GDT: Leafs at Flames: 7pm MT on SNW

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Gotta watch out for Matxhuos.

It's weird. I seem to remember Matthews being pretty much a non-factor in both games against the Leafs last year. Hopefully that trend continues.

I thought Matxhuos was a Chicago thing?

f*** that kid is so good though

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
So I just noticed that Sean Monahan is 3 points over PPG. Something we don't really talk about on this board. And he's got a pretty even G/A split this year. You know like wadda guy.

Monahan is playing like a 1C and then some. I'm over the moon about him this year.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
lol love the defense of the Lazar trade on Calgarypuck.

"He's still better than your average 2nd round pick".

What would you rather do? Throw 5 bucks in the garbage or spend it on a lottery ticket? Cause Treliving threw it in the garbage on a player who had one point the season he traded for him.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Good luck flames. I wish the leafs played flames more often. I absolutely love Canadian match ups

Jhonny hockey is one of my fav player in the league, be gentle on our d

I have a feeling Bennett has a break out game. Silly Ontario boys

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It may be how you word it?
You’re always going to get called out and put into a more bash worthy light the more aggressive your take is.

I.E
‘I think Ferland needs to be more consistent, I think it’s what makes him a bottom 6 forward rather than a top 6 at this time; but I do hope he ends up a good top 6 option for Calgary’

Will get a lot less heat than:

‘The most overrated Flame on this team. The guy’s a no show, no one caught him in the AHL unlike me, the guy was invisible a tonne! It’s so irritating that people think he’s so good when he’s really not.’

I’m not saying you do that, I mean, I think we both know we’ve approached subjects like that in the past. Hot takes get heat; you’re a wrestling fan: when you get on the mic, insult others’ opinions, and come out arrogant, they’re going to boo you. Then the equivalent of a ‘you tapped out’ chant will continue to haunt you.
Anytime I call someone overrated it is based on how fans treat them and nothing to do with their ability. The hype around Ferland after the Canucks series for example, was beyond ridiculous. Or the way a vocal minority are claiming Kulak is better than Stone and Hamonic. Or how some have been saying Bennett is better than Monahan. 99% of the time, my hash sdtatements are based on how fans react in here.

I defend players that I don't feel get a fair shake.
I try to temper expectations of those that get propped up too high.

None of it has anything to do with who I do or don't like as a player.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
lol love the defense of the Lazar trade on Calgarypuck.

"He's still better than your average 2nd round pick".

What would you rather do? Throw 5 bucks in the garbage or spend it on a lottery ticket? Cause Treliving threw it in the garbage on a player who had one point the season he traded for him.

How about buy something worth five bucks like we did with Lazar.

Lazar has been just fine this year.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
2 points in 16 games for a 2nd rounder?

Not fine.

A 4th or a 5th sure but you take a 2nd round mystery box over Lazar any day.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
2 points in 16 games for a 2nd rounder?

Not fine.

A 4th or a 5th sure but you take a 2nd round mystery box over Lazar any day.

The biggest part of your post is 16 games, pretty small sample size to look only at stats and not his play overall which has been very good so far this year.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Get it in on this Toronto blue line. They are not very good.

Gonna be a scrappy one I think, need 4 lines engaged.

Stajan & Lazar in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad