LD Sami Niku (2015, 198th, WPG)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wow he scored I am so f***ing happy right now. This kid is gonna be a stud

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
What a season for Sami Niku! He absolutely has a phenomenal rookie season in the AHL and the first game he is called up he gets his first NHL goal! If Lijegren has the season Niku had, we would never hear the end of it! Lol

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Had him in my fantasy league and dropped him about a quarter of the way into the season since I thought 1) his stats were unsustainable and 2) no one else knew about him. Sure enough, he was picked up off waivers >:[

Reactions: ps241

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
What a pick from the Jets, he has developed really nicely. Also he seems like a very likable guy from interviews, his English has improved a lot too (if I remember correctly he needed an interpreter in the draft combine)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Only saw one game from him against the Habs and he looked like the real deal.

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
This kid is having an insane season. Saw him only once in the NHL but his skating and raw puck skills were phenomenal. I think he's got a good shot of a long career ahead of him if he can refine his game. The Jets are f***ing stacked.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Had a very nice game against the predators last night.

He’s gonna be a star.

is he kinda stuck in a numbers game? real good in the AHL but just cant seem to get momentum going in the NHL... I assume he will be back in the AHL when injured guys come back?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
is he kinda stuck in a numbers game? real good in the AHL but just cant seem to get momentum going in the NHL... I assume he will be back in the AHL when injured guys come back?
He kinda had a lackluster preseason and has been leaping back and forth from the AHL to the Jets pressbox. Lots of injuries on our defense right now so the opportunity opened up and he seems to be seizing it.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
He kinda had a lackluster preseason and has been leaping back and forth from the AHL to the Jets pressbox. Lots of injuries on our defense right now so the opportunity opened up and he seems to be seizing it.
He will be very good player and permanent nhl player next year.

No harm in him playing heavy minutes in the ahl right now.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Should have been in the NHL all season, Maurice isn't keen on young offensive d-men.

Has looked phenomenal for the last 5 or so games he's played. Shouldn't ever play in the AHL again tbh.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Obviously doesn't belong to the AHL. Is in a 3 game goal streak right know for the Moose, 3 goals, 4 assists in 6 games this season.

Can't understand how he isn't playing in NHL. If Jets aren't going to use him, then trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad