Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

Patchey*

I saw Muse last year. Blew. My. Mind.
It wasn't even one of their better setlists and they still killed it. Say what you want about them, they are one of the top live bands in the world.

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer
Just saw Soundgarden. Mmmm Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmmmmm...
Such a great show. So glad I can die easy now, having heard them live. Cornell has the greatest voice in rock - bar none. The rest of the band were lights out too. I love Ben Shepherd. <3

They played a few too many songs off of 'Down on the Upside' for my liking, but the rest of the set KILLED!
I wasn't sure whether or not they were going to play "Jesus Christ Pose": they did. I was ecstatic, my favourite song. "4th of July" - a song I've never relly liked - brought me to my knees. It never sounded that bloody fantastic before, whereas "Black Hole Sun" was a tad underwhelming. I'm under the thought that Cornell and co. don't particularly care for that song too much, the crowd were into it though.
I should mention, it was an outdoor event, under the stars, on a lawn with a hill. I had a great, centered position - I could see everything! However, I was perched further out than I thought, I didn't get "OMG, AMAZING, EARGASM" sound. Ya know, the kind of sound that makes your whole body tremble and really gets your adrenalin racing. So that was perhaps the only real downside. Well, that, and I couldn't really move due to a sore shoulder, I couldn't clap much, or raise a salute. Plus, having been seated on the ground for well over an hour (with no phone), waiting for the band, by the time they came on (after a rather ****** performance by some unknown (to me) opening act) my legs were also killing me. I was surprised I was still standing by the time for the encore, which was the absolute highlight of the evening. The Encore: "Beyond the Wheel", "I Awake" and "Slaves and Bulldozers" was the first time I really felt like moving my body. Perhaps due to the clearing of some of the other patrons, freed me up a bit. Perhaps those were the highest energy songs. Eh, either way I had a blast! :D

Setlist:
Searching with my Good Eye Closed
Spoonman
Jesus Christ Pose
Hands All Over
Blow Up the Outside World
Hunted Down
Drawing Flies
My Wave
The Day I Tried to Live
Pretty Noose
Burden in my Hands
Fell on Black Days
Ty Cobb
Rusty Cage
Outshined
Loud Love
Let Me Drown
Black Hole Sun
Superunknown
4th of July

Encore:
Beyond the Wheel
I Awake
Slaves and Bulldozers

Last edited:

TTOMO

Aug 30, 2011
Port Moody, BC
^I saw Soundgarden last summer. Only waited 14 or 15 years. We didn't get to hear Pretty Noose, but they did play Gun.

Last concert I saw was Guns N' Roses at the Pacific Coliseum. They were excellent. There were a lot of great reviews on websites about their recent tour from old fans who had low expectations about a GNR show or Axl's voice in this day and age. The rest of the world will rag on Axl (OK, sure, there are many reasons to, but the music is not one of them.), but the guy still has it even if the original band isn't there (and the new band can play). And Chinese Democracy really was an underrated album (As good as Appetite or the Illusions? No, but I give at least a solid 3-1/2 stars, lots of great songs worthy of addition to the GNR catalogue.). Anyway, I'd give the concert a solid 9 (a few too many jams). I really didn't mind that they got on at 11 because they gave us 3 hours and the wait between sets wasn't all that long. Oh yeah, Duff McKagan opened and he joined GNR for a few songs.

One of my videos from the show (High quality sound):

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Megadeth and Motorhead - feb 4th

Not a fan of shows at the bell centre. security was annoying and the sets kinda shorts.
still fun, because motorhead rules, but not the best sets.

7/10

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Bleeding Through, Upon A Burning Body, Suffokate, Murder Death Kill.

10/10, bands were great, crowd was crazy, pit was great, for all you Metalcore fans out there.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I saw the Ataris two weeks ago. It was fun and somewhat nostalgic.

6/10.

Seeing Matthew Pryor tomorrow. It's going to be a 10/10, for sure.

crane

Feb 18, 2009
San Diego
I saw Weezer in August. Good show even though they only played a few from the Blue album and only one from Pinkerton.

Opened with Pork and Beans, not my favorite but not horrible. Next up was Surf Wax USA which killed. Covered Paranoid Android too.

Probably 7/10 - mostly due to them being one of my favorites, plus a beer fest at the show. Would have been better with more Pinkerton.

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer
Soundwave Festival, yesterday:

Meshuggah
Bush
In Flames
Trivium
Mastodon
Lamb of God
Black Label Society
Unearth
System of a Down
Machine '****ing' Head
:yo: :yo:
10/10

I got sun burnt like a mother****er, and I have a sore neck, but it was totally worth it!
Awesome day, awesome music! :yo:

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada

Meshuggah
Bush
In Flames
Trivium
Mastodon
Lamb of God
Black Label Society
Unearth
System of a Down
Machine '****ing' Head
10/10

I got sun burnt like a mother****er, and I have a sore neck, but it was totally worth it!

Bush...like Gwen Stephani's husbands band? they don't seem to fit that lineup. :laugh:

I haven't been to a concert in years now, but the last one was
Black Sabbath (Dio)
Megadeth
Down

The singer for Down was just getting over strep throat so they kinda sucked, Megadeth kicked some serious ass, there set was far to short. Sabbath was good, don't get me wrong I love Dio, but holy diver dio, when it comes to Sabbath I prefer Ozzy. Eitherway a pretty kickass concert 8.5/10

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer
Bush...like Gwen Stephani's husbands band? they don't seem to fit that lineup. :laugh:

No argument here. They were surprisingly good, though, played a short, 'best of' set and a decent cover of 'Come Together. Pretty good.
Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, And Marilyn Manson were also there, I didn't see them, however, due to scheduling conflicts (re: better bands were on at the same time).

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California

Meshuggah
Bush
In Flames
Trivium
Mastodon
Lamb of God
Black Label Society
Unearth
System of a Down
Machine '****ing' Head
10/10

Damn what a sick lineup.

Uproar 9/10. A7X always puts on a wicked show.

Hm forgot about Uproar.. might see if it already went through here and see who else is playing.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Saw A day to remember and rise Against a few weeks ago..
I'd give it a 8/10

ADTR are pretty bad live from everything I've seen and heard. Their vocals are WAY overproduced on their albums and sound pretty rough live.

Just a huge pet peeve of mine and after seeing them I stopped being a fan.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Foo Fighters at the Prudential Center in November. 9/10.

That was the last concert I saw too :amazed:. It was a birthday present for my dad (I bought the tickets) and we are BIG Foo Fighters fans. Opening up with Bridges Burning was amazing! Social Distortion was good as well. I would give it a 10/10, but the Joy Formidable was awkward and mediocre.

9.5/10

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I went to see the Cat Empire last night at the Metropolis (Montreal). They are a ska band from Australia. What an awesome show, it was the second time I've seen these guys live. They also really know how to work a crowd, everyone was dancing and just having a fun time. Safe to say that it was a good night.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Deicide 850 / 1000

Pretty tame pit but an occasion for soreness nonetheless. Something about the Republik makes everyone take it easy. Maybe because there's a metal pole in the middle. It was nothing like Slayer or Mayhem. I was shouting out for the Hoffman brothers while Benton was farting on about them, then he said 'kill him' to the crowd. Haha.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Florence and the Machine at Molsen Amphitheater, Toronto 6/10

Florence has a suitably weird stage presence and a good voice. The Machine is a collection of faceless session musicians who produce not a distinctive sound, just the signature sound. There is not a single improvisatory or spontaneous note played all night. A lot of the songs are very similar, a wave of sound with Florence doing her thing in front of it. Very bland and sanitized. My two twenty-something daughters loved it, though.

crane

Feb 18, 2009
San Diego
Saw tenacious d last Sunday. They were pretty good.

Played a lot of their new stuff at first then ended with mostly old stuff. Open Air Theatre at San Diego state was a nice little venue too.
8/10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad