LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, Big Ten (2018, 7th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Your fan-base is like a tolerable Toronto with outbursts that become Toronto. :laugh:

To be fair about Hughes, its not just Vancouver fans. There were people legitimately comparing him to Dahlin before the draft, and it wasn't just one person. I don't see Edmonton or Chicago or NYI talking about their defensemen they drafted as if they are future hall of famers before their careers even begin. At least with the Pettersson discussion, the guy put up maybe the best prospect season ever in the SHL.
This use of ‘maybe’ deeply offends me.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I'm super excited about this pick as a Canucks fan, but this highlight did make me nervous. If he does that too often in an NHL game at full speed, I'm concerned about the amount of contact he'll take. Hoping it won't be an issue.
Never know. One would have thought the style Datsyuk played with he would have gotten light up aswell but players could hardly touch the guy .

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm super excited about this pick as a Canucks fan, but this highlight did make me nervous. If he does that too often in an NHL game at full speed, I'm concerned about the amount of contact he'll take. Hoping it won't be an issue.

Hughes is one of the hardest players to hit. He's too smart and too fast.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He’ll need to be those things. Still, I think he’s better off returning to Michigan for his sophomore season.

I don't really know if he'd gain much with another year in college.

He'd dominate which is always good and cooking a prospect never really hurts. But he could step in and be an NHL contributor now.

I think the AHL would be the best place for him, with a call up in the late stages of the season.

Last edited:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Lol Quinn should issue an apology for playing exciting hockey, doesn’t he know that he just has to dump and chase the puck.

Reactions: L13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille