Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
I haven't seen my last concert yet (hopefully) but latest concert was Nathaniel Rateliff & the Nightsweats.
It was at Berns in Stockholm at Good Friday. It was a really good concert and NR & TNS are a really good band.
Berns is also a fantastic venue. NR & TNS had brought another Denver band, Slim Cessna's Auto Club,
to open the concerts. SCAC was I don't know... . I haven't decided yet if I liked them or not. Some of their
songs were pretty good maybe but the stage performance was a bit weird.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
5/9/18 Steven Wilson, Portland OR
7/10 - I still don't like 'To The Bone'. Encore selections were just bad. Everything else was divine and his band is amazing.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Taylor Swift at the Rose Bowl 5/19 - A/A-

Surprised the kiddo with an early birthday present and took her and my wife to see TS, with Charlie XCX and Camila Cabello opening. The opening acts were fine I suppose, but nothing to write home about. TS herself actually put on a great show. Sure it goes a long way to have a music that makes my daughter happy, but I actually do enjoy a fair bit of her music. That said, the set leaned heavily on the new album which might be my least favorite. Nonetheless, the production and staging of it all was very impressive. She broke it up into something like 5 little acts with their own little set pieces and themes. Lots of dancers, fireworks, snake props, remote stages and huge video monitors which moved a little bit and were see through at times revealing the band. I really wish the band was out front and the show had an overall bigger imprint on the show, but it was at its core a pop show. She did slow it down and do a couple solo acoustic guitar tunes and a couple piano tunes which were nice. For the most part, her older hits were shortened versions played in medleys. I would have liked to have heard all of them and a couple more, but still it was possibly a top ten show for me for grandiosity alone. [as a point of reference it was much better than U2 at the RB last year!]

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Recent ones:

Senses Fail/Reggie and the Full Effect at Music Hall of Williamsburg: 9/10. Senses Fail were amazing, but Reggie made the night amazing. They are a side project of the keyboardist from the legendary Get Up Kids, and they just completely blew me away. I really wasn't familiar with them except the minor hit they had years ago with the weird video of the Loch Ness Monster going through a divorce, but I absolutely LOVED them. It's usually hard for me to get into a band I am unfamiliar with but they had me hooked from the first song.

Dashboard Confessional at Brooklyn Bowl 9/10. Dashboard were amazing, basically greatest hits and the few new songs were actually very good. Opening act of Beach Slang was also great, their frontman is so entertaining.

The Wonder Years at PlayStation Theater 8/10. Very good show, decent opening acts and TWY were very good. Only letdown was their final song just didn't feel like something to close a show. Was just meandering and for a show closer I always think it should be a song that kicks your ass.

Story of the Year at Gramercy Theater 9.5/10. What can I say? They are one of my favorite bands and they were just incredible. They were the exact opposite of TWY by closing with "Until the Day I Die" and bringing down the house.

Between the Buried and Me at PlayStation Theater 7/10. Just got a ticket because I had heard of the band and it was cheap. They are prog rock with long songs which I'm not really into but they were actually very good and held my attention. The opening act Dear Hunter were pretty boring.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Raven Black 7.5/10
Aboleth 7/10

Hail Sagan 7/10

Stitched Up Heart 7.75/10
New Years Day 7.5/10

tonight = The Velveteers...

Monday = Sumo Cyco, Nonpoint, and Butcher Babies...

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
saw Wolves in the Throne Room in Toronto back in September of 2016.

8/10, the guitars were a little quiet. Only a little though. Would have been a 10/10 otherwise... incredible atmosphere and stage presence.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Between the Buried and Me at PlayStation Theater 7/10. Just got a ticket because I had heard of the band and it was cheap. They are prog rock with long songs which I'm not really into but they were actually very good and held my attention. The opening act Dear Hunter were pretty boring.
This one hurts my soul :laugh:

BTBAM is definitely an acquired taste I think. They’re my all time favorite band, so I’m biased when I say they always blow me away live.

The Dear Hunter is another big favorite of mine. That being said, it depends on what type of setlist they pick that really makes it for me. I’ve seen them 4 tines now. Whenever they go with the upbeat/rock songs it’s a good time. But there was one time I saw them as an opener and they played more slower paced songs it seemed and while I enjoyed it, I could tell many in the crowd didn’t.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I saw the Slayer LOG Behemoth Anthrax Testament concert on May 30th. What a great show. 10/10 :clap:

Reactions: Ozz

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - 8/10
Pianos Become the Teeth - 7/10

The Wonder Years - 10/10
Tigers Jaw - 6/10
Tiny Moving Parts - 7/10

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Raven Black 7.5/10
Aboleth 7/10

Hail Sagan 7/10

Stitched Up Heart 7.75/10
New Years Day 7.5/10

tonight = The Velveteers...

Monday = Sumo Cyco, Nonpoint, and Butcher Babies...

~*~

Velveteers = 7/10
Sumo Cyco = 9.25/10
Nonpoint = 6.5/10
Butcher Babies 7.5/10

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
WOW!!!
I just got home from an Ana Popovic show in Colorado Springs.
Ana is Phenomenal!
I've literally seen thousands of concerts, including some of the greatest ever.
This show is in my Top Ten Favorites of ALL TIME, and Ana is easily in the Top Five most amazingly talented guitarists that I've seen EVER!!! (right up there with the likes of Clapton and BB King!!!)

* insert "worship emoji" here *

12/10 (Yes, it was that good!)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Robert Plant--Budweiser Stage-Toronto 10/10

It came as a shock to realize that the last time I saw Plant perform live was 35 years ago. His voice has lost something with time, but it is still a marvelous instrument. Unlike the previous times that I saw him, he did Led Zep songs, four of them, including Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You and Rock and Roll, that one with surprise warm up act Sheryl Crow coming back out on stage to sing harmony. He has absorbed a tremendous number of influences, everything from bluegrass to North African music, and his new music seems fresh, modern and very alive. Great concert.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Daniil Trifonov, piano; Toronto Symphony, conducted by Peter Oundjian--Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #3 10/10

A spectacular reading by a young Russian pianist of the piano concerto that many consider to be the most difficult and demanding of all piano concertos in the classical/romantic repertoire. Quite a contrast with last night, but nearly as satisfying.

Reactions: G F O P

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Flotsam and Jetsam

OK, old metal band from the '80s, and only the singer is an original (though some others have been there for a good amount of time, off and on...)

They put on a fun show.

6.75/10? Maybe even 7/10...

Sep 19, 2008
Foster the People - 6/10
Paramore - 9/10

Hey, I noticed on my shirt that they had gone to Canada earlier so I'm glad you got to enjoy it. They went through Canada and went south to Columbia, MD yesterday which is where I saw them, then they will go back up to Philly today and some other towns

Anyway Foster the People were pretty okay, I liked their cover of Blitzkreig Bop but didn't know any of their other songs. Paramore as usual was awesome. Saw them in 2017 and saw them again in 2018. 9/10

Took a point off because it rained during the concert. Random deluge in the middle of one of their songs :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Daniil Trifonov, piano; Toronto Symphony, conducted by Peter Oundjian--Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #3 10/10

A spectacular reading by a young Russian pianist of the piano concerto that many consider to be the most difficult and demanding of all piano concertos in the classical/romantic repertoire. Quite a contrast with last night, but nearly as satisfying.

Re: this, you are very privileged to see Trifonov in person perform one of the most advanced pianist works of the 20th century and maybe of all time. Trifinov is extremely talented and I've never seen him perform live but have heard him before on Youtube and spotify (I think his rendition is up there but I'm not sure)

Anyway PC #3 is amazing and one of the best works, again, of the 20th century when it comes to piano works. I was actually listening to the version by Van Cliburn before the Paramore concert yesterday. It is simply a sensational, transcendent, amazing piece. Very jealous.

38:37 on is perhaps one of the most majestic parts of the concerto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad