Prospect Info: LD Filip Nordberg (2022, 64th Overall)

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
With Patience we will grow to like this pick I think. He seems to have a hunger that's needed to win. Feels like he is willing and wanting to work to make it happen and not just rely on his natural abilities. Thats a trait that'sunreachable. Sneaky good pick here in the making, imo.

Does this guy ever crush anyone?

Do you ever have anything positive to contribute or say? No? Ok cool. Do tell me how terrible he is cause he isn't trying to crush cans for you

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
With Patience we will grow to like this pick I think. He seems to have a hunger that's needed to win. Feels like he is willing and wanting to work to make it happen and not just rely on his natural abilities. Thats a trait that'sunreachable. Sneaky good pick here in the making, imo.

Do you ever have anything positive to contribute or say? No? Ok cool. Do tell me how terrible he is cause he isn't trying to crush cans for you

Sorry … are you suggesting I can’t ask about the physicality of a player ? Are you suggesting I can’t question if he has a weakness ?

And sorry … I know nothing about crushing cans… I was asking if he ever hits anyone (hard) with his frame.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Sorry … are you suggesting I can’t ask about the physicality of a player ? Are you suggesting I can’t question if he has a weakness ?

And sorry … I know nothing about crushing cans… I was asking if he ever hits anyone (hard) with his frame.
I mean...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
You have figured out parts of this board very quickly if these are your first few posts.
It’s easy to say someone is stupid … it’s harder to back it up with something concrete other than your emotions and personal views.

This is the special place where 4000/4004 people thought the EK trade was terrible and the majority think they’re smarter than our GM.

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Any updates on this guy? Was he eligible for the last WJ and wasn’t good enough to make it ?
To young for WJ only 18. He's doing well, he started the season playing for Sodertalje U20 team, then moved up to their Allsvenskan team. Stats below

1.png
Filip Nordberg (D)totals43510150.35204
Södertälje SK J20
1.png
J20 Nationell
Södertälje SK
1.png
HockeyAllsvenskan

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Not too young for WJ, Petterson is the same age and was on Team Sweden.

He's been eligible for the WJ tournament since 2020-21.
OK i should have said he's only 18 and their were more experienced older players than him he will get his chance next year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
OK i should have said he's only 18 and their were more experienced older players than him he will get his chance next year.
That's true, but there were only 3 D out of 7 older than him on the team, 4 guys his age or younger on the D.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Very strange situation. Why would Nordberg want to play in the USHL? That's a pretty big step down from playing pro hockey in Sweden, and it's not like he's eligible to play NCAA hockey next season or something.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Very strange situation. Why would Nordberg want to play in the USHL? That's a pretty big step down from playing pro hockey in Sweden, and it's not like he's eligible to play NCAA hockey next season or something.
It made sense at the beginning of the year, where he seemed to be heading seeing he opted into the USHL draft and was taken fairly high, he was talking with the teams in the league obviously.

Now it makes zero sense. If he's coming over to NA, the CHL makes a ton more sense, though he hasn't been selected in the import draft yet and can't join a team for another season. .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It made sense at the beginning of the year, where he seemed to be heading seeing he opted into the USHL draft and was taken fairly high, he was talking with the teams in the league obviously.

Now it makes zero sense. If he's coming over to NA, the CHL makes a ton more sense, though he hasn't been selected in the import draft yet and can't join a team for another season. .
Just wants to start adapting to NA style hockey? Could he go to the AHL? probably not quite ready for that yet?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The only thing I could think of for why this would happen is if Nordberg was about to be sent back to the J20 and the Sens prefer to have him playing in the USHL.

Still against kids but at least it'd be on NA ice.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just wants to start adapting to NA style hockey? Could he go to the AHL? probably not quite ready for that yet?
That's the thing, it's not USHL for a year or two, then off to NCAA for a year or two.

It's, USHL, then AHL/NHL/Back to Europe. He's definitely not ready for the AHL. Nothing wrong with a 19 year old season in the USHL, but those are usually with the intent of getting ready for NCAA.

Doesn't make much sense.

Snowwy

Jan 29, 2006
That's the thing, it's not USHL for a year or two, then off to NCAA for a year or two.

It's, USHL, then AHL/NHL/Back to Europe. He's definitely not ready for the AHL. Nothing wrong with a 19 year old season in the USHL, but those are usually with the intent of getting ready for NCAA.

Doesn't make much sense.
Can’t he play CHL next year?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Can’t he play CHL next year?
He could, but then he’d have to find somewhere to play. He wasn’t selected by any team in any of the past 2 import drafts, and most teams will be drafting 17-18 year olds. He will find a team somewhere if he wants to go that route.

He went out of his way to be selected into the USHL last year. That indicates a NCAA route. Then he played pro games this year, which eliminates that.

It seems as though he’s had 2/3 changes of plans and direction over the past 10 months, as he’d have been selected in the import draft if he showed any plans of taking that route.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Doesn't make much sense.
Didn’t the article say that he was promoted for the purpose of the team holding his rights getting better compensation for him leaving?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad