Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%

Tony Cameranesi
Frederik Gauthier
Joe Colborne
Greg McKegg
Matt Finn
Carter Ashton
Tyler Biggs
Stuart Percy
Brad Ross
Jesse Blacker
Josh Leivo
Jerry D'Amigo
Garret Sparks
Mark Owuya
Petter Granberg

Spencer Abbott
Andrew Crescenzi
Sam Carrick
Kevin Marshall
Kenny Ryan
Tyler Brenner
Marcel Mueller
Jamie Devane
David Broll
Max Everson
Andrew MacWilliam
Tom Nilsson
Dennis Robertson
Simon Gysbers
Eric Knodel
Dominic Toninato
Connor Brown
Ryan Rupert
Viktor Loov
Carter Verhaeghe
Fabrice Herzog
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1

Suggest who I should add next

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I'd say Colborne

My order:
Rielly, Colborne, Granberg, Gauthier, Ross, Ashton,Leivo, Blacker,Finn, Biggs, Percy

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I'd say Colborne

My order:
Rielly, Colborne, Granberg, Gauthier, Ross, Ashton,Leivo, Blacker,Finn, Biggs, Percy

How you rank all those guys above Finn is beyond me.

This guy was leading the league in points by defenseman, while having one of the strongest defensive games. He isn't flashy, but he is easily our second best prospect.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Think people are underrating Colborne. He's ready to make the jump and provides a solid puck possession board game already- as seen in the playoffs. Part of me really wanted us to drop Bozak and have him in the top 9 last year. Now that we have Bolland, I don't know our plans for him are anymore.

Leafs For Life*

Add Nilsson..

Rielly-Colborne-Gauthier-Finn-Granberg..

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Tough one between Colborne, Gauthier and Percy. I think all 3 have similar value. I went with Colborne because he's NHL ready and has looked good this past season.

Finn isn't far behind Percy, mind you.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Gauthier over Colborne.

Gauthier is VERY good defensively. Colborne is very blah defensively. And while Gauthier still has years of key development time ahead of him to (hopefully) start improving his offensive potential, Colborne is a 23 year old that struggles with consistency at the AHL level.

I just don't see what role Colborne can fill on an NHL team unless he drastically changes his trajectory next year. He doesn't appear strong enough offensively to fill a role on a scoring line (on a good team), and he's not well rounded enough to handle other roles.

Personally, I'd even take Percy, Finn, Leivo, etc potential over Colborne at this point.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Gauthier over Colborne.

Gauthier is VERY good defensively. Colborne is very blah defensively. And while Gauthier still has years of key development time ahead of him to (hopefully) start improving his offensive potential, Colborne is a 23 year old that struggles with consistency at the AHL level.

I just don't see what role Colborne can fill on an NHL team unless he drastically changes his trajectory next year. He doesn't appear strong enough offensively to fill a role on a scoring line (on a good team), and he's not well rounded enough to handle other roles.

Personally, I'd even take Percy, Finn, Leivo, etc potential over Colborne at this point.

Struggles with consistency? The only problem he is inconsistent is when he plays with injures. Colborne was by far the best Marlies forward when he wasn't injured.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Big Fred.

I am tempted by Colborne cause if he ever does start to scratch some of his offensive potential then we have a player, But as of now I'll side with the new guy.

Last edited:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Not sure how colbourne can be considered a better prospect then Gauthier when he's coming into his what, third or fourth year of pro?

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Struggles with consistency? The only problem he is inconsistent is when he plays with injures. Colborne was by far the best Marlies forward when he wasn't injured.

I second that, and it's why i voted Colborne today. It wasn't an easy vote, but with regards to Gauthier, i am hesitant to throw the guy into #2 overall until i know more. I don't want to vote blind. I love what i know so far though. Some other names that i considered have not played a game above Junior yet and without Rielly's certainty, we really don't know.

Regarding Colborne, i have seen this guy play in well over 50 Marlies games the last two seasons and i agree with the above poster. When healthy he is dynamite. He's a real good player and is ready to step into the NHL next season. He's a 40 point #3C with soft hands and some physical play for CERTAIN. If he gets a little more confident with himself he could be 30+ goals scary. Confidence really, i think, is his question mark. Does he know how good he really is? Only time will tell.

For adding, i vote:
Spencer Abbott
(Because watching him all last year with the Marlies i think he has a chance to be a better hockey player than Matt Frattin. That's pretty good. Don't mind his 25 year age. He went to college.)

Leafs For Life*

Can't believe Gauthier over Colborne. When Joe isn't injured, he is a beast. Although, this fanbase loves their shiny new toys.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Can't believe Gauthier over Colborne. When Joe isn't injured, he is a beast. Although, this fanbase loves their shiny new toys.

I've just never been a big fan of Big Joe. I hope he can prove me wrong, but truthfully I just have never seen the high end potential there. I think he will make a fine 3 C, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad