LD Sean Day - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Sounds like Orr the way he's being hyped.

Kidding guys, never seen a 14 year old skate like that. And I think there's people around here that have seen a lot more elite 14 year olds skate that would say the same.

I agree. Day and Shane Nash are the two best Bantam-aged skaters I have ever seen. I'd give the edge to Day though, as I have never seen someone his age with such power behind their stride.

Last edited:

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
edit: already mentioned above.

This'll be interesting. I dont know much about Day.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Born in Belgium, lived in Singapore for a few years, played all his minor hockey in the US. Canadian parents, I don't know about American citizenship.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
It's unbelievable how many elite Hockey players are being developed in the country. The next generation of superstars are coming at a constant wave. It's great to see and as time goes on and technological specifications for Hockey equipment and training methods keep improving and with the size of these kids these days, most being awfully big even at 14 or 15, combined with all aspects improving, even the average kid's are going to be better and better, not to mention the special talents like the Mackinnon's, McDavid's of the world. Keep em' coming!

Last edited:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
He has a Canadian citizenship, 100% Canadian for sure.

I know he has Canadian, it's the American (where he's played all his hockey) is the question as that would be the battle for who he plays for but everything I've seen/read indicates just Canadian. Would be a huge catch.

The scary part is Erie is bad enough to come 20th overall again, the OHL could see Day/McDavid as teammates for a couple of years (surely preparing them for being teammates in Edmonton down the road, I kidd).

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Next years U17s could include a Team Ontario with McDavid & Sean Day... if McDavid isn't at the U20s lol

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Next years U17s could include a Team Ontario with McDavid & Sean Day... if McDavid isn't at the U20s lol

When Tavares got cut from the under 20 team at 16 they didn't send him to the under 17s because he was above that level, McDavid may end up the same I imagine, he has to get cut from the under 20 team for the scenario to even come up which may not even happen.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
When Tavares got cut from the under 20 team at 16 they didn't send him to the under 17s because he was above that level, McDavid may end up the same I imagine, he has to get cut from the under 20 team for the scenario to even come up which may not even happen.

Ekblad is going twice, he's well above the level.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I know he has Canadian, it's the American (where he's played all his hockey) is the question as that would be the battle for who he plays for but everything I've seen/read indicates just Canadian. Would be a huge catch.

The scary part is Erie is bad enough to come 20th overall again, the OHL could see Day/McDavid as teammates for a couple of years (surely preparing them for being teammates in Edmonton down the road, I kidd).

Hopefully the 67s continue being terrible and get Day. Would really help the rebuild.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
It's unbelievable how many elite Hockey players are being developed in the country. The next generation of superstars are coming at a constant wave. It's great to see and as time goes on and technological specifications for Hockey equipment and training methods keep improving and with the size of these kids these days, most being awfully big even at 14 or 15, combined with all aspects improving, even the average kid's are going to be better and better, not to mention the special talents like the Mackinnon's, McDavid's of the world. Keep em' coming!

Not only has the strength/conditioning/athletic development field gone into hyperspeed lately...it's trickling down to the kids. Now I don't know that Day, McDavid were being trained this way before they received widespread noteriety, it's highly possible. I think we may get to a point where the CHL has the issue of multiple exceptional players in any given season.

The reality is now, if you have the raw talent to play at the higher level, whether it's a 14-15 year old playing in CHL or 17-18 year olds plausibly taking NHL shifts, you probably can with the training tools and methods now available and the ones that will be develop as we move forward.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
6'3" 195lbs at 14 drives me nuts. At 14 I was over 2 feet shorter than this guy.

And that is part of the reason we are going to see more exceptional players in the CHL moving forwards. They're bigger and stronger than ever before.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
And that is part of the reason we are going to see more exceptional players in the CHL moving forwards. They're bigger and stronger than ever before.

Do you think they will eventually move down a year the age that a player can play at and move the exceptional status clause down a year as well?

The way Sean Day has been praised, he definitely sounds like the next Bobby Orr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad