GDT: Leafs @ Coyotes - 10pm - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Don’t kid yourself, there are players in every sport looking to get a head start on the off-season
If Arizona wasn't such a gong show, it would be right at the top of the list in terms of destinations for UFAs, just behind the Southern teams. Never underestimate the power of weather and lifestyle in an athlete's decision-making.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Sure but depending what was available to him he may not have had much choice.
Bunch of guys signed in Chicago this year as well.
Right.

So if I had to pick between Chi and Arz for a paycheque, well I am choosing the warm weather.

I am sure Kerfoot hopes over his time there that they will turn it around and he can help be a part of that, and I am pretty sure he would rather be in the playoffs, but early golf in great weather is not the worst

Sure but depending what was available to him he may not have had much choice.
Bunch of guys signed in Chicago this year as well.
Right.

So if I had to pick between Chi and Arz for a paycheque, well I am choosing the warm weather.

I am sure Kerfoot hopes over his time there that they will turn it around and he can help be a part of that, and I am pretty sure he would rather be in the playoffs, but early golf in great weather is not the worst

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Right.

Damn right. So would I.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
If it were me it would be Jones tonight, because you have Vegas tomorrow and as much as I still don't trust Samsonov he is the best goaltender right now and I want my best goaltender against the best team and that's Vegas.

However I believe we will see Samsonov tonight because he is the best goaltender right now I have no doubt they REALLY want this one because if they get it they go 5-0 without Rielly and then he comes back tomorrow with the team feeling good.
As always it's the two conflicting trains of thought.

1. Do you try to maximize the likelihood of 4 points by putting the better goalie second against the stronger opponent?
2. Or, do you try to ensure you get 'at least' 2 points by ensuring you win the first game with the better goalie and leave the back to back up to chance.

My vote is Jones tonight and Sam tomorrow, but we'll see.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Right.

Right.

Is there an echo in here ? :laugh:

He's also closer to home being out West. I imagine whether he's in Chicago or Arizona he's heading home after the season regardless.

As always it's the two conflicting trains of thought.

1. Do you try to maximize the likelihood of 4 points by putting the better goalie second against the stronger opponent?
2. Or, do you try to ensure you get 'at least' 2 points by ensuring you win the first game with the better goalie and leave the back to back up to chance.

My vote is Jones tonight and Sam tomorrow, but we'll see.
It's a tough one. Playing the lesser goalie against the lesser team can also increase the chance of getting swept.

Team is playing well and rolling, they should expect to win every night right now, IMO.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
These western trips really piss me off. There is no reason to play these teams twice a season. none. I’d rather play the division rivals more, at least that guarantees regular start times for your local fan base. This is garbage.
The league tried that and the fans lost their minds at not being able to see each team in their home rink once a season.

Plus, it's not like we play these guys more than once on the road... and generally the team has 3 western road trips per season right? California, Western Canada and the mid-south-west tip. And even then, at least a 3rd of the games are on at 7.

So what is that, 6-7 games that are on late? And, if the game is trending down, just turn it off an go to bed, no harm done lol

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Knies matthews marner
Holmberg domi nylander
Bertuzzi Tavares robertson
Gregor kampf mcmcann

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1708531437907.png

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
MUST-STAY-UP
To watch what pieces off the Arizona carcass we can add at the trade deadline.

Could we get them to OVER-pay for Knies? Like I mean REALLY overpay.
They have 20 selections in the next 3 years first 3 rounds burning a hole in their pockets.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
MUST-STAY-UP
To watch what pieces off the Arizona carcass we can add at the trade deadline.

Could we get them to OVER-pay for Knies? Like I mean REALLY overpay.
They have 20 selections in the next 3 years first 3 rounds burning a hole in their pockets.
An overpay for Knies that I would ponder is along the lines of 3 first round picks including their top 5 pick this year. And I’d still have to consider it. Knies is going to be something really special.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
An overpay for Knies that I would ponder is along the lines of 3 first round picks including their top 5 pick this year. And I’d still have to consider it. Knies is going to be something really special.

Knies, Bertuzzi and Kampf for Crouse, McBain and Arizona's first this year. :laugh: Ya, it would never happen.

Reactions: Jojalu

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
What odds can you get for Matthews not scoring?

It just seems too much of a set up. And that doesn't often happens with the Leafs.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Noticed Connor Ingram has played the majority of games (35) for the Yotes and has some pretty good numbers (2.76 GAA, .912 SV% and 5 SO) so I wondered where did they get this guy from?

Drafted by Tampa Bay Lightning
- round 3 #88 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Player trades [notes]
  • 2019-Jun-14 Traded from Tampa Bay Lightning to Nashville Predators for round 7 pick in the 2021 draft (Robert "Cooper" Flinton)
  • 2022-Oct-10 Claimed off waivers by Arizona Coyotes from Nashville Predators

We selected Korshkov @ 31, Grundstrom @ 57, Woll @ 62 and Greenway @ 77.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Right.

Not me man. I'm used to the weather in Toronto and like the idea of four seasons. Chicago restaurants are amazing and I believe Chicago is the Blues capital of the world, being able to see top notch live blues music on a regular basis would be awesome.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Not me man. I'm used to the weather in Toronto and like the idea of four seasons. Chicago restaurants are amazing and I believe Chicago is the Blues capital of the world, being able to see top notch live blues music on a regular basis would be awesome.
Chicago is definitely a better city with a lot more history and culture IMO. Phoenix/Scottsdale area are fun but they also get old real fast and the heat is f***ing brutal. Sure, it's pleasant October-April but May-Sep you can't even go outside during the day, even the pools get warm.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Chicago is definitely a better city with a lot more history and culture IMO. Phoenix/Scottsdale area are fun but they also get old real fast and the heat is f***ing brutal. Sure, it's pleasant October-April but May-Sep you can't even go outside during the day, even the pools get warm.
I love it.

Stomping around through Texas/Oklahoma/New Mexico and Arizona in the summer is great.

You just have to be prepared to drink 10 gallons of water a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad