GDT: Latvia - Finland

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Finland really got the Hannu Hanhi group this time. Fine, USA has quality, but the rest? Nope. Canada left a walkover with college players from upper Ontario and Germany and Kazakstan battle for the 3rd and 4th place. Not exactly exciting stuff.

Not that it excuses Sweden playing the worst hockey since 1937, but still, the bragging winning the group shouldn't be that high. The B group is rather shit.

Finland took Hannu Hanhi from sweden YEARS ago

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The subtext there was that there's not that big of a difference between both groups.

There can be 3 teams from Group B in the semis without any upsets. Germany beating Switzerland (2nd seed) wouldn't be exactly shocking.
GER win over SUI wouldn't be an upset, yes. But if you still asked the Swiss if they'd prefer Germany or Canada as a QF opponent, guess what most of them would say?

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
GER win over SUI wouldn't be an upset, yes. But if you still asked the Swiss if they'd prefer Germany or Canada as a QF opponent, guess what most of them would say?
To repeat once more, it was a response to the Swedish chimp.

I wouldn't comment anything on those 2 lines you posted here out of that specific context.

Reactions: Stubu

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
To repeat once more, it was a response to the Swedish chimp.

I wouldn't comment anything on those 2 lines you posted here out of that specific context.
In that context: whenever any country draws a non-elite country as a QF opponent, it is a lucky draw for them, as they will have better odds at winning the game, no matter the teams' respective group stage performance.

Of course, the game will be played on ice, not on paper, and the odds get beaten every now and then. No one was ever denying this.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
Imagine this.

USA beats Germany, Kazakhstan wins against Norway and Canada beats Finland. Latvia vs Germany tied all up late in the 3rd period, do both teams take out their goalies? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tony Piscotta

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No, I agree with that, we can't really compete with Canada playing a run and gun game. However, we should be controlling the games against lower tier teams, but so far pretty much every game except for the Italy game have been a 50/50 struggle.
I honestly didn’t even mean to reply to you my bad lol. It was the other poster. This tournament is weird. It’s honestly a mystery box of who will win any game. I meant to reply to Joffrey who wants to call it anti hockey.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
In that context: whenever any country draws a non-elite country as a QF opponent, it is a lucky draw for them, as they will have better odds at winning the game, no matter the teams' respective group stage performance.

Of course, the game will be played on ice, not on paper, and the odds get beaten every now and then. No one was ever denying this.
How should I put this politely. You're not getting it.

I don't care about what you said about someone being lucky to draw Kazakhstan or Latvia in the QFs. That is quite obviously, self-evidently plain to anyone with connected brain hemispheres.

So for the 3rd time (hoping you're getting it now), my post was in reference to the chimp who claimed that Group B is shit and Group A is clearly superior. I do not agree.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
So for the 3rd time (hoping you're getting it now), my post was in reference to the chimp who claimed that Group B is shit and Group A is clearly superior. I do not agree.
Okay. Not going to argue this. In this case, though, you ought to have quoted Chimp instead of me, as your disagreement was down that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad