GDT: Leafs at Kings 10:30 p.m. Sportsnet Ontario

boyblair

Jan 20, 2013
Glasgow Scotland
After Polaks hit the night before against the Ducks he was always going to get 5 for that.
Ironically his hit against the Ducks was worse. In line for a few games suspension

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm not cheering for injuries or anything of that nature. But something needs to be done about this growing notion that an NHL player can go from being in a position where he knows a hit is imminent then make a sharp turn into a dangerous body position and somehow escape at least some share of the blame for the result. Maybe it's time to visit the idea that the hitter can grab and support the player into the boards when there is contact on the numbers.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
If we can guarantee Matthews coming to the Leafs in exchange for Komarov, I STILL WOULDNT DO IT. He's unproven and untested in the NHL.

7f15d8eff5246f52b429f1f9fa74-confused-jackie-chan.jpg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
After Polaks hit the night before against the Ducks he was always going to get 5 for that.
Ironically his hit against the Ducks was worse. In line for a few games suspension

Agreed the hit in the Duck game was worse.

Are you suggesting the refs watched the previous game and made that call based on the prior nights?

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015

DD is a sore loser and a dirty bum. He deserved multiple penalties in the 2 games and got measly 1.

Roman Polak could have easily hospitalized that guy and possibly killed him if he had not let up as he did. He should have gotten a 2min major and that's all.

Luke Schenn should have gotten a major for driving Hollands? head into the boards. They only difference between his and Polak's hit was the speed and our player didn't pretend to be injured. :rant:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Damien Cox 
@DamoSpin I'm not of the guy-has-to-keep-his-head-up school. But turning into the boards with big D just about to hit you is dumb. And irresponsible.

I agree with Cox on this one!

boyblair

Jan 20, 2013
Glasgow Scotland
Agreed the hit in the Duck game was worse.

Are you suggesting the refs watched the previous game and made that call based on the prior nights?

Yes. It probably took a couple secs to see polaks number then he thought 'guy got away with that last night, not on my watch'

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
DD is a sore loser and a dirty bum. He deserved multiple penalties in the 2 games and got measly 1.

Roman Polak could have easily hospitalized that guy and possibly killed him if he had not let up as he did. He should have gotten a 2min major and that's all.

Luke Schenn should have gotten a major for driving Hollands? head into the boards. They only difference between his and Polak's hit was the speed and our player didn't pretend to be injured. :rant:

Shades of Bertuzzi on Moore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad