LD Artemi Knyazev - Ak Bars Kazan, KHL (2019, 48th, SJS; traded to WPG)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What do you think about Zhuravlyov and his futur in nhl?
Is still TBD. Sometimes he looks like he has a lot of room to grow, sometimes he doesn't. He is still very young especially for a defenceman. He always was less of an OD from the two of them with Knyazev. On the other hand he has shown he can play regularily in the KHL, which is not that obvious for Knyazev who will probably start in the VHL. Also the injury in pre-season obviously was at the worst time for Zhuravlyov. He has only played 8 games since returning. I would not interpret too much into his "only" two point in that stretch, also considering the team has struggled lately. He has zero minutes in the penalty box too. I like that about him. He has 8 shots. That I don't like. And he needs to gain muscle. He obviously needs at least another season after this one in the KHL to mature.

Reactions: Brett44

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Why is he being loaned to Russia if QMJHL season is ongoing ?
Crossing borders is b... right now and he was in Russia anyway. He now gets to play on the U20 NT. They will kick off the WJC preparations with replacing the senior team at the Karjala Cup. Then comes the WJC in a couple of months. All in all this is way better for his development now than the uncertainty of the Q season.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Is still TBD. Sometimes he looks like he has a lot of room to grow, sometimes he doesn't. He is still very young especially for a defenceman. He always was less of an OD from the two of them with Knyazev. On the other hand he has shown he can play regularily in the KHL, which is not that obvious for Knyazev who will probably start in the VHL. Also the injury in pre-season obviously was at the worst time for Zhuravlyov. He has only played 8 games since returning. I would not interpret too much into his "only" two point in that stretch, also considering the team has struggled lately. He has zero minutes in the penalty box too. I like that about him. He has 8 shots. That I don't like. And he needs to gain muscle. He obviously needs at least another season after this one in the KHL to mature.
Thank you.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Larionov revealed today in an interview that he was not invited to the EHT because of a positive COVID test. So it basically overlapped with the injury prior. All good what ends good, I guess.

Reactions: themelkman

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It’s rookie development camp relax , Cody Hodgson, Jordan Schroeder etc looked great there too...

Was this really a necessary response to “he looks good so far”? He wasn’t making any prognostications about how good Kniazev will be in the NHL or if he’d make the big team or literally anything other than the fact “he looks good so far”. Do you go into every prospect thread saying the same thing?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Was this really a necessary response to “he looks good so far”? He wasn’t making any prognostications about how good Kniazev will be in the NHL or if he’d make the big team or literally anything other than the fact “he looks good so far”. Do you go into every prospect thread saying the same thing?

You seem to not realize the comments go both ways. Nothing needed to be said about his Nationality at all or the fact that he is NA trained Russian. Saying he looks good so far would be enough

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You seem to not realize the comments go both ways. Nothing needed to be said about his Nationality at all or the fact that he is NA trained Russian. Saying he looks good so far would be enough

If your gripe was about him saying “NA-trained Russian”, then bringing up Jordan Schroeder and Cody Hodgson is a little odd, don’t you think? I mean, it seems like you’re just ret-conning your intentions.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If your gripe was about him saying “NA-trained Russian”, then bringing up Jordan Schroeder and Cody Hodgson is a little odd, don’t you think? I mean, it seems like you’re just ret-conning your intentions.

No my original comment was because of sarcastic comment of him as a NA trained Russian. You can choose to believe this or not, I hope Knyazev excels like Sergachev but he still far from being there . We shall see how he fairs against NHLers.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad