LD Pierre-Olivier Joseph (2017, 23rd, ARZ; traded to PIT)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Saw him ranked as #32 on Button's list. I know that Button's list should be taken with a grain of salt, but i'm intrigued by Joseph. If anybody could give me some insight, pros/cons, it would be much appreciated!

joe sacco

Sep 30, 2005
I saw him play this weekend in Halifax, and he looked quite good. Logged a lot of time on what looked like the top PP unit. Good speed, puck skills, shot. He has a large frame too - I would be surprised if he lasts until round 2. Scouts should get a good look at him as Charlottetown are poised for a long playoff run.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Theres no major holes in this guys game. He can do it all smooth mobile skater, high hockey IQ, very solid defensively, passionate, and one thing scouts and management is going to love is his character and leadership ability (yes intangibles). This guy can bring a locker room together, which is very important. Hes been doing it im Charlottetown for a year and a half now. He will be captain in Charlottetown next year hands down, and wouldnt be shocked to see him where a letter in the NHL one day.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I have a few guys I like with the 2nd round. He is one of them. Wouldn't mind him at all. I believe Vancouver categorized his attributes as an offensive defensemen.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I have a few guys I like with the 2nd round. He is one of them. Wouldn't mind him at all. I believe Vancouver categorized his attributes as an offensive defensemen.

He won't be an offensive d-man. He plays a really steady 2-way game, who has a very calming demeanour to his game.

Last edited:

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Soooo.....someone he ranked at #32, thinks MHunter should take him at #17? :help:

Other D's are available.

Where did he rank him 32? He's ranked 19th in his March rankings. Can't find his April ones.

And I mean you can argue there are better D available but its entirely subjective. Every year guys go later and end up better and such. Draft is a crapshoot for the most part. Not saying we take him but its hard to really say someone is better or not right now.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
His shot may not be hard, but gets through, and he knows how to place it, which means a lot more than a big hard shot. His shot power will quite obviously get better as he fills into his lanky frame.

Pretty much this. He's just so lanky now once he starts a pro training routine, and starts adding muscle all these things will come

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
It certainly caught my eye when Button predicted he would go to the Leafs in his mock draft. Maybe he will be the late riser who shoots up the draft boards, like Dennis Cholowski last year. IIRC, the scouting reports have some similarities.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Measured in at 6'2.25 & 163!!lbs

Y'all weren't kidding when you said he's lanky haha. I like this guy tho and would be all for nucks taking him at 33 if he makes it that long.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Measured in at 6'2.25 & 163!!lbs

Y'all weren't kidding when you said he's lanky haha. I like this guy tho and would be all for nucks taking him at 33 if he makes it that long.

Thing he preached though was, patience. This kid has a good head on his shoulders.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Would be happy with this pick at 17. He must have grew over the course of the season. If he can add strength and get up to 190-200 over the next couple seasons I can see him turning into a solid top4 d

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad