Pre-Game Talk: Leafs and Devils. 2nd Last Game of the Longest Season in Life (and I thought it was Today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
lol I legitimately thought the game was today and was gonna set up a GDT and everything but nopers. not today, tis tomorrow. We'll be in New Jersey before the very last game vs. Montreal

the end is finally in sight. (has this season seemed super duper long to everyone else? last year didn't feel like it was the season that never ended)

Reactions: Mugzy97

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
lol I legitimately thought the game was today and was gonna set up a GDT and everything but nopers. not today, tis tomorrow. We'll be in New Jersey before the very last game vs. Montreal

the end is finally in sight. (has this season seemed super duper long to everyone else? last year didn't feel like it was the season that never ended)
Actually feels like it went by fairly quickly. It's different being anxious for the playoffs when there was about 15 games remaining in the season though, so maybe that's why it feels like it'll never end.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Yes, it's been a long season compared to last. They haven't left it until the last game or 2 to make the playoffs, so it's been less stress, seems we clinched in February. There was always the chance for the 18 wheeler off the cliff and Florida to overtake us, but this is not THAT team, we survived injuries to Matthews and Andersen and just kept rolling. Enjoy it though, because it's a record setting season (just need a loser point) for a historic franchise. This is how good teams feel.

Reactions: Mugzy97

Yntoe

Mar 28, 2018
Like th
Yes, it's been a long season compared to last. They haven't left it until the last game or 2 to make the playoffs, so it's been less stress, seems we clinched in February. There was always the chance for the 18 wheeler off the cliff and Florida to overtake us, but this is not THAT team, we survived injuries to Matthews and Andersen and just kept rolling. Enjoy it though, because it's a record setting season (just need a loser point) for a historic franchise. This is how good teams feel.
like this,
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/imgur.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/d.png

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
So if they win tomorrow, why not rest everyone on Saturday? A win means Andersen got the wins record, and the leafs create a new team record for wins. Game is meaningless in all sense of the world on Saturday except for potential injuries.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
lol I legitimately thought the game was today and was gonna set up a GDT and everything but nopers. not today, tis tomorrow.

Ha ha, how disappointing!

I guess the biggest news will be who gets to "rest" tomorrow night.

We know Frederik is playing, and I suspect Leo will be too. He needs to get up to speed. I would like to see Dermott on Saturday... no chance Marleau sits... so it'll be the 4th line shuffle more than likely.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
feels like 12 months, having a good team is boring :sarcasm:

Also tmrw is our last game to play against a quality team before playoffs, they should play the full playoff lineup no resting imo

Reactions: NiftyMits

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Devils still have to get that x so they have something to play for. Hate these last 2 games, just want to stay healthy and get them over with. At least it will feel a little like playoff intensity.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I would say the longest season was the year we got Marner. It was very painful because there was still some hope for the team early (they were even in a playoff spot early) and then things got worse, and worse and worse.

The year we got Matthews wasn't so bad because expectations were very low, and it was fun to see the young players at the end of the year.

I could see how people would be tired of waiting for the playoffs to start, but you never know how long they will last and it's been enjoyable for me to turn on the game every night with the feeling that they are probably going to win.

As for the game, I think we will probably see Leivo draw in - if I'm not mistaken that means the entire roster would have played at least one recent game - nice little advantage of locking it up early - and then they will dress their playoff roster on Saturday night (injuries notwithstanding).

Reactions: justafan22

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'm so used to having a game every other day that I thought there was a game too.

Devils are going to be trying really hard this game

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I do think it has been a bit long waiting since we effectively locked into 3rd in the division. And yet not a bad thing at all. The longest seasons were the most hopeless ones. Though in part because there wasn't any point to any of the games :laugh:. At least our great players are still fun to watch even if we aren't really playing for anything.

If nothing else it will be a good game to try and shut down a crazy hot talent in Hall. Going to face some elite players in the playoffs and need to continue practicing on limiting their opportunities.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Devils play us and then Washington for their last two games.

If they pick up 0 or 1 points in those two games, it gives Florida a chance to win their remaining 3 games and make it in. The flyers play Carolina and the Rangers which is much easier. Gonna be tough for Florida with 2 games against Boston.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
we have to take this game seriously. As Babcock said, we need to play meaningful hockey now because Tampa and Boston both are. We don't want them to be more ready for playoff hockey than we are

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
we have to take this game seriously. As Babcock said, we need to play meaningful hockey now because Tampa and Boston both are. We don't want them to be more ready for playoff hockey than we are

great thing is we have a bunch of individual achievements guys will want badly to get.
Nylander 1 goal from 20 and 1 point from 60,
Marner 1 point from 70.
Matthews actually I thought he needed a point for 60 guess he already got it, well 1 goal to have 34 for the season he loves a 34.
JVR 4 goals in 2 games for 40 its possible.
Andy needs one more win for leafs record? or did he get that already.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

I think because the Leafs have been in their spot for so long it's made it feel longer... no real chance to catch the other two teams and no one close behind means #3 in the division has been where we've sat for quite some time.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If they win tomorrow, Saturday should be treated like a preseason game honestly. Rest Matthews/Nylander/marner/kadri etc. Give Johnsson and Leivo more ice time. Call up borgman etc. If andersen gets the record tomorrow he shouldn't play on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad