabe, dubasssss ceated this mess and now he is stuck, and he is going to trade all our future for a quick fix just as previous boneheads did in toronto and the slide continues.......

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Weak quantity over quality offer for Rakell (especially with 50% retention), and then Anaheim adds in a cheap winger with upside for free? No dice.

Take out Terry, that rumor made no sense and has since been refuted. The Ducks need to collect more young NHL ready players with upside, not give them away.

A late first is a pretty weak centerpiece for Rakell, nothing there that will set you apart from the other half dozen or more playoff bound teams that would likely be happy to give up a 1st, especially if you are asking for 50% retention.

If your first is the best piece offered, I'd highly doubt your offer is the most attractive on the table. Amirov might get a conversation started.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really like Rakell's game, value seems pretty close. Not sure how ducks fans feel. I know people were mentioning Amirov/Sandin in another thread, he just isn't worth that + a 1st IMO.
I think the problem is from my perspective there is a pretty large gap between robertson/Sandin and amirov/liljegren

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell at 50% for 1st + Amirov + a conditional 2nd round pick that Anaheim receives if Rakell scores 60 points next year
I feel like your leaf fans are going to have a meltdown reading that, easy yes from Anaheim

let me balance it out

Rakell at 50%
For
Amirov
2021 2nd
2022 3rd (conditional 2nd if Rakell hits 60 points)

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Rakell at 50% for 1st + Amirov + a conditional 2nd round pick that Anaheim receives if Rakell scores 60 points next year

I dont think I have ever seen a condition based on production from a skater. They are often based on team success or games played from the player right?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I feel like your leaf fans are going to have a meltdown reading that, easy yes from Anaheim

let me balance it out
What if we combined it?

Rakell at 50% for Amirov + 2nd (becomes a 1st if Rakell scores at a .75 PPG or higher)

Rakell will likely get that mark so it's most likely Amriov + 1st which is a good return for the Ducks. If Rakell busts the Leafs minimize the amount they paid for him and they keep their first.

Seems like a solid deal from a neutral perspective.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What if we combined it?

Rakell at 50% for Amirov + 2nd (becomes a 1st if Rakell scores at a .75 PPG or higher)

Rakell will likely get that mark so it's most likely Amriov + 1st which is a good return for the Ducks. If Rakell busts the Leafs minimize the amount they paid for him and they keep their first.

Seems like a solid deal from a neutral perspective.
I think it’s pretty good.

leaf fans in the other 3 threads should be comfortable Rakell won’t hit .75 cause he’s a dime a dozen, overrated, 40 point player who is on a decline at least that’s what I’ve heard

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad