LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If you have read my comparison, it wasn't that lengthy to read. I did say "against his peers". Obviously if he grows to 6' 6" then the Hedman comparison in the NHL is more valid. Sorry I didn't check Hedman's height was he was of pre draft age.

You literally said “it’s his height”.

member 297479

That is amazing. Hopefully he goes on to have a good tournament. Really enjoyable guy to watch. Happy for him and Sweden, but maybe it would be better for their future NT if Dahlin could be converted into a forward or a goalie.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Can't be many that has played in the olympics at 17.

1928 Riccardo Torriani, Switzerland
1928 Jean van de Wouwer, Belgium
1948 Jack Kirrane, United States
1956 Franz Berri, Switzerland
1964 Josef Puschnig, Austria
1964 Boris Renaud, Yugoslavia
1968 Bernard Cabanis, France
1972 Mark Howe, United States
1976 Lyubomir Lyubomirov, Bulgaria
1984 Al Iafrate, United States
1984 Kirk Muller, Canada
1984 Ed Olczyk, United States

Mark Howe was only 16 years old. Kirk Muller turned 18 during the games.

Abraham de Lacy

That is amazing. Hopefully he goes on to have a good tournament. Really enjoyable guy to watch. Happy for him and Sweden, but maybe it would be better for their future NT if Dahlin could be converted into a forward or a goalie.

It is interesting that you should mention this. On the Tre Kronor website there is a pdf called "short facts about each player" (albeit in Swedish) containing a few lines about age, weight, position and so forth.

In it Rasmus Dahlin is listed among the defence-men, BUT states his position as "forward". I am quite convinced this is a typo. Or .. they are playing some kind of mind-game on us.

It is still there as of me writing this post. Weird since there are no other typos in it as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

member 297479

It is interesting that you should mention this. On the Tre Kronor website there is a pdf called "short facts about each player" (albeit in Swedish) containing a few lines about age, weight, position and so forth.

In it Rasmus Dahlin is listed among the defence-men, BUT states his position as "forward". I am quite convinced this is a typo. Or .. they are playing some kind of mind-game on us.

It is still there as of me writing this post. Weird since there are no other typos in it as far as I can tell.
He does look like a forward out there from time to time.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Awesome for him and he's a great player but he obviously wouldn't be on the Olympics team if NHLers were going as they have been for a while.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Awesome for him and he's a great player but he obviously wouldn't be on the Olympics team if NHLers were going as they have been for a while.
He would not. True. Sweden have many great defenceman and the Swedish NT would have been in a bind this year if it wasn't for the NHL not allowing players to go to the Olympics. Which defenceman to leave off of the roster is not an easy one and whichever way you go you will upset people.

Reactions: haveandare

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
He would not. True. Sweden have many great defenceman and the Swedish NT would have been in a bind this year if it wasn't for the NHL not allowing players to go to the Olympics. Which defenceman to leave off of the roster is not an easy one and whichever way you go you will upset people.
Actually......I could see him making it....as an extra. A joker, perhaps. Yes, we have 4-5 defenders that are 'set', but I could totally see him overtaken a few others spots, especially as a 7th D

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Actually......I could see him making it....as an extra. A joker, perhaps. Yes, we have 4-5 defenders that are 'set', but I could totally see him overtaken a few others spots, especially as a 7th D
I mean I would've liked it, but I just can't see any possibility of it happening. We are crazy stacked on the back end. If it keeps going like this we will have to do like Canada does with centers, but instead we put defensemen on the wings.
*Insert Karlsson joke below*

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I mean I would've liked it, but I just can't see any possibility of it happening. We are crazy stacked on the back end. If it keeps going like this we will have to do like Canada does with centers, but instead we put defensemen on the wings.
Heres for hoping that Raymond and Holtz solves our lack of star forwards..

Bustedprospect

Mar 10, 2006

I could see it. Dahlin is used to the big ice. After Klingberg, EK and Hedman there is a dropoff in talent. You probably pick a couple good defensive d-men after that. But then what? Think Dahlin is a pretty good wild-card to have in place 7.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I could see it. Dahlin is used to the big ice. After Klingberg, EK and Hedman there is a dropoff in talent. You probably pick a couple good defensive d-men after that. But then what? Think Dahlin is a pretty good wild-card to have in place 7.

Hampus Lindholm, OEL, Stralman, Ekholm, Larsson, Brodin

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Still dreaming that he falls to the Canucks. Petterson and Dahlin would really get this city buzzing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad