Sportsnet: Laughton Potentially Available

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Last thing the Flyers need bad in return for Laughton is a RW with term.

Konecny
Atkinson
Tippett
Foerster
Brink
Allison

They would have to have trade for TK and Atkinson lined up because Tippett and Foerster should be in the top 9 this year. Flyers don't have to take bad a 3 year almost 5 mill player to move Laughton.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Per Friedman during the intermission mentioned he has heard that Laughton might be out there.

Briere is willing to move him for the right price.
He has term left. He’s in the same group of forwards many teams have making $3.5-$5.5M with 1-3 yrs left that many teams are looking to move.

I don’t think there will be much of a market unless Philly retains him down to $2M, takes back a contract and a net gain in cap hit.

• Haha
Reactions: Rich Nixon

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
He has term left. He’s in the same group of forwards many teams have making $3.5-$5.5M with 1-3 yrs left that many teams are looking to move.

I don’t think there will be much of a market unless Philly retains him down to $2M, takes back a contract and a net gain in cap hit.
Except the reporting is not this - that there is significant interest in him. And somehow here is in some unknown group of other forwards even though they all make more than him? So basically your analysis is that every forward with term is in the same group? I mean you just come off as so clueless to say that Philly needs to retain and take back more money for there to be a market.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The Flyers main goal at this point is about getting value back in return, not dumping players off immediately. The time to do that was last season when Bedard was on the table - but that time is passed.

Trade only when you're getting good value in return...I believe that's what Briere will do.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Would be a perfecf fit in vancouver, but we would lose in a bidding war

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He makes $3m and just had 43 points and won the WC with a big role on the Canadian team.

You’re way off.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Last thing the Flyers need bad in return for Laughton is a RW with term.

Konecny
Atkinson
Tippett
Foerster
Brink
Allison

They would have to have trade for TK and Atkinson lined up because Tippett and Foerster should be in the top 9 this year. Flyers don't have to take bad a 3 year almost 5 mill player to move Laughton.
If all goes well fine but how many games will Allison and Atkinson play?
And Foerster and Brink are still prospects.

Leaves you with TK and OT.

We need more bodies so we can get to choose who we play so in future trades returns must be quantity-oriented. Pick AND prospect-young player. 1 for 1 is not optimal imo.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Maybe use the assets from the Debrincat trade for Laughton or a three-way trade?

Laughton + 5 mil cap space instead of Cat wouldn’t be the worst thing for the Sens.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I love the fact that Danny Briere appears to be slow playing negotiations and setting his asking prices extremely high. That being said, if it's true that he turned down an offer of a late first round pick for Laughton I'm not sure that was a great idea. I am a person who really like Laughton too but if you can get a first in this draft for him I feel like that's an easy decision. Maybe more than one team has made a similar offer though and Briere is just trying to squeeze a 3rd or B level prospect out of someone.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sens will trade DeBrincat for a 1st+ and then use those assets to trade for Laughton.

He's exactly the kind of player they thirst after, plus he played for DJ Smith in junior and at the WC.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Canes fan here. I'm really interested in Laughton.

Laughton would be a great fit on our team for several reasons. He checks a lot of boxes for our team, and makes a lot of sense to obtain.

If I'm the Carolina front office, I'm asking the Flyers about him. If he would require something like a late 1st and a B tier prospect, that's a reasonable price, and that allows us to still go big game hunting for a top 6 forward.

Reactions: Larry44

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I love the fact that Danny Briere appears to be slow playing negotiations and setting his asking prices extremely high. That being said, if it's true that he turned down an offer of a late first round pick for Laughton I'm not sure that was a great idea. I am a person who really like Laughton too but if you can get a first in this draft for him I feel like that's an easy decision. Maybe more than one team has made a similar offer though and Briere is just trying to squeeze a 3rd or B level prospect out of someone.
Pretty sure they were talking about Charles 'Entertainment' Fletcher turning down the late first for Laughton.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Canes fan here. I'm really interested in Laughton.

Laughton would be a great fit on our team for several reasons. He checks a lot of boxes for our team, and makes a lot of sense to obtain.

If I'm the Carolina front office, I'm asking the Flyers about him. If he would require something like a late 1st and a B tier prospect, that's a reasonable price, and that allows us to still go big game hunting for a top 6 forward.
You have Flyers 3rd this draft and 2nd next. Might be enough. Prospects Robidas and Ponomarev look good.

Reactions: Sigurd

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If all goes well fine but how many games will Allison and Atkinson play?
And Foerster and Brink are still prospects.

Leaves you with TK and OT.

We need more bodies so we can get to choose who we play so in future trades returns must be quantity-oriented. Pick AND prospect-young player. 1 for 1 is not optimal imo.
All i am sayingb8s that RW is the worst position that another team can try and give us a player...especially with 3 year term. If 8tvwas a C or LW, fine.

You have Flyers 3rd this draft and 2nd next. Might be enough. Prospects Robidas and Ponomarev look good.
Not a chance. flyers can 100% get a 1st for him

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
never heard of the website ProHockeyRumours.Com a day in my life before. Mods need to crack down on posters hyping up fake news
This is actually a very reputable site launched in 2016, lots of good information on a daily basis.

Pretty much any news that comes out is all compiled on this one site plus international signing info from their journalists.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
1686536538975.png

uh, what's that now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad