LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This has to be the saltiest post I've seen on this website all season. Its has "He's Swedish, so I dislike him" written all over it.

Hey, at least he finally seems ready to reluctantly acknowledge that Dahlin is NHL ready --- he spent the first several months of the season saying Buffalo should send him down or back to Europe. Baby steps.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Petterson being over a ppg player makes him hard to catch. But Dahlin is having an unprecedented season in a few ways.

I compare it to Mike Trout’s rookie year when he finished second in the mvp voting because Cabrera had a triple crown. You couldn’t beat a triple crown in the voting even if the season Trout had was unprecedented in a few ways.

At the end of the day...hey you still had Mike Trout How mad could you really get?

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Petterson being over a ppg player makes him hard to catch. But Dahlin is having an unprecedented season in a few ways.

I compare it to Mike Trout’s rookie year when he finished second in the mvp voting because Cabrera had a triple crown. You couldn’t beat a triple crown in the voting even if the season Trout had was unprecedented in a few ways.

At the end of the day...hey you still had Mike Trout How mad could you really get?

Imagine if they played him on the right side at 5v5

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Because of hype he almost seems to be (statistically) falling short of generational at quick glance.

Then you watch him, and his awareness and anticipation - in addition to his execution and points, and realize he is the real deal.:thumbu:

Reactions: Mitts888

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If he scored that PP goal on the side of the net, I think the Sabres win in OT.

Also, if he stays on the top PP for the rest of the season he'll hit 50 IMO. If he was on PP1 from the beginning he would have broke 50 for sure.

The kid is fun to watch. Wait until he packs on another inch, 10 pounds of muscle and improves his slapper from the point. He'll be a complete monster. Heck, he already is a high-end D.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
e.

The kid is fun to watch. Wait until he packs on another inch, 10 pounds of muscle and improves his slapper from the point. He'll be a complete monster. Heck, he already is a high-end D.

Dude, isn't that now referred to as a Clapper?

I haven't played in years, so I'm not actually sure of that myself.....:dunno:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He's great and all, but the first assist was a routine pass from the point to the half wall that any player at any level of pro hockey would have made.
My post might be a statement to stat watchers. These were his 16th and 17th secondary assists, i believe. Nearly half his points.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's great and all, but the first assist was a routine pass from the point to the half wall that any player at any level of pro hockey would have made.
The 2nd is actually a flubbed one-timer on a 5 on 3. It was luck play. Either way, the kid played pretty well tonight. He helped them generate chances consistently, although he also did end up on the wrong side of the highlights due to a weird bounce off an Eichel pass that hit a refs skate on the PP that made him fall over trying to make the recovery (and was dead tired due to have been on for like 1:40 at that point for a PP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad