Confirmed with Link: Larkin signs (8 x $8.7)

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
It's interesting, that after Dylan Larkin's worst career game, he decides to accept the offer.
The offer was 8M per (firm).
Reports are he is getting north of 8.5M per.

We will see… but it sounds like the conclusion of a negotiation, more so than either side ‘accepting’ anything.

I will be happy to have him locked up.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
The offer was 8M per (firm).
Reports are he is getting north of 8.5M per.

We will see… but it sounds like the conclusion of a negotiation, more so than either side ‘accepting’ anything.

was it? I know it started off at 8 but I could have sworn I saw stuff posted a while back that had Yzerman up to like 8.2 or something

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
It's interesting, that after Dylan Larkin's worst career game, he decides to accept the offer.

Think it's more likely they had an internal deadline of Friday and Yzerman and Co both wanted this relationship to continue based on the work over the course of a year, not 2 games.

Also we should be celebrating this, our captain is staying!! The future is bright folks, loosen up.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Henkka, come on buddy. Sample size, sample size, sample size.

You're technically true that it's after a really bad game. It's also after a run of 5 games that was tremendous like a week ago. Nothing in his play in the short run has drifted this one way or another. If movement is happening right now, it's because the TDL is Friday and either the Wings are making internal decisions on guys and want to lock in Larkin's number, are thinking about what to do with Bertuzzi (aka have a trade lined up, but want to get Larkin squared away, potentially bending his way, because they know they're trading his buddy), or any other process.

Teams with good management don't make calls on their own players due to a week of hockey or even just a month of hockey. They kind of have to when it comes to drafting young kids because that's all the sample size that exists of them, but pro scouting? It's not on a minute-to-minute basis for most players.

There will never be a contract signed or not signed based off of two calendar days.

Reactions: dalem177

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
....injuries aside.
Jaster from three, it's good.

You're 100% correct. If someone shatters their knee or obliterates their ACL, that would change something. But just normal production or non-production for a short period of time won't affect anything.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Henkka, come on buddy. Sample size, sample size, sample size.

You're technically true that it's after a really bad game. It's also after a run of 5 games that was tremendous like a week ago. Nothing in his play in the short run has drifted this one way or another. If movement is happening right now, it's because the TDL is Friday and either the Wings are making internal decisions on guys and want to lock in Larkin's number, are thinking about what to do with Bertuzzi (aka have a trade lined up, but want to get Larkin squared away, potentially bending his way, because they know they're trading his buddy), or any other process.

Teams with good management don't make calls on their own players due to a week of hockey or even just a month of hockey. They kind of have to when it comes to drafting young kids because that's all the sample size that exists of them, but pro scouting? It's not on a minute-to-minute basis for most players.

There will never be a contract signed or not signed based off of two calendar days.

GM Henkka would absolutely sign a 40 year old Finnish player out of Liiga based on one game 20 years ago at a prospect tournament when he got a secondary assist after he blocked a slapshot with his teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: ShelbyZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad