Confirmed with Link: Leafs acquire Cade Webber || Signed to ELC (now official)

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
So that sixth round pick is in the Hail Mary to Europe mold, which I prefer incidentally.

I don't believe in the "let's outsmart an organization that's been adept at drafting defencemen" model of trade when they're willing to let a defenseman they drafted in the 4th go for a 6th.

Curious...but why wouldn't we use a 6th on DeAngelo instead?

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Look, if there's one area that the Leafs organization excels at is scouting and to a lesser extent, development. This smells of Tre giving marching orders to the scouting staff to identify project Big D worth taking a flyer on.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
So that sixth round pick is in the Hail Mary to Europe mold, which I prefer incidentally.

I don't believe in the "let's outsmart an organization that's been adept at drafting defencemen" model of trade when they're willing to let a defenseman they drafted in the 4th go for a 6th.

Curious...but why wouldn't we use a 6th on DeAngelo instead?
becasue DeAngelo is a douche and nobody likes him.

edit. As a matter of fact, yes let's pick up DeAngelo and seat him right next to Reaves for the LOLz

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Hopefully spending a pick means we've done our due diligence and the signing is the in the bag at the end of his NCAA season
I hope so. Anyway they have negotiating rights till the 15th of August. He is essentially a Boston kid (from Westen) that might be a worry if the Bs come sniffing around.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Never heard of this guy to be honest. Guess somebody in our scouting department must have seen something they like. The fact the Canes let him go for a 6th is telling though. They're big on developing their own players.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016

Had high hopes for Keith…….

Me too I edited him in NHL 11 to have tonnes of potential and he would always end up a top pair :laugh:

We'll see how this goes, Trev is really trying to toughen the team up, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad