Proposal: LEAFS and KINGS

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I don't see the kings interested in Rodion Amirov Nothing against him but we have several forward prospects The kings would rather have a defenseman. The kings have had bad luck with Russian prospects and I again don't see us trading for another

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
nothing agaisnt Iafallo but jeez do people overvalue him. pretty much 2 1sts for him as a rental?

1) was just dropping off goalies
2) was a conditional 1st. If the condition is met the pick would be 29-32 overall. So a pre-vegas high second is just as likely
3) I think LA keeps him anyway and that they do not want to deal him. So would take an overpay which I think that is.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
this is absolute crazypants. No way I want anything to do with Quick.

it definitely does not make sense. Not sure what the 4th period guys were smoking when they put it out there, but now everything is all a buzz and everyone is acting like they were personally insulted. .

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
1) was just dropping off goalies
2) was a conditional 1st. If the condition is met the pick would be 29-32 overall. So a pre-vegas high second is just as likely
3) I think LA keeps him anyway and that they do not want to deal him. So would take an overpay which I think that is.
as a rental, a 1st alone should be enough. teams trading 1sts for rentals is going to be rare. Hall was the only one to fetch one last year.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Iafallo isn't return a 15th overall pick + a conditional 2nd that can turn into a 1st. He's a solid piece but he's not someone that returns that. You'd be looking at a 2nd + a C/B prospect.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Even if you want to be charitable and say Andersen and Quick have similar value, Iafallo is pretty far away from being worth Amirov and a first

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
The trade is not good for the Leafs but the disrespect for Quick on here is upsetting. If he spent his career on the Leafs he would be considered a legend and one of the best ever. Instead hes not even as good as perennial choke artist Freddie.
Quick can steal a playoff round even at his current age. Hes a competitor and has proven it many times.

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia
The trade is not good for the Leafs but the disrespect for Quick on here is upsetting. If he spent his career on the Leafs he would be considered a legend and one of the best ever. Instead hes not even as good as perennial choke artist Freddie.
Quick can steal a playoff round even at his current age. Hes a competitor and has proven it many times.

I was coming in to say the same thing. I can understand the cap reasons but he makes the Leafs better today and increases their SC chances.

Reactions: Schmooley

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
The whole Quick to Toronto thing was just a silly notion that unfortunately found it's way here. It doesn't take a lot of scrutiny to reach the obvious conclusion that it is seriously flawed.
Essentially some people just like starting threads regardless of the level or even existence of reason.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
lets be reality Niemela+2nd for Iafallo@50% and we keep Anderson
I would rather just keep Iafallo. He is young cheap , he loves LA and has a fantastic smile

upload_2021-3-23_15-54-27.jpeg

Reactions: Guitpik

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
The Kings are not trading Quick to the Leafs. There is no real reason for them to make that move. If they do, it would have to be for an over payment and I really don't see the Leafs doing that. Blake and McClellan like Quick and what he still brings to the club. So, let this rest.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
No thank you from Toronto. I would much rather see what goalies and players are available in the off season instead of basically burning 2 firsts for this.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
The whole Quick to Toronto thing was just a silly notion that unfortunately found it's way here. It doesn't take a lot of scrutiny to reach the obvious conclusion that it is seriously flawed.
Essentially some people just like starting threads regardless of the level or even existence of reason.
Thanks for the random string of words.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
What an awful offer. Andersen is better than Quick and Iafallo is worth a 2nd and a mid prospect at most not a 1st and Amirov even with retained salary
Andersen is better at what?? Is Andersen going to give the leafs a better shot at a cup this year than quick?? That answer is NO.... will Andersen be better in 4 years ? Yes... it has more to do with current situations and needs and right now the leafs obviously do t feel like Andersen is the answer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00