Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4, Pens 3 - 30 Minutes Not Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosby My Captain 87

Jan 5, 2016
The third period was the best period this team has played all year. The top 6 was great for most of the game I thought, especially in the third (obviously). Cole was brutal, a couple missed clearing attempts, him and Ruhwedel were not great tonight.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Now can we call up DiPauli to take over for Reaves? PLEASE? Speed and skill is the name of the game.

Seriously, what the f*** the blues fans were smoking when they told us that Reaves was fast....dude looks like he skates in molasses, he can't even catch up to anyone to hit them.

Reactions: TNT87

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
GlassCaseOfEmotion.gif~c200

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Here is how god AWFUL Sheahan was . . .

Sully gave him 5:55 at ES.

Sid played almost 23 minutes.

Oh holy ****, Geno played 24:04, including just over 19 minutes at ES. I'm sorry, but if Sully is playing Geno that much, it should tell you all you need to know about Sheahan.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Simon looked pretty good, especially when he was put with Sid.

Better than Sheary.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Sully saw in Sheary with Geno and Phil.

Best I've got is Sully thought it would be unfair to Toronto to give Geno and Phil a LW who might help them a little.

Reactions: EightyOne

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
We didn't quit. The comeback against the Flyers changed that mentality. The team won't quit anymore like a few games earlier in the year. Sid owned Matthews tonight. Sid is a better hockey player. Stats, especially short term don't mean much. Simon was a pleasant surprise. Geno's line was dominated by Bozak JVR and Marner. That line did the damage for the leafs. Kadri Marleau and Komarov overwhelm's our bottom 6. Most playoff teams will over match our bottom 6 until we get stronger down the middle. We are a 2 line team right now. We are also still without our #1G.

Reactions: td_ice

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Can someone listen to what Sully has to say and relay back, not in the mood to hear his voice and buzz words right now.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We didn't quit. The comeback against the Flyers changed that mentality. The team won't quit anymore like a few games earlier in the year. Sid owned Matthews tonight. Sid is a better hockey player. Stats, especially short term don't mean much. Simon was a pleasant surprise. Geno's line was dominated by Bozak JVR and Marner. That line did the damage for the leafs. Kadri Marleau and Komarov overwhelm's our bottom 6. Most playoff teams will over match our bottom 6 until we get stronger down the middle. We are a 2 line team right now. We are also still without our #1G.

Malkin and Kessel played against Kadri most of the night. But, thanks for watching.

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't really like those comparisons, I prefer being the winner of a playoff series over a meaningless regular season game. Matthews was invisible tonight, Crosby wasn't it's just that simple.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Better than Sheary.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Sully saw in Sheary with Geno and Phil.

Best I've got is Sully thought it would be unfair to Toronto to give Geno and Phil a LW who might help them a little.

Sheary can really only go with Hornqvist. Maybe with Rust on a 3rd line but we’d need a much better 3C than we have now

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

Should tell us all we need to know about our team, we keep Matthews and Kadri off the scoresheet but let the guy whos got 4 f***ing goals all year score 2 on us....This team's bottom six blows offensively And defensively, Sheahan is still a trash 3rd line center, anyone saying otherwise is absolutely clueless and JR just needs to admit he f***ed up and waive Reaves tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad