Leaf fans dont matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
wait a minute people are seriously trying to break this thread and argument down. THIS MAN ACTUALLY THINKS THE LEAFS STRUGGLES ARE A GARY BETTMAN CONSPIRACY. this muppet does not deserve to be taken seriously.

:laugh:

He needs an avi change

ANCIENT_ALIENS.jpeg

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I seriously hope fans keep tossing jerseys, scarfs, hats whatever they can on the ice. Not during gameplay, that is just dumb. But during stoppages toss them and send this franchise a ****ing message

While I understand the frustration, behaviour like that will hardly encourage free agents to sign here or players to waive NTC to be traded here.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I've been saying this for a long time, the NHL should pull and NBA and if the leafs are anywhere close to a bottom 3 team we should "win" the lottery, a player like mcdavid on toronto would do them wonders with selling tickets.

The Leafs already sell bucketloads of tickets and are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, draws when they are on the road. How would having McDavid help sell any more tickets? If he was on a team that didn't draw ticket buyers it would help sell tickets, but on the Leafs?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
While I understand the frustration, behaviour like that will hardly encourage free agents to sign here or players to waive NTC to be traded here.

While I don't necessarily agree that more **** needs to be thrown, I dont think the Maple Leafs' struggles are the result of the players who do or do not want to come here. The problem is the people assembling the players, not the players themselves.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The argument that says they don't win because they don't need to in order to be profitable, does not make sense. A rejuvenated Leaf fan base going on a couple cup runs would be insanely more profitable, and if people come out regardless, then there is no reason to avoid rebuilding.

Think about how many McDavid jerseys they would sell.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
The Leafs already sell bucketloads of tickets and are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, draws when they are on the road. How would having McDavid help sell any more tickets? If he was on a team that didn't draw ticket buyers it would help sell tickets, but on the Leafs?

Tickets are a secondary revenue source for the Leafs now, it's TV that drives it now days.
Quit watching them, downgrade cable packages, stop following tsn radio /fan 590.

Tickets will always sell, but TV why they have highest revenue - stop watching this garbage. let the raptors have higher ratings that will actually put pressure on them.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
The argument that says they don't win because they don't need to in order to be profitable, does not make sense. A rejuvenated Leaf fan base going on a couple cup runs would be insanely more profitable, and if people come out regardless, then there is no reason to avoid rebuilding.

It does make sense though. Ownership would never go through a true rebuild cause that guarantees no playoffs for a few seasons. Doesn't matter who owns the team, profits always will come first. Meaning they would rather have a chance at making the playoffs over knowing before the season starts that they will most likely miss it.

buttman*

Money talks. As long as Leaf fans keep paying $400 a ticket to watch management doesn't need to change. Leaf fans need to stop paying for an inferior product -- then things will change. I haven't been to a Leaf game in a while and even had free tickets more than a few times. I have gone to see Olympic game, WJC and many others but the atmosphere at the ACC is not entertaining and not worth attending. Hopefully it changes. Even a rebuild would be refreshing and take the onus off winning.

buttman*

It does make sense though. Ownership would never go through a true rebuild cause that guarantees no playoffs for a few seasons. Doesn't matter who owns the team, profits always will come first. Meaning they would rather have a chance at making the playoffs over knowing before the season starts that they will most likely miss it.

they have been in the playoffs once in 9 years. Colorado rebuilt and made the playoffs last year. Lots of teams rebuild quicker then whatever it is the Leafs are doing.

LeafsFIO*

Most of the $ from ticket sales go to revenue sharing or anyways. Shut up already.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
wait a minute people are seriously trying to break this thread and argument down. THIS MAN ACTUALLY THINKS THE LEAFS STRUGGLES ARE A GARY BETTMAN CONSPIRACY. this muppet does not deserve to be taken seriously.

You're talking about a place at which a hypothetical posited by a member of the media (Dreger) explodes into a 20+ page thread within an hour with people debating his hypothetical as if it is real and is about to happen.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
While I don't necessarily agree that more **** needs to be thrown, I dont think the Maple Leafs' struggles are the result of the players who do or do not want to come here. The problem is the people assembling the players, not the players themselves.

I'm not saying their struggles are the result of players who do or do not want to come here. I am saying that fan reactions like this might discourage players from coming here in the future.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Getting a dialogue going.

A conspiracy can neither be proven nor disproved but it gets the discussion rolling. This franchise is a bad joke, voted the worst sports team in North America. How can GM's make moves that common hockey fans know are stupid at the very moment they have been done? My theory is as least plausible as the story of this franchise is. We still have fans admitting they would trade our first rounder for an overpaid 30 year old. We have tried this before(Kurvers for Niedermayer,Luongo for Clark,Couture for Nolan, Rask for Raycroft). So why do it again? Staal is not Mario Lemieux, he cant save a team this messed up.

The problems of this franchise are deep and if the Leaf fans turn their backs the whole NHL is in trouble.

Kadri said "We dont need fans like this." But after 40 years of futility we dont need to pay for players like this. This team is going nowhere and is directionless. Wont make the playoffs nor get a high pick. In short pure stupidity.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm going to say that some poll on HFBoards doesn't equal what management or ownership wants. No team wants to intentionally lose games and they certainly aren't going to do it because some fans want to. It's no conspiracy, it's just not how companies do business.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

How many threads discuss what the OP wanted to start a discussion about?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

No it doesn't. Long term success would increase profits drastically. 4-8 playoff home games once every couple of years is nothing in comparison.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I seriously hope fans keep tossing jerseys, scarfs, hats whatever they can on the ice. Not during gameplay, that is just dumb. But during stoppages toss them and send this franchise a ****ing message

At the Buffalo game in the 3rd period, a Leaf fan a section over from me, tossed his Leafs jersey towards the ice surface! It came up short and landed in the time keepers box. To my astonishment, the time keeper tossed it back up to him in the stands! The fan's second throw made it to the ice! :amazed:

My question is: How come the time keeper didn't get ejected along with the fan??? :biglaugh:

In all seriousness, if tossing stuff on the ice is that dangerous, why did the time keep give the man back his jersey? I wonder if he was at least reprimanded for his actions! :rant:

hockeyfanz*

Keep dreaming man. Building sells out no matter what.. Why not win a round of playoffs every year. Don't need to win the Cup at all to be profitable. They are so inept. They have been TRYING to make the playoffs for 10 years straight. Never have they torn this joke down. Never.

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
There are already a bevy of Leaf haters out there pointing out the stupidity of Leaf Nation for not boycotting our team to "force them into action." We needn't navel gaze about something of which we are all already miserably aware.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
No it doesn't. Long term success would increase profits drastically. 4-8 playoff home games once every couple of years is nothing in comparison.

I know long term success would increase profits. Ownership doesn't see it that way. They look at short term gain. They would rather sneak into the last playoff spot every season and have the guaranteed playoff revenue. This team would never bottom out cause that would mean that they might miss the playoff revenue for a few seasons.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
This is systemic abuse of fans, watch this thread get hidden. The fans poll shows they want a tank, but that wont happen as it doesn't fit into Gary's mold. There will be no trades unless it is our first rounder for a washed up , overpaid 30 year old. But what these morons don't realize, the tide is turning.IF the seats in ACC are empty the NHL has major, major problems.

7 out of 30 teams are Canadian but a Cdn team hasn't won the cup since when? Statistically impossible. Do the math and you will see the real picture.

"I had no idea(when we traded our first) a team that had been crud for so long would finish so low, least of the Leafs." Dave Nonnis reflecting on his years as ambassador to the NHL.

There is no way Staal can fix this team but he can sure cost us.

Not sure of the point being made.

Are you saying Bettman won't allow the Leafs to tank?

And/or, there is a conspiracy against Canadian teams and the league somehow rigs the system so the Canadian teams lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad