2nd

Canucks add solid pieces for their "rebuild"

leafs d-core improves

Rielly - Tanev
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Borgman - Carrick​

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
babcock wants hainsey and reilly to play together so getting a defesneman wouldn't be necessary

Reactions: biotk

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Not going to move him for a package, especially one that involves the main piece being an upcoming UFA that could be flipped for a late 1st.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Kapanen straight up?
He doesn't hold Tanev value. I'm constantly amazed at how people under rate Tanev. He's an awesome shutdown RHD. He holds a ton of value. He's a great complementary top pair d-man or an elite #3 who carries his pairing. Kapanen is a very good prospect, but really nothing special. He's worth more or less (likely slightly more) than his draft position. I think Tanev is worth much more.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
This is horrendous for the Canucks and I say this as a Leafs fan. I think if there's going to be a trade it'll be for more than Leafs fans want to give but less than Canucks fans are currently expecting. :D

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
He doesn't hold Tanev value. I'm constantly amazed at how people under rate Tanev. He's an awesome shutdown RHD. He holds a ton of value. He's a great complementary top pair d-man or an elite #3 who carries his pairing. Kapanen is a very good prospect, but really nothing special. He's worth more or less (likely slightly more) than his draft position. I think Tanev is worth much more.
Tanev is Rob Scuderi without all the offensive flair.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

I don't think most people necessarily underrate him, but are also factoring in his health history in the cost of acquisition. There's the perception rightly or wrongly that he's made of glass.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Please stop, we don't want Kapanen and even your 1st wouldn't do it.

It looks like you're quoting a Canucks fan asking for Kapanen + 2nd, not a Leafs fan champ.

If we could send a piece back to make the salary somewhat offset, I'd do KK + 2nd.

Mar 26, 2010
As a leafs fan myself, stop saying this.

Tanev would be a welcomed addition to our top 4 and I would trade JVR (flipped for a 1st) + pieces for tanev.
I think Tanev is hot garbage. I have watched him play, he does nothing impressive.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Rychel is mediocre and quite honestly just waiver fodder give or take.

JVR doesn't have use for the Canucks. There's no point in theorizing what hypothetical he could return. Canucks easily decline.

Hainsey has been great for us, albeit it's two games in. I don't know if you want to move him off of Rielly at this point.

We don't need Tanev until the D experiment is done. Our D has been good for the most part (Gardiner + Rielly's pairing), we gave up a bunch of goals last night because of the PK and poor defense/control of possession by JVR-Bozak-Marner, that's not on the defenders.

On the Canucks end, the value isn't there really unless you know what JVR is returning. 1 game in, it looks like Green and management think this group can compete and win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad