Confirmed with Link: Larkin signs (8 x $8.7)

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It feels weird that I have no reaction. Signing him was always a 99.9% certainty. The dollar amount and term turns out to be what was expected.

Woo?

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
GM Henkka would absolutely sign a 40 year old Finnish player out of Liiga based on one game 20 years ago at a prospect tournament when he got a secondary assist after he blocked a slapshot with his teeth.
f*** me, I'd sign that guy too. He's a damn lunatic blocking a slapshot with his teeth.

I'd also get his contract tossed out bcause I would have offered it under duress.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
It might be too much, but I don't think we will ever be in a situation going oh we couldn't sign so and so because Larkin is making 500-700k more then he should.

If you look at the free agents available this summer, Larkin may well have gotten 9-9.5 on the market. He is literally the only 1c quality guy available under the age of 35.

By all rights, this deal is UNDER market value.

Ok, so, how does this team actually make the playoffs now?

They don't. The team is still better than it was last year and will hopefully be better again next year with the addition of Edvinsson, Kaspar, and whatever UFAs Yzerman can get.

The Wings are playing in a ridiculously strong division and have already won almost as many games as they did last season and are on pace to score more goals and possibly allow almost 100 less goals than last year.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
It feels weird that I have no reaction. Signing him was always a 99.9% certainty. The dollar amount and term turns out to be what was expected.

Woo?
I also have a modest reaction partially because of what you said but also because my mind is mainly on non-Larkin decisions.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This 8.7M for last 2-seasons with 0.97 points per game (130 total games) looks like a small bargain vs, nearest comparables.

Vs. Brayden Point, Bo Horvat, Roope Hintz, Fiala (winger)

Point - 1.02 ppg - 9.5M caphit
Larkin - 0.97 ppg - 8.7M caphit
Hintz - 0.94 ppg - 8.45M (one RFA year)
Horvat - 0.87 ppg - 8.5M

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Jaster from three, it's good.

You're 100% correct. If someone shatters their knee or obliterates their ACL, that would change something. But just normal production or non-production for a short period of time won't affect anything.
I agree. I was mostly being a smart-ass, feeling that NBA Jam vibe. The timing of the "it's making progress and almost done" announcement regarding Larkin negotiations has a lot more to do with the deadline fast approaching than the last two Wings games. Not that I think there's any real chance he gets traded, but I'm sure Yzerman would feel a lot better having him signed, or close to signed, by Friday.

EDIT: oh wait, it's done? Larkin signed!? Sweet.

Reactions: whata beauty

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The hope is that as we add more talent the deal looks better and better. Glad to have this done.
$8.7M will feel like a lot less by the time Dylan is 30.

Does this seal the fate for Bertuzzi leaving?
I think Bertuzzi sealed his own fate. Contract negotiations have stalled for some time if reports are correct.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I agree. I was mostly being a smart-ass, feeling that NBA Jam vibe. The timing of the "it's making progress and almost done" announcement regarding Larkin negotiations has a lot more to do with the deadline fast approaching than the last two Wings games. Not that I think there's any real chance he gets traded, but I'm sure Yzerman would feel a lot better having him signed, or close to signed, by Friday.

EDIT: oh wait, it's done? Larkin signed!? Sweet.
You going to buy that Larkin U of M jersey now at least?

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Ok it's done now no point in crying about it. I hope he earns it but I don't feel good about this AAV...
What would the Wings have to do that you'd think he earned? (Not a leading question because I ask myself this at times for core players)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad