Leafs at the World Championships

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not bad thinking by the Swedish coach. Seems to be letting Nylander and Backstrom take faceoffs on their strong sides (at least I think that's what they are doing). Both seem to be doing a good job so a nice way to start off with possession.

Hopefully Nylander can keep up the strong play and help Sweden get the win. Want that Nylander vs Marner matchup.

Edit: That goal will help. He is on fire :D.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The only thing that I'd complain about is parking Nylander in the middle on the PP. They are finding a way to make it work but...he just seems far more effective along the boards.

But who knows maybe having him jump out of the way of shots is a genius move :laugh:.
This is exactly what we hope Nylander and Kappy can develop together.
Would not complain in the slightest :).

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I dont think he is that much better (if any) then Hyman.

We can do a lot better if we look to upgrade.

I'm not sure about that and I'm not even a big downer on Hyman. But I don't like him playing his off wing.

Perhaps Grundstrom could play there eventually, but I don't think he's quite ready.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I'm not sure about that and I'm not even a big downer on Hyman. But I don't like him playing his off wing.

Perhaps Grundstrom could play there eventually, but I don't think he's quite ready.

Yeah, Grundstrom should do nicely there. But when he (if he gets there) is NHL ready I do think Nylander is centering his own line by then.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Mitch Marner vs William Nylander!

One Leaf is guaranteed to come home with a Gold. :yo:

and they go home and be like Hey, Matthews, too bad you didn't come you coulda gotten a bronze teeheee.

that's great that they will come home w/hardware.

Hat Trick Mitch Hat Trick Will, Canada wins gold, win win win.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Looking like Willy vs. Mitch for gold.

Will be awesome. On the other hand, one of them will be sad tomorrow and got to see the other teams huge celebration, just like after our PO exit. Anyway, the other will be a world champion so I cant really complain. :laugh: What an amazing season for these kids.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Should be fun times. I mean sucks one of them has to lose, but at least both are going to have pretty successful tournaments.

Not an easy matchup. Canada is terrifying on the PP and has a lot of options. But can't underestimate the combo of Backstrom and Nylander for Sweden. They can open that game up.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Knowing how Canada usually play they will focus pretty heavily on Nylander and Backstrom and try to rattle them. A big test for Nylander especially. I guess Backstrom is a bit more used to it.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Wow Marner v Nylander. We can't lose! Crazy how well they've both played too. You couldn't have asked for a better outcome and better performance for those two.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Its not effing fair that you get three studs at practically the same time. The NHL should come up with a rule against that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad