Leaf fans dont matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
This is systemic abuse of fans, watch this thread get hidden. The fans poll shows they want a tank, but that wont happen as it doesn't fit into Gary's mold. There will be no trades unless it is our first rounder for a washed up , overpaid 30 year old. But what these morons don't realize, the tide is turning.IF the seats in ACC are empty the NHL has major, major problems.

7 out of 30 teams are Canadian but a Cdn team hasn't won the cup since when? Statistically impossible. Do the math and you will see the real picture.

"I had no idea(when we traded our first) a team that had been crud for so long would finish so low, least of the Leafs." Dave Nonnis reflecting on his years as ambassador to the NHL.

There is no way Staal can fix this team but he can sure cost us.

Last edited:

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
This is systemic abuse of fans, watch this thread get hidden. The fans poll shows they want a tank, but that wont happen as it doesn't fit into Gary's mold. There will be no trades unless it is our first rounder for a washed up , overpaid 30 year old. But what these morons don't realize, the tide is turning.IF the seats in ACC are empty the NHL has major, major problems.

7 out of 30 teams are Canadian but a Cdn team hasn't won the cup since when? Statistically impossible. Do the math and you will see the real picture.

So it is a conspiracy of some sort?

Ace88*

:facepalm:

It is the fans in the 18 wheeler this season. The vitriol, sheesh.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
It is mathematically impossible.

Roy and Lemieux won the cup , they refused to give in. So, what in 30 years only 1 CDN has won or is it longer?

Time to trade our first rounder to an American team for a washed up, overpaid 30 year old? Let me ask you a question, what happens when Leaf fans turn their backs?

Ace88*

The acc workers get paid overtime cleaning up all the jerseys

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The problem with being a big market team like Toronto is it's more profitable making the playoffs than missing it for a few years to be a contender.

With smaller markets, you HAVE to rebuild because no one is coming to the games when the team's bad. For the Leafs, the building is sold out whether they're a contender or if they're on the fence. That's why they try to maximize profits by making the playoffs every year, rather than miss the playoffs for a few years.

Ironically, if they knew a decade ago that they'd miss the playoffs 9/10 years, they might have actually went through a rebuild... Yet every new season, they aim for the playoffs the following season, and look where they are now.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
What I see is total failure.

How is it, the schills can propose totally stupid trades and they keep happening.

Staal is garbage. Washed up and overpaid.An American teams huge problem. He will never play well again, because he cant. And yet when trading with Toronto, Carolina has the upper hand? More of the same rinse and repeat. NO GM will take Staal now wait for the schills to tell us how great he hasnt been for a long time. Always an American team we save.

Another stupid media trade: Vancouver has a problem, Luongo. No problem, trade him to Toronto for Bozak and Kadri.

Officially voted...period.Worst sports franchise in North America. The outsiders tell us what to do.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
The problem with being a big market team like Toronto is it's more profitable making the playoffs than missing it for a few years to be a contender.

With smaller markets, you HAVE to rebuild because no one is coming to the games when the team's bad. For the Leafs, the building is sold out whether they're a contender or if they're on the fence. That's why they try to maximize profits by making the playoffs every year, rather than miss the playoffs for a few years.

Ironically, if they knew a decade ago that they'd miss the playoffs 9/10 years, they might have actually went through a rebuild... Yet every new season, they aim for the playoffs the following season, and look where they are now.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

Nonis: "our goal is to make the playoffs" :shakehead

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Leaf fans can truly say now...

ding ding ding we have a winner!

Nonis: "our goal is to make the playoffs" :shakehead

The worst sports franchise in North America, what a strange ocurence. We must be cursed. There is no possible way it is on purpose. Trade out first rounder for a washed up, overpaid 30 year old on an American team. The NHL dreaded this day. Once Leaf fans turn their backs the NHL is in huge trouble.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
If we trade our first rounder this year for Staal, then I'm done with this team and its ****** management.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

So what you're telling us is that they don't know how to run the franchise but just the business?! Sheesh, if only we knew that 10 years ago.. :help:

The problem is the people that are coming in, to run the franchise properly, and to be successful get their ideas pushed aside for that almighty dollar.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
How is it, the schills can propose totally stupid trades and they keep happening.

Staal is garbage. Washed up and overpaid.An American teams huge problem. He will never play well again, because he cant. And yet when trading with Toronto, Carolina has the upper hand? More of the same rinse and repeat. NO GM will take Staal now wait for the schills to tell us how great he hasnt been for a long time. Always an American team we save.

Another stupid media trade: Vancouver has a problem, Luongo. No problem, trade him to Toronto for Bozak and Kadri.

Officially voted...period.Worst sports franchise in North America. The outsiders tell us what to do.

Just curious. How many times have you seen Staal play this season? Last season?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
If we trade our first rounder this year for Staal, then I'm done with this team and its ****** management.

Relax, something that stupid can not happen while Shanny is the prez. He watched the team collapse last season and they managed to get an exciting young player for it. He see some obvious potential on or close to the team like Rielly, Percy, Finn etc.
He was assured by Nonis who said he believed in the current core to get it done, since he had seen it before (he talked about the shortened season...) he just needed to bring back a couple of players, or similar, who made that team work, like Komarov, Frattin and the hard workers brought in through FA. Now he more or less have recreated the team from the lockout season who now is even more experienced and we still see a team who rarely competes, who dont show any spark, dont follow the coaches instructions etc.
So now the focus is on Nonis and the core guys. Will Shanny invest more in them trying to save them or will he let them live and die by their own doings this season without trading away more future and then bring in a new GM who can blow the team up, or at least it´s core.

Nonis saying he believed in the core could of course just be lip service to the media and he say something completely different when alone with Shanahan. In that case, he could be the one starting the much needed rebuild by trading away our core to bring in more complete players.

In any case, I think our 1st is safe.

The short term goal is to have a competitive team on the ice who dont embarrass the club 2016-17 when the club celebrates 100 years. So that is also something that have to be taken into account.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
What comes around goes around.

We need to explore trading our players to the least desirable place possible. Fans have had enough. This team is crud so it doesn't matter. This is a total disrespect of fans. Contempt even. Here is how little we care now boys, you robbed of us money. You are all overpaid bums. Trade them to the worst possible teams. Draconian measures are needed. Other than Kessel, this team is pure crud. Just hold onto the first(and prospects), the rest of the team is garbage.

Make an example, it has been a long time coming. We dont even care if Phaneuff goes to the AHL.:sarcasm:

I have never seen such a bunch of shameless, self entitled ****ers in my life.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
:facepalm:

It is the fans in the 18 wheeler this season. The vitriol, sheesh.

there is no 18 wheeler to crash, a collapse can't happen if you're not at the top, mind you it's only November and a bit early to be talking playoffs.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This morning it feels like I have a bad hangover, and I didn't have anything to drink last night. This team will do that to you.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

The odds that a Canadian team should win the cup roughly every 4 years doesn't mean that they necessarily will.

That's falsely assuming all teams have an equal shot at winning every single year, when clearly Vegas shows that this is not the case, with teams like LAK being 1:4 or 1:6 and teams like BUF being 1:60 or 1:120.

It just happens that a lot of the Canadian teams had benefitted from pre-cap era spending and didn't have teams that were structurally sustainable in a post-cap era hockey world. So a lot of the Canadian teams started rebuilds, of varying degrees, and as such weren't competitive for a good number of years.

The Oilers had a stroke of bad luck with Pronger forcing his way out, or else they might've been capable of repeating. Similarly, if the Senators kept Chara instead of Redden, and nowadays, the Habs are currently Cup contenders (or moving steadily in that direction), and the Canucks made the Stanley Cup finals just a few years ago.

The Oilers, Flames, and Senators have also been to the finals in recent years.

It's hardly a conspiracy...

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Ugh. I hate this team. Can't they do anything right? Either suck or play well. This 6-1 streak is getting eaten up by some of the worst losses I've ever seen. Ever.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I seriously hope fans keep tossing jerseys, scarfs, hats whatever they can on the ice. Not during gameplay, that is just dumb. But during stoppages toss them and send this franchise a ****ing message

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I've been saying this for a long time, the NHL should pull and NBA and if the leafs are anywhere close to a bottom 3 team we should "win" the lottery, a player like mcdavid on toronto would do them wonders with selling tickets.

Leaf fans should stop going to games, when people stop going the nhl might wake up and realize their cash cow is in trouble and might actually help them. The leafs management isn't interested in picking a direction, instead they like to spew out crap saying the leafs are going for the playoffs! To get fans all excited and think they have a chance cause "anything cna happen right" wrong..... When was the last time a team won the cup that noone expected to win? Never there's maybe 5 teams that might win it and they will always win it.

Please just for the love of god trade kessel, phaneuf, lupul for 1sts + prospects, trade franson, reimer, santa, winnik, bozak, booth at the tdl for highest pick offered and rebuild this mess. We are the calgary flames of a couple years ago where we had no definitive direction, to **** to make playoffs, to good for a top 5 pick..... In 4 seasons that's not good enough and shows why we should get rid of the crap and rebuild, even 1-2 quick on the fly rebuild is all it would take, imagine picking up eichel or mcdavid then a stamkos or tavares coming..... Happened in clevland in the nba it could happen to us, but imo they might come with this **** show core, but more likely they would come with a young core and they could lead em to greatness aka lebron

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I seriously hope fans keep tossing jerseys, scarfs, hats whatever they can on the ice. Not during gameplay, that is just dumb. But during stoppages toss them and send this franchise a ****ing message

you think MLSE will give a ****? I bet the resell all the merchandise fans toss.

I know its unsafe, but the only way they will give a **** is if it is during the game. Just throw it on the oppisite end of where the puck is or something, force stoppages.

LeafsFIO*

wait a minute people are seriously trying to break this thread and argument down. THIS MAN ACTUALLY THINKS THE LEAFS STRUGGLES ARE A GARY BETTMAN CONSPIRACY. this muppet does not deserve to be taken seriously.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Nonis: "I believe in this group"

iBVLZz67X11ZF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad