Prospect Info: Leafs 2017 4th Rd (Via PIT) Vladislav Kara - 6'2" 187lbs LW\C - Irbis Kazan (MHL)

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
dumb pick. they over scouted this one. Shvyryov the following pick is miles better.

I'm not going to jump that far. The Leafs clearly have a network for Russian players right now and i would take the length of conversation at the table to suggest 'well scouted', not necessarily 'over scouted. It could be dumb, i can't refute that, but i can't refute it could be smart. He's completely off board and i'm just curious if there's anyone out there with a clue to add here for us. I'm looking forward to seeing what Hunter (and co) say in the interviews about him. Will just have to see.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
dumb pick. they over scouted this one. Shvyryov the following pick is miles better.

Sweet, someone who actually knows this player. I mean, to make such a statement you must have seen him play, tell us about him as I thin that most of us are totally in the dark on this pick. First off is he a center or a winger?

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Sweet, someone who actually knows this player. I mean, to make such a statement you must have seen him play, tell us about him as I thin that most of us are totally in the dark on this pick. First off is he a center or a winger?

overager who can't score in Russia........... yeah awesome:sarcasm:

This is the same as their Middleton pick from last year... bizarre wasted pick.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think he's also played a bit of centre too?

Leafs seem to have done well in Russsia as of late, so fingers crossed that continues

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
overager who can't score in Russia........... yeah awesome:sarcasm:

This is the same as their Middleton pick from last year... bizarre wasted pick.
In other words, you are no more familiar with this pick than anybody else on here.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Liljegren, Rasanen, Scott and O'Connell were good picks.

That's not complaining about every pick.

Kara, Guseev and McGregor were basically random thoughtless choices when you had skilled guys like Chmelevski, Elvenes, Markus Phillips, Safin, Shvyrov on the board.

ok i apologize then, i am going from thread to thread must have only seen you in those threads

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Liljegren, Rasanen, Scott and O'Connell were good picks.

That's not complaining about every pick.

Kara, Guseev and McGregor were basically random thoughtless choices when you had skilled guys like Chmelevski, Elvenes, Markus Phillips, Safin, Shvyrov on the board.

Don't meant to be harsh, but my prediction is you know less than .01% about the players available, and especially those we've picked, compared to the Leafs scouting network.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hunter must know something here like he is projected to be drafted in this years CHL Euro import draft and perhaps be playing in the CHL next year.

This guy seems like a 7th round pick to me, as he wasn't on any scouting report or ranking that I've seen on him.

Wonder what Hunter saw that made him a 4th round pick after being passed over last year undrafted?. :help:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
hunter called him a winger, not we'll see just falt out winger so add him to our LW pool which is also shallow-ish

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
:laugh::laugh: I think we will trust the 15 pro-hockey men sitting around the Leafs draft table on this decision.... and again :laugh::laugh:

You're assuming all 15 were unanimous in picking Kara.

How many picks do you think the Leafs have taken where the majority of our scouting department disagrees with Hunter but he has the final say, a few?
Hunter is a very intelligent hockey mind but there were other very intelligent hockey minds that would've taken Shyryvov, Chemelevski, or Minulin there.

My point is, this "But theyre the experts" schtick gets tiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad