GDT: Leafs at Kings 10:30 p.m. Sportsnet Ontario

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Maple Leafs at Kings: Thursday game preview

Leafs goalie James Reimer says he is ready to return again.

By: Dave Feschuk Sports Columnist, Published on Wed Jan 06 2016

Leafs at Kings

Staples Center, Los Angeles

Puck drop: 10:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet Ontario

Radio: TSN 1050

Key matchup: Drew Doughty vs. Nazem Kadri. Doughty currently sits third in the league in time on ice per game, logging nearly 28 minutes a night. Kadri, meanwhile, was averaging a career-high 18 minutes-plus heading into Wednesday’s game in Anaheim.

Need to know: Vincent Lecavalier, acquired from Philadelphia on Wednesday is reportedly committed to being a role player in one last run for a Cup. And the Kings, after following up their 2014 Stanley Cup win by missing the playoffs last season, look very much like a title threat again . . . While Leafs coach Mike Babcock told the media that he was unsure about the identity of Thursday’s starter — telling the media it would be either James Reimer or Antoine Bibeau — Reimer said he is ready for action after a long struggle with a groin injury.

Up next: Saturday at San Jose, 7 p.m.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If they can somehow get a single point tonight, I'll be impressed to say the least.

mikebel111*

I expect a loss because of many factors, but this team continues to amaze me so we could won

Go Leafs Go

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
it will be a tough game. trades often spark a team, and it's not like the Kings really need a spark.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
in tough against a real good team tonight. Even if we don't win, if they put out the same kind of effort as last night I'll be happy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
:laugh: Daisy is going to be grumpy.

She's a late one though.

:laugh: you know me well.

man i am tired already and moving so slowly.
but i'm watching. i'll always watch.

see. THIS is why i miss living in MST. this is like normal time for you.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Leafs are 22nd in points percentage.

A win tonight could move them into 17th (and ahead of the 8th playoff team in the west).

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Shenn makes his Kings debut against the team that drafted him...

This will no doubt be much closer than a 5-0 affair at the ACC.

Leafs will be in tough to pull out this win, but I still BeLeaf.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Well... They amazed me so much last night in the 2nd & 3rd periods.., that I actually had a hard time going right to sleep after the game...., Daisy..

If they do this again, tonight..., my sleeping mode is going to be all out of whack, but my Leafs Spirit will be smiling.. :laugh:

Thanks for those involved with yesterday's GDT.. and Budsfan, for today... Marlies play the Moose tomorrow, so I'm curious as o who will be back in their roster..?

I think we should go a 20 game win streak and scare everybody... :D

Rolling Over Kings: Leafs vs Kings Match-Up/Montage - TML 2011-14

GO LEAFS GO !!

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
I'm sure they'll win again. This team has become too good. Nothing suprises me anymore, we can beat any team.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
I fell asleep at the start of the 2nd last night and woke up at 4am with the game long over.

So I don't know what to expect tonight. But I'm gonna try.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm sure they'll win again. This team has become too good. Nothing suprises me anymore, we can beat any team.

This team is Rocky going through California.
Apollo Creed,Clubber Lang,Ivan Drago...doesn't matter.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

The lone saving grace of this back to back is that they're in the same general area. The Kings are playing much better, than the Ducks.

I expect this game to be back in Sutter's wheel house 1-0, 2-1, I don't know who for though. JR also has to get his game timing back. As usual, having to weather the 1st 10 minute barrage, where we feel out the game.

A loss is more expected, but this team can surprise, over and over.

Hope they stayed in Norwalk or LaMireda

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
This team is Rocky going through California.
Apollo Creed,Clubber Lang,Ivan Drago...doesn't matter.

:laugh: Did you watch the game or the Rocky series, last night..?

But, kudos to Polak for the toughest game I have seen him play this season...

...Forget the name of the posters that liked the Halford tracks, but here's another one for you.. :)

Ridin' On The Wind: Roman Polak 2014-15 Highlights - TML

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad