Leafs at the World Championships

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Don't love how we got that PP. Love that Marner got an assist on a nice shot. And Nylander is looking great.

Can't wait to see who steps up to win this game.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Willy winning every faceoff
Just saying...Lou, if you have a good deal for Bozak feel free to take it. Willy be ready!

Not surprising though. I could swear the Leafs did the same thing in having either Matthews or Nylander in the playoffs taking the faceoff depending on whether it was on their strong side or not.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
pretty swedish diva willy gets hit in the face, no embellishment.

unlike the gritty canadian who didn't even get touched.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
They play Nylander right in the thick of it. Not sure why, but good for Canada.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Not to jump on the coach bashing for the swedes, but they would have the game won if they fixed their PP.

Nylander in the middle (bumper) and with two D-men is puzzling.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Not to jump on the coach bashing for the swedes, but they would have the game won if they fixed their PP.

Nylander in the middle (bumper) and with two D-men is puzzling.

Its flat out stupid as I said above but good for Canada.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I think the ridiculous advantage Canada has over the rest of the world in terms of depth and elite talent is more significant than diving in terms of Canada's success.

Yeah, I was not implying anything else. Just that Canadian players always do what it takes to win, if that means taking a dive, roughing some one up or simply playing a role they dont really see fitting for them, they just do it and do it well.
And of course it helps being able to field not one or two world class teams but probably even 3 or 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad