LD Travis Dermott - Erie Otters, OHL (2015, 34th, TOR)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kinda odd that he doesn't have a thread yet, he's been dynamic for Erie in the playoffs. He's definitely been my biggest riser during the year.

I know that Pronman has him at around #100 but he's currently a 1st rounder for me, i just don't see any weaknesses in his game (except for his build but he should be around 6'0 200 pnds by the time hes NHL ready), stylistically he reminds me alot of Morgan Rielly. Imo at the very least i think he'll be an early 2nd rounder but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a 1st rounder.

Where do you guys have him?

Last edited:
Reactions: King Clancy

bigdogsnipedaddy

Mar 2, 2012
Kinda odd that he doesn't have a thread yet, he's been dynamic for Erie in the playoffs. He's definitely been my biggest riser during the year.

I know that Pronman has him at around #100 but he's currently a 1st rounder for me, i just don't see any weaknesses in his game (except for his build but he should be around 6'0 200 pnds by the time hes NHL ready), stylistically he reminds me alot of Morgan Rielly. Imo at the very least i think he'll be a 2nd round pick but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a 1st rounder.

Where do you guys have him?

I see him going early 2nd and possibly late 1st. Kid has great vision, skates and shoots very well. Has a knack for keeping the puck in the ozone during the pp and can compete well against the big boys along the boards. Very strong compete level.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Late first or early second, he's the leader on defense for the Otters. Terrific all around player

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Dermott was always very impressive in my 15 or so viewings of him. His offensive prowess is well-cited but he was also one of the best defenders in odd man breaks I've watched this season. London's top forwards had more trouble beating him on 2v1's than any Western Conference defenceman not named Nurse or Chychrun. Uses his stick remarkably well.

Honestly came across as a 25-35 talent.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Dermott was always very impressive in my 15 or so viewings of him. His offensive prowess is well-cited but he was also one of the best defenders in odd man breaks I've watched this season. London's top forwards had more trouble beating him on 2v1's than any Western Conference defenceman not named Nurse or Chychrun. Uses his stick remarkably well.

Honestly came across as a 25-35 talent.

25-35 is the range i have him in aswell

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Would love for this guy to fall to the Rangers in the late 2nd

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What's the scouting report on this guy? I haven't watched him a ton and when I did he didn't really stand out to me. Seems like a guy that's good at a lot of things but not excellent at any particular part of the game. Played a pretty simple game when I watched him. Seems a bit like Zboril but without the size (and the shot?).

bigdogsnipedaddy

Mar 2, 2012
Dermott had another very strong game last vs Oshawa. Time and time again he makes the right decision. Breaks up a 4 on 2 which results in an assist on a very timely otters goal. The guy looks like he is having a ton of fun out there.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
From what I've seen of Dermott, his defensive game needs a lot of work. He has a lot of dumb turnovers all the time as well.

I don't know who you were watching but I watched quite a number of Otter post season games and saw literally 0 of this. The kid is really good defensively and breaking out, always in the right place, solid, hard, crisp passes to his teammates..

Not sure who you saw man

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Good predictions ITT. He went at 34. Glad Leafs traded up to get him. The difference between 24-34 isn't to high in this draft, plus they got an extra 2 picks for it too.

Shwaguy*

He was a stud when I watched him in the Oshawa-Erie series, he was their best non-McDavid player in the playoffs

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Looked great in the Canada vs Russia game. Scored a goal too.

Who does he compare to in the NHL?

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Looked great in the Canada vs Russia game. Scored a goal too.

Who does he compare to in the NHL?

That's hard to say, honestly an ultra-lite Duncan Keith wouldn't be out to lunch. I certainly see a future NHLer in Dermott, far too smart, terrific work habits and too much talent to fail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad