OT: Leafs Board OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Same.

Snow was sort of magical when I was a kid, especially since it came around Christmas time, but just done with winter as a whole now.

Tired of the colds, slips and falls, snow and ice (especially as a pedestrian), and the terrible weather.

Exact opposite for me. I can't stand the summer. It's too ****ing hot. At least in the winter all you need to do is add more clothing to keep yourself warm. Theoretically, you could wear infinite amounts of clothes. However, there is a finite number of clothes you can take off in the heat until you're buck naked and it's still too damn hot. The beach is like hell for me. Too crowded and too damn hot.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Exact opposite for me. I can't stand the summer. It's too ****ing hot. At least in the winter all you need to do is add more clothing to keep yourself warm. Theoretically, you could wear infinite amounts of clothes. However, there is a finite number of clothes you can take off in the heat until you're buck naked and it's still too damn hot. The beach is like hell for me. Too crowded and too damn hot.

Today, it's hot and wet. That's alright if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good when you're in the jungle.
Robin Williams

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Same.

Snow was sort of magical when I was a kid, especially since it came around Christmas time, but just done with winter as a whole now.

Tired of the colds, slips and falls, snow and ice (especially as a pedestrian), and the terrible weather.

It gets so icy around here when it fluctuates in between plus and minus degrees.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
okay i can be patient for that :) i hope you can close quickly.

this is true. Like - i want our dollar to be stable. I know that people think that us having a "weak" dollar is great for our country because we're an exporting country. so people can buy our things easier.

but. for small businesses - it's a killer. we import a LOT. several friends i know had to close up shop. I was contemplating opening my own - but if the dollar doesn't improve i might now. a dollar 1.31 difference is aggravating. (comparative to the Euro, it's nice. Australia/NZ i good too)

What kind of business would you open?

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Ayo. You can only strip down so far in the summer. I'll gladly wear seven layers over a t-shirt that'll be drenched after half an hour any day.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
To all those complianing about the snow.

You have a Canadian flag out front of your house. If you had a Jamaician one, I get it. But the fact it snowed isn't really unexpected is it?

Shovel it. Hire someone to shovel it. Or drive over it until it rains again in April. Either or... shuddap :)

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

I don't love hot weather either, but I think I'll take it over freezing temperatures, which also brings other unpleasantness along with it.

On a side note, The Last of Us: Part 2 tho...:naughty:

New Spiderman film looks promising too.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
How come?

I retired from my trade a year ago and went to Bombardier. Got laid off after 8 months and was collecting my pension and EI. You can do that I found out. :yo: Anyways, Bombardier called me today to come back in January. I can use another year or so there, so I'll go back. It's a nice easy job, warm, close to home and ok money, so why not?

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Looking back at some of the top album lists for the year, it seems a lot of big name artists came out with material this year. Kendrick, Cole, Bowie, Beyonce, A Tribe Called Quest, Ye, etc. Lots of high quality stuff came out this year compared to 2015. Good year for music :) Reminds me of 2012 where a lot of quality material came out with Daft Punk, Arctic Monkeys, Frank Ocean, Kendrick, etc

Hopefully Arctic Monkeys come out with something next year. It's been too long.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton

Thats rough, tell you what i'll trade you eastern guys hot and humid summers for -30 before windchill winters that last over a week in Edmonton. You guys, at least the odd time you guys get close to that number it last for a weekend and then Gone.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Thats rough, tell you what i'll trade you eastern guys hot and humid summers for -30 before windchill winters that last over a week in Edmonton. You guys at least the odd time you guys get close to that number it last for a weekend and then Gone.

You get that in certain parts of Ontario as well lol.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thats rough, tell you what i'll trade you eastern guys hot and humid summers for -30 before windchill winters that last over a week in Edmonton. You guys at least the odd time you guys get close to that number it last for a weekend and then Gone.

Move 3 hours south and you can enjoy yourself some nice Chinooks from time to time ;)

The dampness in the air in Ontario actually makes the cold worse there than the dry weather here. Plus it's a lot sunnier.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
So Toronto passes the road toll on the Gardiner and DVP

Needs provincial approval.

I now look forward to every municipality looking to charge non residents for the use of roads already built with public funds.

Heading up to Wasaga Beach or the Cottage in Muskoka? $2 please each way to the City of Barrie as you pass through.

Barrie will also appreciate your donation as you make your way up to Blue Mountain, Horseshoe Valley or Mt St Louis in the winter. Collingwood, Oro and Moonstone might want in on that action too.

Going up the 115 to the Kawarthas? $2 as you hit the Peterborough City limits.

Heading to the USA for the weekend? The Niagara region thanks you for your donation to keeping their roads in great shape.

And of course the Province thanks you for forgetting you pay a ridiculous amount of gas tax already with the purpose of maintaining the Province's roads.

Well done Toronto. You are the first domino.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
So Toronto passes the road toll on the Gardiner and DVP

Needs provincial approval.

I now look forward to every municipality looking to charge non residents for the use of roads already built with public funds.

Heading up to Wasaga Beach or the Cottage in Muskoka? $2 please each way to the City of Barrie as you pass through.

Barrie will also appreciate your donation as you make your way up to Blue Mountain, Horseshoe Valley or Mt St Louis in the winter. Collingwood, Oro and Moonstone might want in on that action too.

Going up the 115 to the Kawarthas? $2 as you hit the Peterborough City limits.

Heading to the USA for the weekend? The Niagara region thanks you for your donation to keeping their roads in great shape.

And of course the Province thanks you for forgetting you pay a ridiculous amount of gas tax already with the purpose of maintaining the Province's roads.

Well done Toronto. You are the first domino.
It's a few coffees a week, no biggie. Ontario needs new highways, don't they?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

If only the user fee mentality stopped at a few coffees.

Big picture, you don't pay enough in taxes already? Wouldn't it be better to use the funds they already have more efficiently?

Ironic to me that as you pay your $2 to drive on the Gardiner you will pass by beautiful BMO Field. Originally built with over $67m in public funds, with MLSE gifted another $20M in corporate welfare to help put a partial roof on it.

$87m probably helps fill a pothole or two doesn't it?

Not to mention that as you get further down the Gardiner, you reach the $300m gift in tax payer funds that is now the Rogers Center.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

Most of the toll roads I have driven on have been in Florida. It's really annoying stopping all the time to pay the stupid things. But I was a little less upset when I would pay next to no tax on anything down there.
I pay an ass ton in tax here, they should be able to maintain the roads without tolls.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
Most of the toll roads I have driven on have been in Florida. It's really annoying stopping all the time to pay the stupid things. But I was a little less upset when I would pay next to no tax on anything down there.
I pay an ass ton in tax here, they should be able to maintain the roads without tolls.

I think if there were other/better alternatives than driving (specifically with the gardiner/DVP), the tolls would be a lot more justifiable. The subway system should be able to reach all parts of the city (further north and east, especially.) this in itself would help with congestion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad