Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

ecotone

Jun 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I used to go to so many live shows and concerts but it slowed down alot as I hit mid twenties with less and less friends with the same music tastes. That makes me a bit sad. also less music in general I am even interested in going to see live these days.
Last show was so long ago November, 2010! Florence and the MAchine. great show, she has an incredible voice and probably last chance to ever see them in such an intimate venue was around 3000 capacity place 9/10
The one and only artist I have missed out on twice and need to see live is Damien Rice, but who knows when he will come around to tour or even record again.

Last edited:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Seen a bunch of concerts this summer

Trash Talk 8/10
Bruce Springsteen 10/10
Refused 10/10
Baroness 7/10
Vildhjärta 2/10
Killswitch Engage 7/10
Kyuss 10/10
Machine Head 5/10
Machine Head 6/10
Slayer 8/10
Nasum 9/10
Nasum 10/10
Gojira 10/10
Hypocrisy 7/10
Vader 3/10
The Roots 6/10
Behemoth 5/10
M83 6/10
Cerebral Ballzy 6/10
Raised Fist 7/10
The Hives 6/10

And a bunch of other gigs that was utterly dissapointing or not memorable at all. Cant really complain, I've seen lots of great concerts this year.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
This past year:

Soja: 6/10
Arctic Monkey: 8/10
Black Keys: 9/10
Dr. Dog: 7/10
Radiohead: 10/10
Tallest Man on Earth: 9/10
Lee Ranaldo Band: 7/10
Wilco: 10/10

To be seen this year: Band of Horses, MMJ, Shabazz Palaces, MMJ Again.

I've seen Band of Horses, and My Morning Jacket before, so I know what to expect. Great things.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
David Usher/9.0

He's fallen off just about everybody's radar, but all four members of our family (our two daughters sort of grew up listening to him) love him in concert and we, or whatever combination of us happen to be around at the time, see him whenever we get the chance. He delivers every time.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Muse 10/10

Something happens to these guys when they play live; they just reach a totally different level from their studio work. Plus, the band is the all-time, all-time gold standard for presentation and lighting. A spectacular show.

TTOMO

Aug 30, 2011
Port Moody, BC
Metallica - Way back on August 24th and 25th at Rogers Arena, filmed for their movie. 10/10. That's how you put on a rock show.

Got one of those huge Metallica beach balls at the end of the 1st show. Was on the floor and got a guitar pick at the 2nd show. Four times I've seen them now.

Now I'm just waiting for Alice In Chains to return to town.

getzforfighting*

bruce springsteen 11/10! its really amazing seeing such a legend up so close.

nudie

Feb 26, 2010
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band with special guests: Tom Morello, John Fogerty and Paul McCartney.

6/10. Not a fan and the highlight of the gig was Macca, which was cut short due to curtain laws. Another + points was some random dude boosting a 60+ old women on his shoulders so she could see better, and also a girl clearly on some kind of drug which was hillarious. The Springsteen performance, meh maybe a 4/10. http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/14/showbiz/music/springsteen-mccartney-power-cut

Can't wait till the summer for more live music xD

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Dallas Smith / Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band: 4.5 / 10

At Scotiabank Sattledome. Nostalgia ruled the day. Sound was too loud but the music was good to hear if you haven't been exposed to it. It's a throwback to a totally different style of popular songwriting, based more on tradition. Seger and co. did about three encores and the people loved it. Can't say much about the opening act. I hate country. Thankfully only caught the end half or so of his set.

Dayglo Abortions / Doom: 7.5 / 10

At Broken City. Pretty energetic and light-hearted crust crowd. Nothing too intense in the pit. Just people enjoying some good-old anti-corporate punk rock. Doom was really going hard without much respite. Consistently awesome night. Great show and great atmosphere all around. They played a Sabbath cover as well. Only caught the tail-end of Dayglo's set. Very cool old-time hardcore band and still going strong apparently. Probably one of the best punk acts from Canada. Catchy and good players all-around.

Dayglo Abortions / The Casualties: 7.5 / 10

At Dicken's Pub. The Casualties destroyed the place. The vocalist really worked the place I'd say. Possibly the most chaotic concert to which I have ever been. People trying to stage dive and crowd-surf with a scant pit and just mayhem all-around the front of the stage for most of the set. They made lighthearted fun about how Edmonton had a better pit quite a bit and I was one of the only ones to enjoy hearing this, being from the Edmonton area way back when. It was one of those limit experiences that I love about some of these concerts. They played a couple Ramones songs to boot. At the end it was metal heads and punks charging against each other and the metal heads kind of got their ***** handed to them over the course of the night I'm afraid to say--at least I did. The Dayglo Abortions brought it again, but again, I missed part of their set. The singer / guitarist worked the crowd pretty well and I got exhausted pretty quick till I got my second wind by the final set.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
AC/DC -- 10/10. Not necessarily a big fan, but it was easily my favorite concert by a large margin.

It was in August 2009, I got a call out of the blue from someone I hadn't talked to in a while, he asked if i'd like to take an extra ticket off his hands. Since I'm not really a bid acdc fan, other than the big radio/bar songs, so I told him I wasn't sure and I'd have to think about it and get back to him. Figured that even though it wasn't really a big band for me, it was probably my only opportunity to see a big iconic band for the last time (I don't expect them to be back). So I called him back and accepted.

Get to the concert and dark storm clouds are rolling in. Middle of the show, a torrential downpour starts. Like, raindrops the size of marbles, probably the heaviest storm I'd seen in ages, my entire body was soaked down to the skin. Lightning lighting up the sky in the middle of their set, people cheering every time the sky lit up. There was so much water coming down off the top of their stage that there was a few inches of watching on the stage, stage hands constantly trying to clean it off the stage with squeegees (can't believe they weren't electrocuted). Brian Johnson (lead singer) pauses in middle of the rain and says "if you guys are willing to sit through this ****, then so the **** are we, do you want us to keep going?", or something along those lines, crowd went ballistic.

They played all the big ac dc songs that even non-fans know and love. Great energy from start to finish from both the band and the crowd.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Path to Extinction / Absu: 7.5 / 10

Missed Black Pestilence. I was bummed out at first because I told the guy I was going to be there, but I got over it. Next time. Path to Extinction was your run-of-the-mill Cryptopsy carbon copy. Not terrible I guess. The vocalist really seemed to lose his voice with the intermittent high shrieks. Absu really nailed their set. Mythological themed black metal, a little bit dirty, and kind of catchy and thrash-like. People moved around more at Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band though (older people were dancing in the packed upper deck bleachers). Here it was pretty much all standing a round with a tiny bit of head banging. Still, another good night at Dicken's, and on a Monday.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Last concert I saw was As Cities Burn as part of the Underoath farewell tour. Didn't stay to see them as I'm not interested but it was amazing see an ACB reunion. mewithoutYou also played that show but I only caught half their set.

Got tickets to see Foals in a couple weeks and then Ben Howard for the second time in the summer.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
July 2012, Iron Maiden.

11/10. Bruce sounded awesome and the band was phenominal. They played a lot of Seventh Son material and some rare ones like The Prisoner and Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad