GDT: Latvia vs. Slovenia

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Oh yes just giving up the puck possession with 5 minutes left. Love this. Vitolins my favorite coach. Imagine trying to play the game against Slovenia.

Maybe, yes. But Balizs was great and Shutov can steal games, he's done that before at that level.
Balisz has been kept out of tough matchups and played first today where he got lit up as badly as the next guy while Shutov has been reaaaally shaky in this tournament. I guess I will hold my judgment until all the games are played.

But yeah, Kroselj hasn't been great, that's for sure.

Reactions: jonas2244

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
In the end, Slovenia outshoots Latvia 28-27 :laugh: Vitolins the tactical genius.

Compared to this, the Norway game was clean as a whistle.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
In the end, Slovenia outshoots Latvia 28-27 :laugh: Vitolins the tactical genius.

Compared to this, the Norway game was clean as a whistle.
To be honest, these were low quality shots. Probably thats what it feels like for a Canadian to watch a game against Latvia. Sure, they steal pucks some time. Produce chances. Might even score a few times. May even win once in a dozen games. But otherwise, its just hitting the goalie in the belly.

I dont overestimate the Latvian team. They are what they are. But unlike in the Norway game, there was no real danger in the end here. It was just extremely unlucky game for us. Cancelled goal. Goal allowed because own players decide to knock each other out. Getting hit in the balls and not getting a PP. And lots more. Slovenia played good enough to score one goal. Thats why in the end, I had no worries. I knew they are out of ammo. Giving the puck away to prevent two on one break aways like on their second goal might have been the smartest move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad