Rumor: Laraque: "Sabres looking to trade Evander Kane"

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Are his after hours indiscretions any better or worse than Patrick Kane? I seem to remember that Kane had some issues of his own before he "straightened" out. I'd hate to think that any of this was motivated by factors outside of hockey, but...

Kane has talent, and if he matures (he is only 24, and how much of a knucklehead were any of us at 24), he is a good hockey player. He got too much too soon and as we are learning with the Subban trade, the hockey old guard is rather conservative.

Most people are done being knuckle heads and are moving on by 24. How far is the age excuse going to go? He's only 30!! He's only 35!! Come on guys he's only 48 he hasn't even applied for AARP, yet.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
Are his after hours indiscretions any better or worse than Patrick Kane? I seem to remember that Kane had some issues of his own before he "straightened" out. I'd hate to think that any of this was motivated by factors outside of hockey, but...

Get lost with this race crap. No one cares that he is black, dude is a dick in the locker room and out of it as well. End of story.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Come on. I've hated this trade since day 1, but Kane has not been a locker room problem in Buffalo.

His teammates were PO'd that he missed practice after the NBA All-Star Game.

His teammates were PO'd when he missed practice during the first allegation. After that he apologized to his teammates and said stuff like that wouldn't happen again.

And now we have this round of stuff.

He may not be a cancer, but I doubt he's beloved in the room, especially by the guy wearing the C.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, Roslovic....

1297473299130_ORIGINAL.jpg

Still a completely inept general manager either unwilling or incapable of showing that he is doing anything other than burying a franchise in mediocrity...The franchise is just as bad off now as the day they arrived from Atlanta or worse....Should have been a package deal with Noel when he was sent packing....

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Come on, he is being shopped because he is a cancer in the locker room and has been under investigation three times now...no need to sugar coat it.

He was a locker room cancer in Winnipeg. In Buffalo, his teammates were asked every way they could be asked by our media here if he was liked and the room and I can't think of one of them who didn't give him enthusiastic support.

I was the most vocally against this deal at the time, I think we got pillaged, but I can be fair about the guy.

He's been investigated twice in Buffalo. The first time it went nowhere. I'm sure he's doing something stupid to get wrapped up in this, but I'm equally sure it'll go away if there's never any follow-up.

A year ago, Patrick Kane was going to jail for 10 years. Time will tell if Evander has anything to worry about. I'm not selling him for scrap now on the assumption that he does.

Custer99

Jan 6, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Kim Pegula has made it clear to GMTM she wants Kane gone. His track record of problems with women and all. Just a guess.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Still a completely inept general manager either unwilling or incapable of showing that he is doing anything other than burying a franchise in mediocrity...The franchise is just as bad off now as the day they arrived from Atlanta or worse....Should have been a package deal with Noel when he was sent packing....

You mad?

They are one season removed from the playoffs. Relax.

He restocked the prospect cupboard that was completely empty when the team moved from Atlanta.

Traded a headache and a band-aid for a pretty good haul.

Got a pretty good deal for Ladd at the trade deadline.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015

Sour grapey? :cry:

But regardless its a shame E.Kane can't seem to get out of his own way. I hope he finds his way to Las Vegas to be closer to his idol mayweather. Heck maybe he can convince dana white to get him a fight with Connor Mcgregor.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Ridiculous. The roster is better and there is no comparison between the prospect pool now and 5 years ago. Should be interesting watching all the fans trying to jump on the bandwagon in the next few years.

North

Jun 25, 2009
He was a locker room cancer in Winnipeg. In Buffalo, his teammates were asked every way they could be asked by our media here if he was liked and the room and I can't think of one of them who didn't give him enthusiastic support.

I was the most vocally against this deal at the time, I think we got pillaged, but I can be fair about the guy.

He's been investigated twice in Buffalo. The first time it went nowhere. I'm sure he's doing something stupid to get wrapped up in this, but I'm equally sure it'll go away if there's never any follow-up.

A year ago, Patrick Kane was going to jail for 10 years. Time will tell if Evander has anything to worry about. I'm not selling him for scrap now on the assumption that he does.

I think in general he's tried to be a better teammate in Buffalo.

Having said that, the missing practice after a night of partying probably didn't go over well. He did apologize and they seemed to accept that and move on.

My main issue with Kane is, even if this latest run-in with trouble is nothing, he keeps putting himself in these situations.

Most other players manage to keep out of trouble but he keeps finding it.

It's time to grow up.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Just for giggles, what would you consider a decent return from the Canucks?

(Not getting Horvat, Baert, Tanev, or any top prospects...)

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Yak and he is yours.

A 2nd and he is yours.

Just get him the freak out of Buffalo.

No to Yak. I think hes going to break out this year. Well, break out meaning 50 points that is. :laugh:

How about Oilers 2nd in 2017 plus a 2nd in 2018? Seriously.

Sure hes a head case but he can still play. Big risk and reward. I doubt the Sabres give him up for just 1 2nd rounder.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Ridiculous. The roster is better and there is no comparison between the prospect pool now and 5 years ago. Should be interesting watching all the fans trying to jump on the bandwagon in the next few years.

It is ridiculous. The blind loyalty to a GM that has done nothing but fumble and bumble his way through six seasons. Do you really want me to start? Prepare for a litany of Chevy's absolute inability to run a franchise....Tim Murray got fleeced in the Kane/Bogo for a King's ransom deal that took place but other than that, if you think that Chevy is some GM of the year candidate, you're out to lunch my friend.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
No to Yak. I think hes going to break out this year. Well, break out meaning 50 points that is. :laugh:

How about Oilers 2nd in 2017 plus a 2nd in 2018? Seriously.

Sure hes a head case but he can still play. Big risk and reward. I doubt the Sabres give him up for just 1 2nd rounder.

He's yours.

Why would you want Evander Kane around the great young players you have?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Here's a thought...there's been a lot of talk about diversity coming out of political Ottawa lately. If we were to swap one headcase (Ryan, who goes trailer travelling instead of training every now and then) for Kane, and were to treat Kane well and show that the Senators can handle differences, it would make the Senators look great, instead of a very, very vanilla franchise.

I'd at least consider this if I were Dorion...

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015

What are you talking about? The guy has built a fantastic team full of potential. As a nuetral fan I think he's done a fantastic job. Rebuilds take time. Some teams should really look at what WPG, TOR, and ARZ has been doing and take notes. Those three teams are the best built teams for the future.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth

user-image-1213754043_thumb.jpg

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
He's yours.

Why would you want Evander Kane around the great young players you have?

We just did a test drive on Zak Kassian . TMac and Chia did a great job with him. So I am betting we might have the same luck with Kane.

Maybe, maybe not but imagine if he simply grew up :amazed:

He would be worth 2 1st rounders.

edit: In fact, why dont the Sabres work with him for 1 more year? 25 is the age where most of us start to slow up a bit, get a steady girlfriend and even marry. We no longer go to bars to get hammered and get into fights.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I'm still holding out hope that he can stay with the Sabres and become a contributing part of the good-looking team they've got assembled. I'd be quite happy if it turned out to be an even trade and the Sabres look like a fun team to watch.

A Sabres fan would want that guy out of the locker room asap to continue a healthy rebuild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad