LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
You can see that Dahlin is a great player and plays a very good two-way game. I love the way he moves the puck quickly and has his up to make the quick pass when he gets the puck, especially in transition. But like any prospect his game is not perfect. The one area that I noticed that seemed to lack a little bit was his ability to track the puck in the defensive end. He was often focused on a man close to him when the puck was being swung and support was needed. It is a small criticism.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Is it wrong that I would be perfectly fine if the Caps tanked this season for a chance at him?

What a difference between this years and draft and next years draft.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Tanking doesn't work anymore, ask Vancouver

Edmonton ruined it for everybody
I'd say Buffalo deserves equal blame on this one. The movement to change lottery odds emerged when Buffalo clearly created a team in the interest of tanking hard in the McDavid/Eichel draft and made almost no effort to improve itself in the off-season of 2014 after being arguably the worst team since the 05 lockout. Edmonton winning 2 lotteries (remember lotto odds were changed prior to McDavid and in the RNH draft they just held the position because you could only move up 4 spots, which NJD did). It was a combo of not wanting the worst team to have good odds, and discouraging a team from doing what Buffalo was doing (although there are very few owners who would allow this, so it really is a limited worry).

Also, outside of the Taylor Hall year, I'm not sure Edmonton really tanked. They were just a terribly constructed team with bad coaching and a dysfunctional management structure.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
I'd say Buffalo deserves equal blame on this one. The movement to change lottery odds emerged when Buffalo clearly created a team in the interest of tanking hard in the McDavid/Eichel draft and made almost no effort to improve itself in the off-season of 2014 after being arguably the worst team since the 05 lockout. Edmonton winning 2 lotteries (remember lotto odds were changed prior to McDavid and in the RNH draft they just held the position because you could only move up 4 spots, which NJD did). It was a combo of not wanting the worst team to have good odds, and discouraging a team from doing what Buffalo was doing (although there are very few owners who would allow this, so it really is a limited worry).

Also, outside of the Taylor Hall year, I'm not sure Edmonton really tanked. They were just a terribly constructed team with bad coaching and a dysfunctional management structure.

Not really, but the hyperbole.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

I'd say Buffalo deserves equal blame on this one. The movement to change lottery odds emerged when Buffalo clearly created a team in the interest of tanking hard in the McDavid/Eichel draft and made almost no effort to improve itself in the off-season of 2014

adding Josh Gorges, Matt Moulsen ,Brian Gionta and Andrej Meszároš in the summer of 2014 is no effort of improving itself?

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
It worked for the Leafs.

Let's be honest, that was stupid lucky for them. The team that finishes last has what, an 80% chance of not picking first? I kinda think it was rigged to make up for the team not getting to host the draft or All Star game in their centennial season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, I don't know how that opposing player managed to teleport 10 feet to his side there.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Watched him play for Frölunda. I thought that he was impressive. Very good at quickly making good decisions. Generated some chances out of nowhere. Not entirely sold on him while his team is getting pressured or without the puck in the defensive zone but it wasn't a disaster. With the puck in his team's possession I thought he was excellent, especially if the teammate having the puck was him.

Better than I expected, to be honest.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Watched him play for Frölunda. I thought that he was impressive. Very good at quickly making good decisions. Generated some chances out of nowhere. Not entirely sold on him while his team is getting pressured or without the puck in the defensive zone but it wasn't a disaster. With the puck in his team's possession I thought he was excellent, especially if the teammate having the puck was him.

Defense generally improves with age. I didn't think he was any better than Liljegren or Brannstrom at that World Jr show case but you'd see some flashes but same thing with Brannstrom and Liljegren too, you can see why they are special players.

Dahlin should be a good one.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG

He did a good job defensively. No wow moments but he had his man. No defensive lapses at all. No goal against and played 15+ minutes. Can't really ask for much more than that. Offensively he has always been impressive. Great on the blue line, 4 out of 6 shots on goal last night. Two were deflected wide. Accurate, poised, smart and slick. On top of that he has a physical edge to his game. A truly complete player.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
It's striking how much he bends his ankles while skating, it keeps him in very fluid motion compared to everyone around him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
His skating is as equally incredible as his stickhandling in traffic. That's impressive.

Dahlman1221

Jan 1, 2016
You can see that Dahlin is a great player and plays a very good two-way game. I love the way he moves the puck quickly and has his up to make the quick pass when he gets the puck, especially in transition. But like any prospect his game is not perfect. The one area that I noticed that seemed to lack a little bit was his ability to track the puck in the defensive end. He was often focused on a man close to him when the puck was being swung and support was needed. It is a small criticism.

This is like the only flaw I see aswell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad