Leafs at Jackets

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
This is what this team is unfortunately. There's no consistent finishing and the PP sucks. They have improved, they can actually keep the puck in the zone now. They still have absolutely no real plays inside the PP, its spread em out and rip shots. That's not what good PPs do, go watch a top team in the league, they have set plays and they move the puck way quicker.

That said, I'm not upset with how Vincent has them playing. They play hard, they're defense is f***ing horrible and Tarasov is shaky. They weren't winning this game but if they can compete I'm fine with it. This season is already over.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
This is what this team is unfortunately. There's no consistent finishing and the PP sucks. They have improved, they can actually keep the puck in the zone now. They still have absolutely no real plays inside the PP, its spread em out and rip shots. That's not what good PPs do, go watch a top team in the league, they have set plays and they move the puck way quicker.

That said, I'm not upset with how Vincent has them playing. They play hard, they're defense is f***ing horrible and Tarasov is shaky. They weren't winning this game but if they can compete I'm fine with it. This season is already over.
I want them to play hard for the remainder of the season
To play their youth and to see the young guns improve
and to grow as a team
What does that look like? I’ll know it when I see it because it will make me proud of the team
right now this franchise is an absolute joke

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
They seem to be auditioning a new addition to the arena-hosting duties. Fingers crossed, anyway. Malik was a refreshing change from MTodd. Upbeat, young, and well, better. I’d like to see him take more of the mic from Mike.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I want them to play hard for the remainder of the season
To play their youth and to see the young guns improve
and to grow as a team
What does that look like? I’ll know it when I see it because it will make me proud of the team
right now this franchise is an absolute joke
Its not fun to be a fan of this team most nights but that's the young inconsistency. The franchise is a joke though.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
thought we played fine, expected stats all in our favor.

we don't have an auston matthews and he was the difference.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
Including tonight, I've been to three games in December. Leo hasn't sung the anthem at any of them. Is he still our guy? Why are we doing all this other stuff? The bells thing tonight was embarrassing. I'm sure they are nice people who work hard at their craft, but the anthem is meant to be sung.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Including tonight, I've been to three games in December. Leo hasn't sung the anthem at any of them. Is he still our guy? Why are we doing all this other stuff? The bells thing tonight was embarrassing. I'm sure they are nice people who work hard at their craft, but the anthem is meant to be sung.
Agreed on the bells, wasn't a fan of that at all tonight. Not even remotely sounding close to either anthem -- thankfully the fans helped them out by singing the anthems.

I wish they played Kent more
KJ fan, but he struggled with the puck a lot tonight.. I'm fine with the minutes he got in this game. He'll bounce back.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
Agreed on the bells, wasn't a fan of that at all tonight. Not even remotely sounding close to either anthem -- thankfully the fans helped them out by singing the anthems.
Bring the bells people in to do a Christmas song, don't bring them in for both anthems. Where's Leo?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He does have singing gigs outside of the CBJ. Christmas time is busy for choirs.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I don't know why Tarasov isn't in Cleveland getting back in shape and let Elvis, Martin or Greaves play. Bemstrom to my eye is the least skilled player on our team and just about any other team as well. You can't miss a wide open net by two feet from eight feet away. I counted at least two prime scoring chances but he flubbed the pass.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
He does have singing gigs outside of the CBJ. Christmas time is busy for choirs.
Prior to this month, I can count on one hand the # of times I've seen someone other than Leo handle the anthem duties since he got the gig full time.

Has anyone else seen him sing the anthem this month?

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Good to hear Kuraly isn't in any serious danger. Curious to see if it turns out to be a legit injury, though. Everyone saying "He's OK" were saying it in the context of what looked like it could have been life-threatening peril. That doesn't mean he might not have a big hockey-related problem.

I wasn't stunned to hear it was an abdominal injury. When he went down close to the boards, it looked like he did the splits. And when he skated off, crouched over, it was hard to tell what he was favoring. It kind of looked like it could have been a shoulder, because it looked like he did briefly reach for it during the incident. Then it looked like he might have been holding his hand. Then it looked like maybe he was holding his stomach. Torn groin muscle, perhaps?

I am a bit confused as to what turned that from "hockey injury" to HOLY SHIT, GET THE MEDICS!!

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Good to hear Kuraly isn't in any serious danger. Curious to see if it turns out to be a legit injury, though. Everyone saying "He's OK" were saying it in the context of what looked like it could have been life-threatening peril. That doesn't mean he might not have a big hockey-related problem.

I wasn't stunned to hear it was an abdominal injury. When he went down close to the boards, it looked like he did the splits. And when he skated off, crouched over, it was hard to tell what he was favoring. It kind of looked like it could have been a shoulder, because it looked like he did briefly reach for it during the incident. Then it looked like he might have been holding his hand. Then it looked like maybe he was holding his stomach. Torn groin muscle, perhaps?

I am a bit confused as to what turned that from "hockey injury" to HOLY SHIT, GET THE MEDICS!!
Collapsed is too strong of a word but he dropped as he was walking down the tunnel. After being hit in head and chest, that stumble was enough to have team call for the medics, in a better safe than sorry situation.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Kuraly ended up up at Grant which I found interesting. I guess I had assumed serious injuries would go to OSU because it is easy to get to on 315 and Grant is on the other side of downtown. Grant is a Level 1 Trauma Center. Grant is part of Ohio Health and the CBJ have a relationship with Ohio Health. I have been told if you get shot in Columbus, the best hospital is Grant.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't know why Tarasov isn't in Cleveland getting back in shape and let Elvis, Martin or Greaves play. Bemstrom to my eye is the least skilled player on our team and just about any other team as well. You can't miss a wide open net by two feet from eight feet away. I counted at least two prime scoring chances but he flubbed the pass.
He already did a conditioning stint there and I'm not sure if he can do another one just like that.
Otherwise he's waiver eligible and there's a pretty good chance he'd get claimed. If a Merzlikins deal was to happen, organizational goalie depth would be tested with Tarasov gone as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00