Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Habs. ROR first point - Woll first win this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Someone should strap Engvall to a chair and give him the Clockwork Orange treatment showing him video of that shift where he scored on a loop til it becomes muscle memory to perform it regularly. Doesn't have to destroy people with hits, but just needs to be bigger, faster and stronger then his opponents and he will take the puck.

He could unlock Tage Thompson light if he could find the consistency that Willie has found this year.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Yeah I don't think the ROR-Tavares fit is there .. but it's at least worth a try and see if they can develop some chemistry. If the Leafs' need to stack the lines late in a game they need to know where ROR fits best.

ROR might be better beside Matthews/Nylander because they at least have the speed... And drop Bunting with JT/Marner
To me this is the obvious play. But it’s Keefe so expect him to force it with Tavares.

Reactions: Macallan18

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Plan the parade baby!! Wooo
This is what a real parade from Leafs nation would look like

1676798624273.gif

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
Easy win.

If the team wasn't fully pumped and ready to play after a trade like that, not good.

I'm not convinced about the lines right now, I think a 3rd line with ROR centering would be better but let's see over the next couple games.
I see it more as building chemistry right now with the big 4, in case we need an offensive push. ROR will more than likely start centering the 3rd line

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
The first time in a number of years that our 3rd and 4th lines were quite dominant.
I know it is the Habs, but can you imagine if Knies can come in and do well as a big 4th or even 3rd line force how much that would work. Jarnkrok or Kerfoot out, Knies in.
Wow.
Now and extra D and goalie and baby I can imagine a parade.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I see it more as building chemistry right now with the big 4, in case we need an offensive push. ROR will more than likely start centering the 3rd line
Nothing says "welcome to the team" like playing your first game centering one of the best passers in the league!

Reactions: willmma

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Legitimate good team now. It will be fun once they develop some chemistry and figure out which lines to use to maximize everyone. Great to see Woll shine as well. Kids got a future.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Legitimate good team now. It will be fun once they develop some chemistry and figure out which lines to use to maximize everyone. Great to see Woll shine as well. Kids got a future.
Still would like to add a d

Last night second period the Leafs gave up 3, 2 on 1s

Luckily it was the lousy Habs. They couldn't bury any
First period i don't know what Holl was doing and let one of the Habs just get a semi breakaway

If those are kuch and Stamkos, they would have made us pay

Want to see that get that cleaned up

Reactions: ShaneFalco

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Matthews Tavares O Reilly Nylander....good luck getting through these 4 in the playoffs. These other teams are a bunch of peasants compared to us now

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i for one believe they need to change that PP, i know its good in the regular season but that graphic about having not scored in a game 7 in like 6 attempts is super telling.

we need 2 real units with some different elements, it sounds crazy but theres too much "skill" on the top line atm, nobody does the dirty work. JT needs to park his ass in front of the net and stop playing behind the net.

we should try

pp1:
ROR/matthews/marner/lily/rielly

pp2:
JT/willy/bunting/sandin/timmins?

that gives each unit a shot from the point, a net front guy and skill on the wings.

thats just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad