Latendresse Vs Kostitsyn

vrams21

Oct 10, 2006
Kostitsyn its a very very very skilled players....(that a highly skilled player )

The biggest thing that kept him out of the top-five in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft were health concerns.

Latendresse its a powerfoward, good shoot, good hockeysens, but its not skilled players....

Kostitsyn by a mile!

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
I urge you people not to listen to my fellow Habs fans who once again overrate one of our prospects. Kostitsyn is a good all-around player, but he's not THAT talented and his ultimate upside is something like 80 points, while i actually see him doing in the 60ish instead.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I'd say thier potential impact is approximately equal...Points wise, anyways. But you have to take notice of Kostitsyn's continued year-to-year improvement. His ceiling might be sky high.

vrams21

Oct 10, 2006
I urge you people not to listen to my fellow Habs fans who once again overrate one of our prospects. Kostitsyn is a good all-around player, but he's not THAT talented and his ultimate upside is something like 80 points, while i actually see him doing in the 60ish instead.

LOL :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospects/andrei_kostitsyn

"Size and Physical Play: Not a big guy at just above 6’0 and 190 pounds, and plays the open ice style of hockey without much hitting. Does not hesitate to split the defense though or try to get around next to the boards. Can take a hit. Skating: Above average skater and fast acceleration. Good lateral movement. Shot: Strong slap and wrist shots, with a good release. Hockey Sense: Sees the ice well and can sense plays developing. Can give a very nice pass and set up a one timer. Technical Skills: Solid technically "

"Has explosive scoring ability and a nose for the net. Loves to dangle and make nifty plays. Is comfortable in pressure situations."

"Kostitsyn is an excellent puck-handler, with above-average speed. What sets him apart from other players is his ability to handle the puck at top speed. He has good hockey sense, although like most players his age he needs to work on playing without the puck.
He is also blessed with a quick release and heavy shot. The biggest thing that kept him out of the top-five in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft were health concerns."

"Kostitsyn is a top skilled players, puck handling, shoot and hockeysens"

overrate ?????

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Not really :shakehead

vrams21

Oct 10, 2006
I can see you don't post here very often.

Pretty much every fan of every team overrates their own prospects.

Exactly, but its not my rate and its not a montreal fan rate.

Hockeyfutur's
Red line report
Trevors Timmins
nhl prospect's
Russian prospect's

And >>>>> :amazed:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Both Kostitsyn and Latendresse are interesting prospects but both have things to work on. Lats has made big strides in the skating department but still needs a lot of work. That said he's still only 19, and he was able to be effective offensively despite not being a very good skater. Hopefully over the next year or two he really works hard on his skating. What I like best about him might be his passing game, but it's great fun watching him crush people cause he can hit like a truck. With better skating I think it will only help him take the body better.

Kostitsyn has had problems with effort/drive and a brutal defensive game. He's shown a great deal of improvement in his defensive game, going from brutal or clueless to actually being decent in his own end. If he continues to work hard and produce then he'll stay in the lineup. I'd like to see him shoot more as he gets more confidence, made some unreal passes in the nhl and in the ahl this year he was flat out money in the shootout.

Heske_44

Jul 4, 2006
is that why latendresse made the team and kostitsyn didnt?? .

Actually that had absolutely zero to do with anything.

Latendresse made the team out of camp as his options were return to junior or play with the Habs. Since they strongly felt his developement had peaked in junior and wanted him to further develop this was the only option. AK just was the player that got shafted and since AK didn't have to clear waivers last year they could easily monitor AK in Hamilton and call him up at will.

Tough to say but for point totals I'll take AK...great passing...he can wheel and score. His work ethic has been great since his second call-up.

Transported Upstater

I don't want to be an ass, but I figured I would help a little. i've been there before and it helps when people point out these types of mistake.

Don't worry if your English is questionable; it doesn't have to be perfect to be understandable. :)

I can see you don't post here very often.

Pretty much every fan of every team overrates their own prospects.

You're such a Habs homer. :sarcasm: :D

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Don't worry if your English is questionable; it doesn't have to be perfect to be understandable. :)

You're such a Habs homer. :sarcasm: :D

you learn a lot of english just to watch and post here. it has helped my english a lot. i used to be pretty average, but after joining HF i feel its becoming pretty good.

Odinsky*

Kostitsyn is faster and has better hands than Latendresse.

Good thing we have both. :D

Transported Upstater

you learn a lot of english just to watch and post here. it has helped my english a lot. i used to be pretty average, but after joining HF i feel its becoming pretty good.

Same thing with many of the Habs posters; their English has definitely improved since coming here. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad