Leafs’ first round opponent: Boston (who tanked for us)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If the bruins win tonight, they clinch the division too. They will have 111 points if they win tonight and florida can only max to 110 points, so the panthers won’t be able to catch them anymore.

Bruins are unreal. How are they still managing to be a well above 100 point team? I dislike Boston, but I respect them also.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lets hope game 1 is on Sunday and not Saturday for us.

Need that extra day of rest

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Bruins are unreal. How are they still managing to be a well above 100 point team? I dislike Boston, but I respect them also.
Winning Team culture, focus on team defense and disciplined play, smart trades, intelligent team construction and exemplary work ethic, I guess. I must admit they rebuilt on the fly really well. Only Brad Marchand is left of the original bruins core who won the cup back in 2011.(Bergeron, Lucic, marchand, chara, Thomas, krejci)

They are consistently competitive year to year, I will give them credit for that. McAvoy and Pasta were great draft choices, and they are the heart of the « bruins 2.0 » and they managed to replace Thomas with rask and then rask with swayman/ullmark without missing a beat.

Pasta signing contracts well under his market value also helped the bruins when it came to salary cap management.

Last edited:
Reactions: weems

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1713203159131.png

Their best strategy to beat us is low event hockey.
Defend, and counter punch.

Reactions: Confucius

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Similar to the Bruins series from a few years back, no?

Defence in the playoffs does beat offence though, mostly because of how the rules are enforced.

That's why it's huge we get out powerplay's head out of its ass...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
View attachment 852170

Their best strategy to beat us is low event hockey.
Defend, and counter punch.
Da problem is D and G beat F in playoff hockey when game is called differently .. offense dries up .. this series will be a ton of 1-1 games and who grinds da best will win .. i could see almost every game going to OT .. high probability this goes 7 games too .. it will be a war of attrition too with each game being a war

Reactions: torontoblood

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Da problem is D and G beat F in playoff hockey when game is called differently .. offense dries up .. this series will be a ton of 1-1 games and who grinds da best will win .. i could see almost every game going to OT .. high probability this goes 7 games too .. it will be a war of attrition too with each game being a war
I agree on the overtime point. I think the Leafs will win at least a couple of the games in OT. The Leafs will have an advantage in OT because of their offense.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Paul Maurice and the Panthers are scared this year... been making excuses since the last game vs the Leafs... they're worried Matthews is gunna' light em up too... f*** florida!

I felt like Florida was going to punch us in the mouth again this year but… I don’t know.. look at how bad our top players were, and look at the scores. I mean.. make no mistake we got our butts kicked and we folded like a wet napkin, but… I think we have more secondary scoring this year and Auston will not go 5 games without a goal.
IMG_0331.jpeg
IMG_0330.jpeg

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I felt like Florida was going to punch us in the mouth again this year but… I don’t know.. look at how bad our top players were, and look at the scores. I mean.. make no mistake we got our butts kicked and we folded like a wet napkin, but… I think we have more secondary scoring this year and Auston will not go 5 games without a goal.
View attachment 852252View attachment 852253
Mo is a beaut.

torontoblood

May 27, 2021
Every expert will tell you, in every team sport:

Offense wins games
defense wins championships
Da problem is D and G beat F in playoff hockey when game is called differently .. offense dries up .. this series will be a ton of 1-1 games and who grinds da best will win .. i could see almost every game going to OT .. high probability this goes 7 games too .. it will be a war of attrition too with each game being a
No room and space in the playoffs also. Forwards have to fight through. Willing to pay the price to score and win. And most playoff teams have decent level defense and goaltending to begin with.

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Similar to the Bruins series from a few years back, no?

Defence in the playoffs does beat offence though, mostly because of how the rules are enforced.

That's why it's huge we get out powerplay's head out of its ass...
Our special teams cost us big time against Boston plus losing Kadri. Only thing PK killed was confidence and PP should've been renamed to Power Outage smh.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

torontoblood

May 27, 2021
View attachment 852252View attachment 852253
Matthews being goalless in a playoff series is an exceptional anomaly. Very rare it happens again. It won’t happen this year for sure.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Florida is going to dump and chase the hell out of us. Edmondson, McCabe And Benoit can take a hit without being too scared but they also can't really move the puck that well. Rielly, Liljegren and Brodie are going to have their work cut out for them because Florida is finishing every check come playoffs.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I’m not afraid of any team. Bring them all on. We have a solid team but iI will come down to the refs and how much of the rule book they throw away and how the goalies play.

We have some tough teams in our conference but we are part of that group too. Have to fix that PK tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad