Leafs All-Time Team Vote: First Line Left Wing

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
With the Leafs Centennial Season coming up, I think it'd be interesting to see who Leafs fans would vote for when creating an All-Time team. After 100 years and 1000's of players, many greats have donned the blue and white and represented the city of Toronto. Who makes the cut and who doesn't when it comes to creating a team of the greatest Leafs ever?

Rules:

1. Players must have played a minimum of three seasons for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

2. Players must be voted on for their respective positions, so the polls will only feature players in their natural positions (defensemen exempt, fretting over left D vs right D is a bit much).

3. Consider what these players did in their time as Leafs. The rest of their career doesn't matter.

Current options for Leafs All-Time #1 LW:

Wendel Clark

Dick Duff

Busher Jackson

Frank Mahovlich

Bert Olmstead

Bob Pulford

Sweeney Schriner

Harry Watson

(If you have any player suggestions, just let me know in a post).

Current All-Time Roster:

(#1LW)-Sundin-Conacher
(#2LW)-(#2C)-(#2RW)
(#3LW)-(#3C)-(#3RW)
(#4LW)-(#4C)-(#4RW)

Salming-(#2D)
(#3D)-(#4D)
(#5D)-(#6D)

Bower
(#2G)

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Tough call between multiple all star team wingers Jackson and Mahovlich. But Mahovlich was excellent for a longer period and won more Cups. Mahovlich it is.

Wendel was great fun to watch as a player, however.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
My favourite player for all time will always be Wendel Clark but I voted for the Big M.

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
Clark is the greatest Leaf of all time for me.
Don't remember Frank as I was too young.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Frank then Wendel.

Always personal with me - Frank signed my '74 Canada vs. Russia Series book outside the A&P grocery store here in St. Catharines that summer.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
This one is probably closer than some of the other positions. Mahovlich should probably win, but Busher Jackson was one hell of a Leaf.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Frank Mahovlich with Vincent Damphousse (Not his fault he was traded for Craig Berube) a close 2nd.

AngryScotsman

Feb 17, 2013
Northern Ontario
Never seen Frank play, but should he win this round then it sounds to me like he deserves it. Clark will always be my favourite of all time and I got to enjoy watching him play growing up. Have to vote for Clark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad