Prospect Info: Leafs 2017 5th Rd Pick (#141 OA) - Fedor Gordeev - 6'6" 211lbs LHD - Flint (OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
All it takes is one of these behemoths to figure out an offensive game and we are sitting pretty. Hunter clearly likes big guys who can defend, particularly from weak OHL teams. He must see some upside in them.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
5th round pick guys, this far down in the draft its a total crap shoot anyways.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Instead of adding pylons they can add more skill guys like Bracco to trade for defensive assets.........but maybe that's too complicated......

Gordeev can skate really well.

Not sure how he's a pylon.

You can't have a team of Bracco's.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
One of the issues the Leafs had was the inability to control play below the face off dots in their own end. If just one or two of these giants work out that will be a big help in that regard. Have faith in Mr.Hunter.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Greenway is the only one that shows promise as of now.

And everyone *****ed about that pick at the time too.

There is alot of potential in these D picks. Gordeev is big, mobile and has a long stick, his 1 Bulldogs goal this year was a skill goal. People need to let these kids develop before getting upset imo.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I feel like Hunter and Co are drafting exclusively with size in mind right now, and while I see the need for some more big bodies in the organization, I don't like that most of our late round picks are being spent on the same type of player. With this kind of mindset, we never would have found Connor Brown.

Again, it's nothing against Gordeev, Middleton, Mattinen, or any of the others, it just seems like we're throwing an awful lot of picks at one category of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad