Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4, Pens 3 - 30 Minutes Not Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Glass half full . . . they outplayed the Leafs for the last 30 minutes.

Glass half empty . . . what they did in the first 30 minutes.

Need to change some of the batteries

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
We got exactly what you'd expect a team that worked hard for 50-75% of the game would get (a regulation loss). Show up from the drop of the puck and we would have had a good chance tonight.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This team is structurally flawed, you're not going to find combinations that work when you have a million of the same kind of players. Just like a team full of grinders will not work, a team full of skilled players will not work. The roster needs fixed if the Penguins want to compete, the team is imbalanced.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
MOD WARNING
If you're a fan of another team visiting with the intent to troll, don't. You will be infracted and thread banned.
If you're a member of this board, do not respond. Report the post.

Reactions: Coach Travis

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
On the plus side, Sid was good tonight.
Get a night where that happens + Geno-Phil are goin' and Sheahan keeps his head above water and perhaps you can string some wins together.

Also did they really take the Sid assist away from Geno's goal? Have to go back and look at it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They shot themselves in the foot early. Don't do that and it's maybe a different game. Play like they did in the 3rd for 60min and maybe it's a different game.

The ugly: Kris Letang's decision making during the PP and extra man. It's pretty dreadful and concerning.

The bad: First 30min.

The good: Top 6 looked good after they got going. Sheahan scored.

The great: Simon. Breath of fresh air. 2 assists. Jake-Sid-Simon was a consistent threat in the 3rd. I would be more than happy if that line stuck into the next game.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
This is the first game I watch this season.Of all the things I want to complain about Letang looks like garbage. I mean the pass to Crosby was nice but the rest...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Atrocious hockey, 8 minutes
Mediocre hockey, 30 minutes
Good hockey, 22 minutes

I'm going to keep running tab until they play 60 minutes of good to mediocre hockey with nothing abysmal in there.

In the Metro, CBJ, NJ, NYR, Wash are all clearly better than us. We are fighting with NYI and maybe some team in the Atlantic for the last wildcard berth right now. It's really disappointing

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Some observations . . .

1. Sid had a really nice game.

2. Geno was a wreck for 30 minutes and really good for 30 minutes.

3. Letang is just so awful at 5 on 5 right now. Awful in his own zone, and his awareness and execution in transition is just brutal.

4. The Sheahan is a 3C myth died tonight, ironically on a night where he actually scored.

5. If Sheary isn't on Sid's LW, then they need to trade him for a LW for Geno and Phil. It MUST be a LW with some JAM, because right now either Geno is screening goalies or there's no screen when shots come, and that's just a dumb way to think Geno should be used.

6. Sheary shouldn't be on Sid's LW. There are better options.

7. Sully putting Sheary on Geno and Phil's LW did more to slow them down than the Leafs.

8. Note to defensemen . . . IF Geno wheels back on the breakout, it's to support you and help you come with speed against the trap, not so you can take a step and then fire some mindless pass to a triple covered forward.

9. Rough night for Jarry . . .

10. A 3C is a desperate need. Getting the right L2 LW might be as impactful as having a real 3C.

Reactions: Pens x and Ryder71

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Now can we call up DiPauli to take over for Reaves? PLEASE? Speed and skill is the name of the game.

It sure is that’s our game. You need the 2 way guys too like Rust and Hags (before this season), some guys to do the heavier stuff Hornqvist (not counting Reaves because I don’t think he is a good fit for this team)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Simon looks like he may be hanging around a while.

Play from the first drop of the puck and you won't have to skate around like mad men in the final minutes trying to scrap a draw.

But that would require Sully to bench Kuhn....ah, yeah, oops, nevermind....

Reactions: Clare2904
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad