Value of: Landeskog to Ottawa

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Avs better be prepare to take a lowball offer if their demands are for picks and guys on ELC .

Landerskog and Duchene are worth the asking price if some cap dumps or salary can be returned .

Example : Edmonton 1st , Nurse , Bear or Jones , Fayne or Pouliot . I would not make the trade but if either guy was a need this would be a fair offer .

As I said the demands are not unreasonable from Avs fans but from your management . a #1 D ++ . A #1D has more value then both those guys .

Good luck . I like the Avs and I am not going to bash you guys as i know what it is like . I think you guys need a LHD like a Larsson . Solid defensively , physical and can skate . Pair him up with Barrie and that should be a decent top pairing D that can defend and move the puck .

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I like the Avs and I am not going to bash you guys as i know what it is like . I think you guys need a LHD like a Larsson . Solid defensively , physical and can skate . Pair him up with Barrie and that should be a decent top pairing D that can defend and move the puck .

I feel Zadorov is evolving into that exact type of player. He won't provide many points but he doesn't need to. Just play those hard D minutes, and hit like a truck and cover for the more offensively gifted player.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
LOL Chabot and meh for two of our top players?

ROR with 1 yr til UFA returned a substantial package. Duchene (stop with the Duchesne nonsense) will return a heftier package than that if traded.

Duchene for Chabot and a 1st is a realistic starting point value wise. Avs don't have to trade Duchene. If Ottawa wants him badly enough they will pay the price Sakic sets.

This isn't about fair value. If Duchene is moved, he'll be more than guaranteed to be best player in the deal, doesn't mean Avs will trade him for peanuts.

meh?

- 1rst round pick 2018 : I didn't know that 1st round picks were now considered "meh" on HF :laugh:

- roster player (not named EK65, Stone, Hoffman) : he only specified "not those 3" so that means it could be Turris, Dzingel, Brassard, Smith, Ceci, Pageau, etc

- another good prospect (not named White, Brown) : so it could be Dahlen, Chlapik, Perron, Englund, Jaros, Paul, Hogberg...

- he also maybe other picks : it's vague so it could be anything

Not saying I would be doing that deal but the package that poster was talking about could be :

Turris + Chabot + 1st + Dahlen

for

Duchene/Landeskog + Barrie/Johnson

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Chabot + 1st + Dahlen is a tough pill to give up and it means by acquiring Barrie or Johnson that Methot and Ceci would both be exposed to the expansion draft. So a slight upgrade on Turris and load up on defense just for the rest of the season would cost 3 important young assets for a budget team.

Ottawa doesn't need Duchene "badly". You have totally the right to keep him and I think the Avs should. He is still young enough

the assets to land landeskog without decimating their future?[/QUOTE]

Ottawa is a budget team. Assets like Dzingel, Pageau, Ceci, Chabot, White, Brown, 1st, Dahlen, etc are VERY valuable to them.

I'd rather do another Phaneuf type of trade (trade smaller assets, take cap hit back, offset it by throwing away undesired salary) and upgrade the team this way.

That said. Chabot is their only good D prospect and the Avs will absolutely demand him so I doubt that something happens.

They will probably go for a rental.

Jaros, Englund, Claesson, Wolanin, Lajoie, Harpur are other good/decent prospects in the Sens org. Particularly Jaros, as I think he will be excellent. But Chabot is the only blue chip D prospect and until we have no idea what will happen with the expansion draft, the Sens won't move him IMO.

This thing has run it's course... now we're just going in circles. We'll see what happens but don't be too surprised if Landy isn't a sen and Ceci doesn't yield you a top 6 forward.

I am not desperately here waiting that Landeskog becomes a Senator :laugh: If he wasn't Swedish (I have a big bias for Swedish players), I don't think I'd be really interested to be honest. Not the type of forward the Sens need.

Ceci is so, so good he will be traded away so that the team can protect Methot in the draft.

Let's repeat for people who need more explanation to understand. Methot is from the Ottawa area (like Ceci) but he is Karlsson's partner AND best friend. He is also very good at this thing we call hockey.

If they keep Ceci, it means that they lose Methot FOR NOTHING. If they trade Ceci, they can use him as an asset to upgrade the roster somewhere else.

If there wasn't that stupid expansion draft, I would NEVER look at trading Ceci and for all that we know, maybe it's not even in Ottawa's plans. It's my own speculation, me a random fan on the internet...

Do you get it now? :popcorn:

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Haven't read the posts in this thread so I apologize if this has been discussed already.

To Ottawa: Landeskog

To Colorado: Ceci, Brown, 1st

Is this enough to pry Landeskog out of Colorado?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Haven't read the posts in this thread so I apologize if this has been discussed already.

Not a bad offer but I hope not.

Think it would have to be Chabot + to make any sense for the Avs.

The only way that has a chance of happening is if the Avs have a follow up deal like Duchene for Hanifin or something similar in place.

But even then I think you would have to swap Brown with White (Avs need a two-way guy to replace Landeskog if they trade him) for it to make sense.

Maybe the Avs add a bit but I don't see any scenario where none of Chabot or White come our way if one of Landeskog / Duchene go to Ottawa.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Not worth it for Ottawa IMO, they could use a forward like Landeskog but this would great two huge holes in the organization and fill only a marginal need.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

I love Brown and that 1st could turn into a great player but I think Ceci is a complete bust and I pray the Avs don't trade for him.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I feel Zadorov is evolving into that exact type of player. He won't provide many points but he doesn't need to. Just play those hard D minutes, and hit like a truck and cover for the more offensively gifted player.

I dont know man, Zadorov has a lot of great offensive tools. The coaching staff has just had him focus on purely his defensive game to start the year but lately we have seen him getting more and more minutes and some more free reign to make offensive plays. Lets not forget this kid is only 21 when most D dont hit their stride until 24. Zads is the real deal. Buf has to be kicking themselves they gave up him instead of Risto (who is bad)

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It's gunna be fun if/when Landy or Duchene are traded and HF goes from 'overrated bums' to 'wow what idiots the Avs were for trading these guys'

ROR 2.0

It really will be, especially considering Duchene is better and Gabe is just as good on a much better D. Its inevitable, fan bases will bash the player and say certain prospects wont be moved and then rave about them when they are on the team. Most fans will always see their own players in rose colored glasses .

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I said the same thing in the numerous threads we had in the past, I just don't see potential in him that Sens fans see, and quite frankly I think ''he has untapped potential'' is just lip service to make him some more desirable on the boards. He is what he is, a good #4 who can play as a #3 at times. He also isn't what the Avs are looking for.

"Potential is the biggest lie in all of sports"

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I love Brown and that 1st could turn into a great player but I think Ceci is a complete bust and I pray the Avs don't trade for him.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ceci but define bust? He's a capable #4 right now, I'm not sure there is much offensive potential there but he could have a career similar to Chris Phillips imo.

It's funny reading your opinion of Zadorov then following it up with calling Ceci a bust. Given you calling Ristolanien bad, I'm gonna assume you are drowning in analytics.

Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'm not the biggest fan of Ceci but define bust? He's a capable #4 right now, I'm not sure there is much offensive potential there but he could have a career similar to Chris Phillips imo.

It's funny reading your opinion of Zadorov then following it up with calling Ceci a bust. Given you calling Ristolanien bad, I'm gonna assume you are drowning in analytics.

Bust just in terms of his draft ranking towards what he is. It is fairly common but the idea of basing a players value being warped because they were a high pick and not based on current ability or results.

I think a #4 on a meh team and a #5 on a good team would be accurate. I wouldn't dispute that at all, I just don't think he is the type of Dman that a team should give much up for. Similar to Gudbranson. I also have a lot of worries about hearing the Avs may go after Carlo as well for similar reasons.

I do rely on advanced stats as a basis in evaluating defensmen, as when used apropriately they can supply reliable questions to answers I may have. Risto is a good example of a player that stats helped me change my opinion on.

My commentary on Zads however is based on me watching 95%+ of the games hes been in since hes been in the league but especially with his development this year. The guy has size, skating ability, an insane reach and a great shot. Biggest question mark was decision making but that seems to not be an issue and the amount of off ice work he has put in has been incredible.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Bust just in terms of his draft ranking towards what he is. It is fairly common but the idea of basing a players value being warped because they were a high pick and not based on current ability or results.

I think a #4 on a meh team and a #5 on a good team would be accurate. I wouldn't dispute that at all, I just don't think he is the type of Dman that a team should give much up for. Similar to Gudbranson. I also have a lot of worries about hearing the Avs may go after Carlo as well for similar reasons.

I do rely on advanced stats as a basis in evaluating defensmen, as when used apropriately they can supply reliable questions to answers I may have. Risto is a good example of a player that stats helped me change my opinion on.

My commentary on Zads however is based on me watching 95%+ of the games hes been in since hes been in the league but especially with his development this year. The guy has size, skating ability, an insane reach and a great shot. Biggest question mark was decision making but that seems to not be an issue and the amount of off ice work he has put in has been incredible.

Ceci was drafted 15th. If you think a 15th pick being a top 4 D is a burst then i think your expectation are way to high.

Here is a list of 15th picks between 2002 and 2012

Jesse Niinimaki
Robert Nilsson
Alexander Radulov
Ryan O'Marra
Riku Helenius
Alex Plante
Erik Karlsson
Peter Holland
Derek Forbort
J.T. Miller
Cody Ceci

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

I think you are underrating just how good Phillips was in his prime.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Ceci was drafted 15th. If you think a 15th pick being a top 4 D is a burst then i think your expectation are way to high.

Here is a list of 15th picks between 2002 and 2012

Jesse Niinimaki
Robert Nilsson
Alexander Radulov
Ryan O'Marra
Riku Helenius
Alex Plante
Erik Karlsson
Peter Holland
Derek Forbort
J.T. Miller
Cody Ceci

I think that's a very fair and reasonable argument. I guess I would alter my point simply to say that I dont think Ceci is good enough of a Dman for the Avs to trade Duchene or Landeskog with him being the core piece of the deal.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

:laugh:

Ceci is 1st in PK TOI/GP and 2nd in ES TOI/GP in Ottawa, 2nd in overall TOI/GP on a team that is :

- 11th in P%
- 12th in GA/GP
- 16th in SA/GP
- 8th in SCA
- 7th in HDCA

All those defensive stats are above average and Ottawa is also above average in the standings... Why would they play a bust that much? HF as always :handclap:

Meanwhile, Zadorov is 5th in TOI/GP (ES and global, 4th on PK) on one of the worst blueline in the league

Weird because Ceci's analytics are better than Zadorov's with tougher deployment.

And everybody knows that Ristolainen is easily better than both

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I'm not saying all of the offers here are worthy of getting Landy but for Avs fans to think they'd get a Chabot + White type package for him is pretty outrageous. Having been part of a franchise where star players were traded I can almost always assure you that you never get a package like this for a forward, or anyone really.

When was the last time a package of blue chips was traded for a star player? Lindros? since then it hasn't happened.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Am I the only one who finds it tremendously annoying reading silly comments like Ceci's a complete bust? Yes, he's a complete bust who plays 23+ minutes a night on a playoff team. Good job!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad