GDT: LDR’s Inaugural GDT Thread: Youth Caps Vs. Long Island Semi-Old Farts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
It's amazing that we haven't blown a lead, isn't it like 11-0-3 or something now?

We've got such little leeway with our low GF and still can pull off a .621 P%

#1 in GA in 3rd pd. :clap:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
He make a sh*t load of money and has 5 goals. Enough said.

Or….it is making observations on issues that aren’t going away?!
But what is your proposed solution? We punting Ovechkin?

Some of these “problems” just are what they are and we knew that would happen when a lot of the ink dried. Backstrom would be a “problem” if he didn’t hang them up but there’s no sense in reeling on the internet about it because we all knew it could and likely would happen, and then it did. There is no “how inept is management and coaching” angle to play here, we know what’s happening.

What do you want to do about it that isn’t complain?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What do you want to do about it that isn’t complain?
We're random internet denizens. Complaining is all we can do.

Twabbs, how is Kuzy doing with underlying metrics? So much talent, but it just seems the consistency isn’t there. He seems more effective and confident than last year, but only 11 points so far in the role he has just seems like the production is lacking. Is there any hope for a true resurgence?
Not Twabs, but Kuzy's metrics are, well, outright terrible

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win. Miro got a few chances and looked engaged. Lapierre was brilliant again, as was that entire line. I don't even mind the OT part, screw Penguins, Canes and Devils. Also found this pretty funny:

Standings by point %:

Washington Capitals - 11th (.621%)

Pittspurgh Penguins - 20th (.517%)

Moneypuck to make the Playoffs:

Washington Capitals - 33.9%

Pittspurgh Penguins - 38.1%

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We're random internet denizens. Complaining is all we can do.

1703156157441.png

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Why is Phillips on the ice with under 3 minutes in a tie game?
Twabby staged a brief coup and was calling lines behind the bench.
Watched the game in a bar with some friends, so my attention fluctuated. Butmost every time I looked up it seemed like both teams were playing with lots of pace and there were plenty of scoring chances. Not the usual Caps-Isles fun-killing, neutral zone slog fest.

Also, there’s something hopeful (or freaky and scary) about the fact that as compromised as Ovie looks to be, he’s still 2nd on the team in points and keeps helping to set up key goals for us. With even a modicum of mean reversion, this season becomes even more interesting

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If you have six minutes you should listen to this, especially if you don't listen to a lot of Carbery's pressers. He's an unbelievable communicator and you can tell he knows his shit. He's articulate, objective and transparent without being cruel, and has a genuine passion for what he does and for his players. He's only three years older than Ovi but you can tell the guys respect the hell out of him and want to perform for him. Probably the perfect guy to be coaching this team at this moment.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
If you have six minutes you should listen to this, especially if you don't listen to a lot of Carbery's pressers. He's an unbelievable communicator and you can tell he knows his shit. He's articulate, objective and transparent without being cruel, and has a genuine passion for what he does and for his players. He's only three years older than Ovi but you can tell the guys respect the hell out of him and want to perform for him. Probably the perfect guy to be coaching this team at this moment.

He's amazing. I am such a fan. I watch a lot of his pressers, and he's been great from day one, but he's also really grown into the role.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
There’s been a lot of talk about the young guys, and that’s deserved, but seriously, how good is Tom Wilson? He’s 100% for sure now, he’s flying.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Dude would be great on TV in an analysis role…

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It's amazing that we haven't blown a lead, isn't it like 11-0-3 or something now?

We've got such little leeway with our low GF and still can pull off a .621 P%

#1 in GA in 3rd pd. :clap:
Well, and I love you as a poster, but the 11-0-3 (the 3 part) means we’ve blown 3 leads. Didn’t lose in regulation, but lost none the less.

I was PO’d that we have the Isles a point. However, I’ve moved on :thumbu:

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Well, and I love you as a poster, but the 11-0-3 (the 3 part) means we’ve blown 3 leads. Didn’t lose in regulation, but lost none the less.

I was PO’d that we have the Isles a point. However, I’ve moved on :thumbu:
c'mon![/Gob Bluth]

11-0-3 is objectively a fantastic stat

I'm curious which teams haven't lost a single point w/lead going into 3rd

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
well 3 more games of roster freeze so he's potentially got those
but yeah after that it's gonna take multi-injuries most likely to get in again any time soon
They called up Sgarbossa. I assume that was insurance against having to play Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad