Prospect Info: Leafs 1st. Pick - 4th. overall - Mitch Marner, RW/C, London (OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If he would beat McDavid at this kind of drill, now I would be "wow'ed" :laugh:

I'm not saying he didn't look great in the drill, I just don't see how you can be amazed by that kind of drill by a player, that's all.

Connor McDavid scored 5 times in Edmonton's rookie intersquad game yesterday, and Marner skated in a straight line from goal line to goal line with the puck.

Link to video: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/connor-mcdavid-scores-5-goals-in-oilers-scrimmage-1.3140830

If Marner scores 5 times in Leafs intersquad game at rookie camp we can be equally impressed.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
36. this is what he wore yesterday.

I hope he ends up wearing 93 with the Leafs. It looks good on him. Its definitely been long enough now that it wouldnt be disrespectful or whatever to Gilmour. Aside from the 1 game stint its been 18 years since Gilmour played with the Leafs it was just a couple months before Marner was born.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I hope he ends up wearing 93 with the Leafs. It looks good on him. Its definitely been long enough now that it wouldnt be disrespectful or whatever to Gilmour. Aside from the 1 game stint its been 18 years since Gilmour played with the Leafs it was just a couple months before Marner was born.

He wouldn't dare. Especially not with Steve Simmons lurking around...waiting for his first screw up. I personally wouldn't mind it. But...you know...Steve Simmons.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I hope he doesn't flirt with a random number for years and then eventually puts the #93 on.

Don't waste anytime son. It was meant to be.

We all want it. He wants it. Send a polite text to Dougie to get his blessing and make it happen.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Honestly, I can't wait till Babcock or Hunter take Simmons out. I still remember when Quinn literally threw someone against the wall bc he asked a stupid question toward Domi(when Domi was in trouble).

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

It'll be interesting to see if or when a new Leaf ever does wear 17/93/13 again. I hope it doesn't happen, but it may be the case sooner or later, as the next generation arrives.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I hope he doesn't flirt with a random number for years and then eventually puts the #93 on.

Don't waste anytime son. It was meant to be.

We all want it. He wants it. Send a polite text to Dougie to get his blessing and make it happen.

will Nylander text Sundin for #13 too?

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I really hope he gets 93.

It looks really good on him...Honestly i think the number suits him better than it suited gilmour.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
will Nylander text Sundin for #13 too?

Not at all similar, Sundin wasn't that long ago. No one will be wearing 13 on this team for a long time.

Also, Sundin captained the Leafs for 11 seasons (something like that). You don't give his number to just anybody. Nylander is really good but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Last edited:

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
It'll be interesting to see if or when a new Leaf ever does wear 17/93/13 again. I hope it doesn't happen, but it may be the case sooner or later, as the next generation arrives.

I just dont think Gilmour was with the Leafs long enough for his # to be retired. He played less than 30% of his career with the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad