Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
//====//

What’s important here is that we get carried away by a semi-greasy victory Hail Mary pass, despite Marner brain farting the second goal and a boat load of dumb dumb penalties by others that also resulted in goals.

Don’t play it cool - pretend like we are the team of destiny and our only barrier to victory is the mere passage of time.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
//====//

What’s important here is that we get carried away by a semi-greasy victory Hail Mary pass, despite Marner brain farting the second goal and a boat load of dumb dumb penalties by others that also resulted in goals.

Don’t play it cool - pretend like we are the team of destiny and our only barrier to victory is the mere passage of time.
Pulitzer material, who did you plagerize there? lol?

• Haha
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I don't know if I want to open the Liljegren is a Hunter pick thing, but I guess I have. But I can't really separate the fact that he was part of Dubas' and Keefe's Marlies staff and then somehow wound up in the media.

It was a plant that was likely a measure to combat and "balance" narratives, particularly after the whole offer sheet speculation ordeal, which the Sportsnet/Hockey Central guys really leaned on.
It reminded me of how a certain party in power at some point in time after 2015 who used the media, twitter, and Reddit to control narratives.

It was nauseating at best and I’m glad trev is in control. His guys have been impactful in the playoffs.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Never been more happy to be wrong, I said Bruins sweep. Still dont believe in these guys.... mmmmmmmfffffppphhhhh

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Not sure why ppl have been hating on Liljegren, he’s looked fine to me. We do need him to elevate his play to the next level, but he hasn’t been bad and he’s been playing big minutes.

Shane Seney of Leafs nation is calling for Nylander and Brodie to replace Reaves and Lilly. Can't see that happening.
No idea who that is but it makes no sense.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
did you miss the series against Boston where he scored 5 goals? or game 4 against tampa where he willed them back himself from 4-1 down?
Compare that to McDavid's 5 point night last night.

Matthews has been a post season dud - given his salary and place on the team. Let's hope last night is the beginning of the end of that because he was terrific.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
//====//

I find it humourous that for years they did nothing post whistle and never really engaged that much in scrums.

Now they are always engaged and take it a little too far in the refs eyes.

I have to hope it pays off. Getting a stick or a punch in the mouth gets a little much after awhile and might make Bos stand down.

Reactions: Lilou

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Matthews has been a post season dud - given his salary and place on the team. Let's hope last night is the beginning of the end of that.
Dud is a pretty big stretch. He certainly should have better numbers, but he still has always been an effective 200ft player.

He is already 3rd for most game winning goals and he has helped the Leafs more than he has hurt them, but he has been missing the key moment late in series that define a playoff run

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Dud is a pretty big stretch. He certainly should have better numbers, but he still has always been an effective 200ft player.

He is already 3rd for most game winning goals and he has helped the Leafs more than he has hurt them, but he has been missing the key moment late in series that define a playoff run
That's fair. Good post.

Reactions: Jojalu

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
The hero we forget
1000077950.jpg

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
You can tell Liljegren is not a particularly brave guy. I’m sure Boston pre scouts for those character traits for whom to focus a forecheck on. Similar to Jake Gardiner in the past.

That’s what makes the Reaves Kampf Dewar combo so exciting as we finally have a blunt instrument to create havoc among their D ranks. Grcelyk is their Liljegren but there are also high value targets in McAvoy and Lindholm. Those guys need to be pasted into the end boards just like Liljegren has been targeted. Make them a little more weary on a retrieval, cough up a pizza here and there, feel the wobble in their boots.
Excuse me sir...but are you trying to say that building a 4th line with a purpose instead of random guys from the top 9 is actually a good thing and it's working?

I think a certain someone from Pittsburgh might have a bone to pick with you.

This is the 1st time in forever that we have a 4th line that plays in the other teams end for most of the night and I love it.

Reactions: Duffman955

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018

Matthews has been a post season dud - given his salary and place on the team. Let's hope last night is the beginning of the end of that because he was terrific.
didnt mcdavid get swept by winnipeg and lose to Chicago and then Vanish against vegas...He's had his fair share of failure as well relax...

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
LOL. What is with the "relax"? What a terrible post. LOL.
youre annointing a guy whose missed the playoffs and has just as many failures as some savant for a game in which he exploded against a team that was barely hanging on anyways. what do you want me to do? glaze mcdavid for one game when youre calling Matthews a playoff dud, while mcdavid has just as many failures and wasnt until maybe a season ago that he finally figured out how to play in the playoffs (while vanishing in the final games when his team needed him most against vegas), yeah relax

Reactions: Forgotusername

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
youre annointing a guy whose missed the playoffs and has just as many failures as some savant for a game in which he exploded against a team that was barely hanging on anyways. what do you want me to do? glaze mcdavid for one game when youre calling Matthews a playoff dud, while mcdavid has just as many failures and wasnt until maybe a season ago that he finally figured out how to play in the playoffs (while vanishing in the final games when his team needed him most against vegas), yeah relax
Good Lord. :facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: WillNy29

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
didnt mcdavid get swept by winnipeg and lose to Chicago and then Vanish against vegas...He's had his fair share of failure as well relax...
Didn't McDavid make it further in the playoffs than the Leafs have in over a decade? Edmonton has at least shown something and made it pretty deep not that long ago btw. We have won one round in over a decade.

Reactions: arso40

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I’m expecting McCauley to be reffing the next game. League won’t be happy if Boston is down 2-1 against us.

You know we’re hated when even 90% of habs fan are rooting for Boston lol!
Those Habs fans aren't real Habs fans then, or they're like 16 years old.

No real Montreal fan would ever cheer for the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad