Reilly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Polak

Andersen​

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Volica In response to your post in the other GDT:

I get that most of the team was poor in the postseason, but that doesn't change the fact that it was really just 8 good games that had people calling him a top liner. His current stretch has impressed me, he has also looked the best defensively I have seen in his career. This is what I have been asking for, something resembling consistency and good stretches longer than 5-6 games. All I'm asking for is a season where he's not having multiple 10+ game stretches where he isn't really a factor in any sense, I don't think that is asking too much before adorning him as a top-six player. I'd also be more likely to do it if he was better at using his linemates, but Ferland is more or less a straight finisher right now.

Overall, I am just tired of certain people (not you) making constant claims that I hate players just because I don't share their inflated views. The only Flames player I hate is Versteeg and since the day he was acquired when I shared my piece, I have said very little about him because I don't like insulting Flames players. Hell, I don't even dislike any other player in the organization. Maybe eventually those posters will learn that lesser expectations =/= dislike.

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
@Volica - Ferland wasn't a no-show in the playoffs. He shot 0% while having a ton of glorious chances. Ferland was arguably our most dangerous player at 5v5. The numbers didn't reflect that because sample size is a thing. And he didn't play on the power play, so he wasn't expected to produce like people who scored 100% of their points on the Power Play (Sean Monahan)

Let me re-word that - the "obvious" numbers (goals/assists/points).

Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Their offence is consistently good. Our defense likes to play Jekyll and Hyde. Can't help but feel we lose this one 5-3

Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
@Volica
Overall, I am just tired of certain people (not you) making constant claims that I hate players just because I don't share their inflated views. The only Flames player I hate is Versteeg and since the day he was acquired when I shared my piece, I have said very little about him because I don't like insulting Flames players. Hell, I don't even dislike any other player in the organization. Maybe eventually those posters will learn that lesser expectations =/= dislike.

It may be how you word it?
You’re always going to get called out and put into a more bash worthy light the more aggressive your take is.

I.E
‘I think Ferland needs to be more consistent, I think it’s what makes him a bottom 6 forward rather than a top 6 at this time; but I do hope he ends up a good top 6 option for Calgary’

Will get a lot less heat than:

‘The most overrated Flame on this team. The guy’s a no show, no one caught him in the AHL unlike me, the guy was invisible a tonne! It’s so irritating that people think he’s so good when he’s really not.’

I’m not saying you do that, I mean, I think we both know we’ve approached subjects like that in the past. Hot takes get heat; you’re a wrestling fan: when you get on the mic, insult others’ opinions, and come out arrogant, they’re going to boo you. Then the equivalent of a ‘you tapped out’ chant will continue to haunt you.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
The Flames are almost as good as the Leafs are so far this season. Just 2 wins behind.

I'll be working tonight so as usual I will have to PVR this game and watch it later.

It will be entertaining either way. Always fun when they play against the Leafs.

Go Flames Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad